PDA

View Full Version : Good PS2(3?) games with love plots?

Napalm-Death
February 27th, 2008, 04:33
Hey guys, I'm a sucker for romance so I was wondering if you guys could recommend me some good games with good love plots. Thanks in advance. >_>

SnesR0X
February 27th, 2008, 04:57
Kingdom Hearts?....
It technically does, although it isn't too involved throughout most of the game...

Besides that and the sequel I can't think of any....

Napalm-Death
February 27th, 2008, 05:01
Bleh, I already finished Kingdom Hearts, I lost interest in 2 after getting to play as Sora... that whole game kept putting me to sleep. I hope there's more other than KH and FFX.

SnesR0X
February 27th, 2008, 05:15
Bleh, I already finished Kingdom Hearts, I lost interest in 2 after getting to play as Sora... that whole game kept putting me to sleep. I hope there's more other than KH and FFX.

Yea, not many popularized games I can think of that have what you're looking for. There'll be a million JRPGs that do though, try your luck looking at those perhaps?

Napalm-Death
February 27th, 2008, 05:43
Well, that's impossible (atm at least) since I don't have my PS2 anymore; I only have my PS3. Damn you Sony!

lmtlmt
February 27th, 2008, 06:28
keep your old ps2/ a 60gb ps3 at launch

Malksta
February 27th, 2008, 13:24
Uhm, Metal Gear Solid 3?
they are some romantic stuff in there with Eva :>

Accordion
February 27th, 2008, 13:43
Uhm, Metal Gear Solid 3?
they are some romantic stuff in there with Eva :>

Or the Boss…

ICO and SotC.

Horse love!

DPyro
February 27th, 2008, 16:53
FYI FFX-2 continues on where FFX left off.

Napalm-Death
February 27th, 2008, 17:24
lmtlmt: I gave my PS2 to my friend because she needed it more than I did and I'm on a 60GB PS3.

Malksta: I have MGS3, and I beat it already. :<

Accordion: Does ICO have a love story that doesn't involve a horse? I've never played it because I rarely ever see it in stores.

$n!pR: Was FFX-2 good? I've heard that it's more of a fanservice-type of game than anything. =/

Accordion
February 27th, 2008, 17:39
lmtlmt: I gave my PS2 to my friend because she needed it more than I did and I'm on a 60GB PS3.

Accordion: Does ICO have a love story that doesn't involve a horse? I've never played it because I rarely ever see it in stores.

$n!pR: Was FFX-2 good? I've heard that it's more of a fanservice-type of game than anything. =/

ICO does not revolve around horses like SotC does, its about a very young boy[you] trying to escape a castle with a young girl named Yorda. Definitely one of the greatest games ever created [and my number 1]
this ebay seller seems okay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ICO-Playstation-2-COMPLETE-RARE-FAST-SHIPPING_W0QQitemZ260213786994QQihZ016QQcategoryZ6 2053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Have you played SotC though?

also: I quite enjoyed FFX-2, ridiculous but fun.

DPyro
February 27th, 2008, 18:11
Ya, FFX-2 is a little girlish but it was still a fun game. I would say you should definitely try it out if you enjoyed FFX.

lmtlmt
February 27th, 2008, 22:46

well that means you can play ps2 games....

gdf
February 27th, 2008, 23:06
I agree with Accordion, Ico and Shadow Of The Colossus are superb love stories.

Dark Chronicle is good if you're out for love between a boy and his big wooden robot.

Eviltaco64
February 27th, 2008, 23:35
Any Final Fantasy game I've ever played have love involved.

In Sonic PS3 there's a love between Elise and Sonic :rofl: ITS GREAT!

Napalm-Death
February 27th, 2008, 23:37
well that means you can play ps2 games....

Here's a hint: US PS3 = No PS2 J-RPG...

Eviltaco64
February 27th, 2008, 23:43
Here's a hint: US PS3 = No PS2 J-RPG...

Use Swap Magic!

Napalm-Death
February 27th, 2008, 23:50
Accordion: I have played SotC but I never got past the second colossus because the person that lent me it wanted it back very quickly. I'm going to order a copy of ICO next week because I don't have a credit card so I'll have to pay via cash; thanks a lot for the link though, I appreciate it.

$n!pR: I'll pick up a copy of FFX-2 but I'm going to replay FFX next week since I beat it a long time ago.

gdf: Eh, no thanks. :P I'm honestly just interested in love stories involving a male and a female. I can't be bothered with a boy and his robot. lol

Eviltaco64: Does Swap Magic even work on the PS3? o_O

Accordion
February 28th, 2008, 00:00
Dark Chronicle is a superb game however.

Buy SotC and play it all the way through. I cant get enough of that game, i beat four colossus on a demo unit in a shop not too long ago…

Napalm-Death
February 28th, 2008, 00:10
Well, if I do see Dark Chronicle, I'll definitely consider it. As for SotC, I'll pick up in a week or two depending on how much I end up paying for ICO.

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Shadowblind
February 28th, 2008, 02:07
Tales of the Abyss. There is absolutely no substitute. Legendia isn't as good, but Abyss is by far the greatest romantic action RPG I've ever played.

Napalm-Death
February 28th, 2008, 02:11
I just looked it up... I have never seen this one in stores. I'll check for it online after I get ICO and SotC. Thanks!

kcajblue
February 28th, 2008, 02:37
i would suggest getting sotc before ico.
i really like it better.

ico is kinda weird for me.

Napalm-Death
February 28th, 2008, 03:33
I decided on getting ICO first because it's a lot harder for me to find than SotC. I mean, I can find SotC for $19.99 at any given time, but I can't say the same for ICO.

kcajblue
February 28th, 2008, 04:26
ahh, i see what you mean.

i hate it when you cant find a game you really want.

DarthPaul
February 28th, 2008, 10:02
Yeah, those are the games I was going to say; Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. You better get them both... I'm not telling you why(spoilers), but you better do...

Accordion
February 28th, 2008, 11:41
i would suggest playing ICO first

While SotC is definitely set before the events of ICO, there are references in SotC that rely on knowledge of ICO.

Dont pay too much.

Napalm-Death
February 28th, 2008, 20:57
I'll try not to, I'll most likely use Craig's list to get it, so I can get it at a good price. Thanks.

gdf
February 28th, 2008, 23:17
I'd also reccomend playing Ico first, it's sort of got to be that way.

Napalm-Death
February 28th, 2008, 23:19
I'd also reccomend playing Ico first, it's sort of got to be that way.

lol I'm going to!

Napalm-Death
March 4th, 2008, 18:49
Just wanted to update you guys... I found ICO at GameStop for $19.99, so I have it sitting in front of me now. ^_^

Accordion
March 4th, 2008, 18:57
deal!

dont just look at it, play it.

Napalm-Death
March 4th, 2008, 19:35
I would love to play it but I have to leave soon, so I decided that I'd start playing it when I get back. *cries*