PDA

View Full Version : 1.1.4 firmware is out … and jailbroken.

wraggster
February 27th, 2008, 00:53
As reported by Erica Sadun over at TUAW, Apple has released the 1.1.4 firmware. No sooner had I posted [a comment on her blog entry] that I thought folks should wait to see what Zibri came up with for a 1.1.4 jailbreak, as I thought his was technically the most correct of the various 1.1.3 jailbreaks, Erica reported that Nate True had run Zibri’s existing 1.1.3 jailbreak on his 1.1.4 iPhone and it worked. Jailbreaking works, but he has not tested activation or unlocking yet, both of which he suspects are broken until Zibri updates “ziphone” for 1.1.4. This is all great news. I recommend that everyone just hold off a little bit, until Zibri has said he’s updated it for 1.1.4 and then go for it. If you check his blog, you’ll see he’s working on doing that, right now. :)
Nate reported that after jailbreaking it, Installer.app thought OpenSSH was still installed, even though it no longer was, and that he couldn’t uninstall it (main script execution failure). I have released an update to OpenSSH that anyone with this issue can update to. If you update to it before you jailbreak your 1.1.4 iPhone, then you should be able to uninstall it ok, via Installer.app, even though it’s gone, as it will now ignore the error it gets when it tries to stop the now-missing daemon. You can then simply reinstall it. If you already jailbroke it and can’t uninstall it, just upgrade to the new version and you’re all set to go. Nate says the root password is still “alpine”.
UPDATE: In comment #132 on Erica’s blog entry, mentioned above, Zibri says:
“I already found everything..
I just need to recompile, check new offsets, do a test and release.
Expect a new version in a day.”

http://blog.psmxy.org/2008/02/26/114-firmware-is-out-and-jailbroken/

aixyman
February 27th, 2008, 23:01
Hi,
I have been trying to upgrade it and did not read your message to wait. Too bad as now the iphone (1.1.2 ootb) is not coming up again. it keeps in boot loader mode and after the mac address is displayed, it keeps repeating the line BSD root: md0, major 2, minor 0. I am quite depressend and am not sure what to do now as itunes is not recognising it anymore. I use OSX.5. Anybody can help?

AntiSephiroth
March 3rd, 2008, 16:41
I had the same problem. You need to hold down home and power until it fully shuts down, then hold home afterwards, and keep pressing power repeatedly (until the Apple logo shows up.) Then let go of the power button, and hold HOME until the connect to iTunes logo shows up. Then restore. My advice would be downgrade then use jailbreakme.com