PDA

View Full Version : [RELEASE]Go! Messenger!

gamefreak199101
February 29th, 2008, 10:56
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6299/gomessengerreleasecs1.png

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6677/screenshot003no6.png

PSP owners warm up your handhelds as the online PSP messenging service powered by BT has been released and is available for download via the Go! Messenger icon on your XMB. Make free video calls, voice chats, or text chat with your friends using your PSP and if they don't own a PSP, then call them on their PC. That's right you may also make free calls to PC's by downloading some software for free, called 'BT Softphone 2' which can be found on the Go!Messenger site (http://gomessenger.bt.com/static/pages/gmp/pc/whatisit.html).

This service is available to both Phat and Slim users and will only work on European PSPs. Have Custom Firmware??; then simply follow this easy guide by zainil.

You may also sign up on your PC here (https://gomessenger.bt.com/gmp/login.do?action=registration), and if you enter your email, then you'll have to wait for two confirmation emails. Remember thats two, once you receive the second one then you're good to go and can login on your PSP.

NOTE: You need a theme with the GO! Messenger icon installed on it. Some custom themes do not have this icon.

via:Go! Messenger (http://gomessenger.bt.com/static/pages/gmp/pc/home.html#)

Nikolaos
February 29th, 2008, 16:13
This is cool if you live in Europe or have M33, but the servers are really really slow since it came out this morning, I have been trying to create an account for hours... if anyone is successful please kindly make me one with my name 'Nikolaos' before it is taken! :(

And btw, the girl they have on their pages... she is damn ugly and looks like a man rofl...

edit: Damn it is taken!

mcdougall57
February 29th, 2008, 16:38
i really cant see this being used unfortunately

techgt
February 29th, 2008, 16:47
This is cool if you live in Europe or have M33, but the servers are really really slow since it came out this morning, I have been trying to create an account for hours... if anyone is successful please kindly make me one with my name 'Nikolaos' before it is taken! :(

And btw, the girl they have on their pages... she is damn ugly and looks like a man rofl...

edit: Damn it is taken!

I am successful :thumbup: in making mine account ..

Mister Klownes
February 29th, 2008, 17:06
Why didn't they ever release the camera in the states? It makes no sense to me. I'd love to have one, but I'm not really up for importing it.

Anonymous D
February 29th, 2008, 17:17
this seems of limited use to me, it doesnt support anything but the go messenger protocol, unless im missing something.

techgt
February 29th, 2008, 17:17
Why didn't they ever release the camera in the states? It makes no sense to me. I'd love to have one, but I'm not really up for importing it.
I am not in the states , i am in jamaica, i know they r going to sale the gps in the states this year but not sure if they r planning to sell the camera this year or maybe next year ..

But i am planning on importing it , as thats my only option at the moment ...

I think u can check amazon .. here is a link to it .. they r selling it for more than its is selling for which is 49. . but its only from japan or the uk ..
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/002-5622039-4269634?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=psp+camera&x=0&y=0

cirus5555
February 29th, 2008, 19:04
well it dosent appear on my psp ive updated and im on 3.90 m33-2 no joy any help would be great

sunami88
February 29th, 2008, 19:46
well it dosent appear on my psp ive updated and im on 3.90 m33-2 no joy any help would be great

Boot into recovery mode, go to Configuration and change "Fake region" from Disabled (or whatever it is) to Europe. Then it should work just fine.

That said I had some problems signing up for an account, and I ended up going through a proxy to make the account (it kept saying I "Wasn't aloud"). I live in Canada.

So you'll get the icon no doubt, but if you have problems signing up then just hop through a proxy and do it that way. My guess is that they're just doing an IP check.

Hope this helps, and sorry for any bad grammar etc, I'm half asleep.

EDIT:
To clarify, go here (https://gomessenger.bt.com/gmp/login.do?action=registration) on your computer through a proxy to sign up, need be.

cirus5555
February 29th, 2008, 20:01
thank you thank you the man oh and by hte way thank you lol

omracer
February 29th, 2008, 20:54
This might be one of the dumbest official thing yet.
who knows it might get popular but then again migh have a life of 45 days or less. If it was a messenger thats suitable of all types of IM services then that completely different. If someone could edit the code of this & add support for the Leading IM services then that migh be useful.

BTW i nkow it off topic but i can't make a new thread since of admins lowering me fo adverting my forum (http://omcorp.freeforums.org) which i made 3 hours before putting it up here but anyway:
If you psp gets egged it won't brick but it does ask you for the time & date. Either that or i switiched my psp on & off way too quickly.

ICE
February 29th, 2008, 21:29
Is anyone outside of Europe having any luck signing up?

EDIT: Oh I got through. Persistence is the key :P
For anyone else who got through my username is shanesgc i think lol

sunami88
February 29th, 2008, 22:00
Is anyone outside of Europe having any luck signing up?

EDIT: Oh I got through. Persistence is the key :P
For anyone else who got through my username is shanesgc i think lol

I did. Proxy is thy friend :). (I live in Canada too by the way, in case you missed my post on the last page).

ICE
February 29th, 2008, 23:01
Im in tennessee and I didnt even use a proxy.. Someone go start a go messanger id thread.

djbrotherson
February 29th, 2008, 23:47
so has anybody in North America used go!messenger successfully?

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 00:05
I'm in North America and I registered successfully. But I have to wait for those registration e-mails though.

My username is Xulap. by the way.

djbrotherson
March 1st, 2008, 00:09
aw man, lucky

I was trying all last night but I guess Europe is like 6 hours ahead and mad ppl were registering their PSP's for go!messenger... makes sense

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 00:28
djbrotherson you can go here (http://gomessenger.bt.com/register) and try registering if you can't do it with the PSP. If not, you can send me a PM with your e-mail and your desired password and I can do it for you.

djbrotherson
March 1st, 2008, 00:30
Yea that would be all good except I did get to the part where it started downloading an eboot then a DRM but then it timed out and stopped working all together which was my first initial problem. Registering seems like a breeze but what was the eboot and DRM for? Can't I just throw it on my memstick somewhere?

EDIT

K I just registered, the name is.... Brothason !

kyyubidx
March 1st, 2008, 00:42
well... i am from portugal and i jst registered myself successfully on my pc... but i do not want to go up to 3.90 m33 yet... No POPS no CFW... i shall just wait fro CFW 4.00 xD

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 01:01
Kyuubidx you can download the Application and copy it to your GAME and APP folder under PSP, and it will run just fine, as any other application.

siulmagic
March 1st, 2008, 01:59
hmm im still wating for my secod email =/

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 02:07
I just received my 2nd e-mail like 5 minutes ago! It's really awesome! I can't wait to have the Go!Cam(it's supposed to arrive this week) and have a lot of contacts. It will be a lot of fun to use this when I'm bored in College.

Edit: Those bastards just said that the shipment got delayed, so I'll have to wait another 2 weeks. :mad: They'll ship the item on next Tuesday and then I'll have to wait a few days more until it arrives. :mad:

djbrotherson
March 1st, 2008, 02:12
Second email?

I registered on the page and received an email... all it said was "thank you for signing up blah blah blah here's your user/pass write it down blah blah blah keep it safe blah blah if u have any more questions blah blah blah"

What's the second email for?

(by the way I just used firefox to register and not my psp, ima do that when i get home)

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 02:53
I used Firefox as well. The first e-mail tells you your account summary and crap. But the second is to confirm your account, and when you receive that one is when you can actually log on to Go!Messenger. And there's no need to register using your PSP if you already did using a PC(Firefox), just wait for that e-mail. :)

The e-mail's title is:

More power to your PSP™ with Go!Messenger

ICE
March 1st, 2008, 03:08
Ok I added DarthXulap. Anyone else get his working?

kalo
March 1st, 2008, 03:12
hi

someone can send me a text message to

kauz

ICE
March 1st, 2008, 03:18
I want to test the camera..

kalo
March 1st, 2008, 03:32
this go!sucker only accepts video chats if both have cam - video message work well

sammiesosa#1
March 1st, 2008, 03:33
I'm from cali has anyone got it to work yet.

kalo
March 1st, 2008, 03:45
sound message is also working

you can even send messages back - uuhh

all without mic/cam

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 03:57
ICE I'm having problems here, sorry.

Sometimes I can't connect and have to restart the PSP, and sometimes it says "Loading/Saving data to Memory Sticks" and stays there. I don't know if it's my PSP or it's the program itself that's buggy...

ICE
March 1st, 2008, 03:58
Hmm. It says you're still online :P I sent you a video message.

EDIT: Oh and when I added you I added xulap as the nickname and thats it.

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 04:00
I just logged back on and it's asking me to download the messages... yes... Download, wtf?

ICE
March 1st, 2008, 06:37
why arent more people excited about this? its better than skype on psp imo.

No_one_in_particular
March 1st, 2008, 06:46
I can't really see how ? Skype lets you phone landlines, and any thing with Skype, correct ? I gotta say, this Go!Messenger isn't all that useful unless you hang around with a group of PSP fanatics.

Dbgtgoten
March 1st, 2008, 06:46
Probably because it seems pointless since its only Go!messenger plus it looks like a slow keyboard typing personally i'd stick with AFKIM 2:thumbup: has all my favorite im services and faster way of typing just no video or sound even tho it might have been doable just by picking apart Go!messenger i thinks:cool:

watupgroupie
March 1st, 2008, 07:16
Just got the second email and logged on. Looks pretty cool. Havn't had any bugs so far. Sucks how you can't send text messages but there's text rooms. I added kauz, ICE and DarthPaul to test this but no one is on. It would be cool if they added some big name IM services.

ICE
March 1st, 2008, 07:20
you can call land lines on skype for a fee. this does everything psp skype does but better really. iming will always be slow on psp but video chat is sweet plus voice chat just like on skype. also skype makes you pay to have voice mail too and this doesn't.

watupgroupie
March 1st, 2008, 07:41
I talked to ICE on this. It worked really well. I noticed it saves the videos to your memory card so you don't have any video stutter. Pretty neat.

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 07:54
Gahh!! I'm having a lot of problems with my order.

Anyone know a good place where to order a Go!Cam? I want it cheap, and a reliable place. :D Seriously, it's pi$$ing me off. I tried eBay, but after a looong time, the guys contacted me saying that they don't have any left and I have to wait until next Tuesday and then they'll send it. Play-Asia doesn't have any left, Success HK have them, but wow... I'm not paying $70 + shipping/handling for that. And a lot of sites don't have them in-stock. :(

watupgroupie
March 1st, 2008, 08:03
Wow that sucks dude. I'm not sure i want one that bad. I got a sony mic but i need the remote for it but i'll get it eventually.
Hopefully you'll have more luck than me when ordering stuff online.

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 08:27
I just ordered another one. O.o

Yeah, the other order is in process... now I have 2 orders... lol, anyways the other guys said that if I was not willing to wait that time they could refund my money back, so that's what I'll do. I just ordered and paid the other one, and I'll receive it from 4-9 days. (it'll be ship this monday though, 'cause they have to process the order) But still, it's less time than the other one and for a better price and better seller. :thumbup:

Looking forward to chat with you all here!

Thomly
March 1st, 2008, 08:32
Hey guys, i registered some 11 hours ago, but i still haven't got the second confirmation email... Anyone knows what i can do? i live in europe btw

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 08:42
Thomly, it clearly says that you have to wait up to 48 hours for that e-mail...

Hope that helps.

Thomly
March 1st, 2008, 08:48
k, thanks DarthPaul, i'll ad you to my Go!Messenger as soon as i get it to work :p

No_one_in_particular
March 1st, 2008, 08:51
you can call land lines on skype for a fee. this does everything psp skype does but better really. iming will always be slow on psp but video chat is sweet plus voice chat just like on skype. also skype makes you pay to have voice mail too and this doesn't.
This won't be free for long. They've already stated they plan to make this a paid subscription, it's just a matter of time. Besides, surely it doesn't do everything that Skype does ? It communicates with other Go!Messenger (PSP) users, that's it. Skype lets you contact landlines, and other Skype users, whether they're on a PC, a PSP, or whatever.

DarthPaul
March 1st, 2008, 08:59
k, thanks DarthPaul, i'll ad you to my Go!Messenger as soon as i get it to work :p

No problems, man. Looking forward to chat with you as well. :)

This won't be free for long. They've already stated they plan to make this a pay subscription, it's just a matter of time. Besides, surely it doesn't do everything that Skype does ? It communicates with other Go!Messenger users, that's it.

Man, ICE has a point, you do have one too.

From my point of view, they're both awesome. Skype has it's advantages, as:

- Phone calls

And Go!Messenger has it's avandatages, as:

- Fully free(for now)
- Video and text chat
- Ability to hold messages when you're offline

Skype lets you contact landlines, and other Skype users, whether they're on a PC or a PSP, with Go!Messenger they have to own a PSP.

There's a Go!Messenger(BT) client for PC which you can use to communicate with PSP users.

Edit: Here's the link for the PC Client. CLICK HERE (http://www2.bt.com/static/fvc/NC_install.exe)

djbrotherson
March 1st, 2008, 10:00
what region do you guys have yours set to?

mine just loads but its just a black screen

gamefreak199101
March 1st, 2008, 10:16
what region do you guys have yours set to?

mine just loads but its just a black screen

your region has to be set at Europe

No_one_in_particular
March 1st, 2008, 10:16
There's a Go!Messenger(BT) client for PC which you can use to communicate with PSP users.

Edit: Here's the link for the PC Client. CLICK HERE (http://www2.bt.com/static/fvc/NC_install.exe)
Cheers for that, didn't realise there was a PC client. But in a way my ignorance to that kind of goes along with my point. I mean, I know ****-loads of people who have Skype, but literally no PC users who'll have Go!Messenger. If it did become popular, then that'd be great, but until then I can either try and convince the people I know to install yet another strange unwelcome program on their PC, so I (and me only) will be able to talk to them using my PSP, or I can simply sign on to MSN or pick up the phone. I dunno, it just doesn't have as much use for me personally as Skype would...

unholy3000
March 1st, 2008, 13:00
I am successful :thumbup: in making mine account ..

Me too!! its awesome!!!!! im buyin mic soon and its gonna be even more sikkkkk!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

techgt
March 1st, 2008, 16:54
Kool u got to register ...

Bastion
March 1st, 2008, 17:21
I can't get signed in on my PSP. I can sign in on the PC so I know that I have registered correctly. Anyone else getting an error when signing in?

techgt
March 1st, 2008, 18:02
I sign last night , on the psp , its works great , didn't get any error ..
What error r u getting , what is it saying ???

ICE
March 1st, 2008, 18:19
One thing people. You need your region to be on europe to download it and get set up but after that you dont need it. Just move the thing to your game folder and put your region back to default or do what I did and get that xmb loader and point remote play or some other unused icon to the location it installed go! messenger at.

djbrotherson
March 1st, 2008, 19:16
Dammit, i keep getting a back screen... whyyyy

ICE
March 1st, 2008, 22:07
Did you start it up with the fake region?

djbrotherson
March 2nd, 2008, 02:01
i found the problem, it was one of my GAME plugins

techgt
March 2nd, 2008, 18:15
My go messenger nickname is mx3ja ... anyone have the gocam , want to test it out on go messenger ...

unholy3000
March 2nd, 2008, 18:45
I got Go!messenger to work on friday when it first came out...I live canada. It's pretty cool i getting the mic soon^^ gana be wicked.

If you have any infrastucture games and also have go messenger let me kno im adding everyone who has online games and go!messenger.

Question: Im using the organ xmb theme thingy and theres no go messenger icon so i have go messenger in APP folder but then i also have another copy of gomessenger in my game folder..and if i delete the APP folder gomessenger dosent work so i need both of the copies of gomessenger for it to work and that takes up space any way i can get rid of the other copy?

djbrotherson
March 3rd, 2008, 15:41
Someone, anyone add me and send me a video please!

unholy3000
March 4th, 2008, 03:01
yoo add my go messenger accounts
unholy3000 and danielm18

unholy3000
March 4th, 2008, 12:58
Hmm. It says you're still online :P I sent you a video message.

EDIT: Oh and when I added you I added xulap as the nickname and thats it.

Omg u have the go cam ... plz accept invite n message me a video!

djbrotherson
March 4th, 2008, 13:14
Hey send me a video message plz! :D

ouijaouija
March 5th, 2008, 21:23
i got this downlaoded dunno how to use it at all this sucks! i got no gocam either

jxx2005
March 7th, 2008, 05:53
i'm on 3.90 M33-2
and i dont have the "go messenger" icon
i have no theme installed

derekd
March 7th, 2008, 07:01
i'm on 3.90 M33-2
and i dont have the "go messenger" icon
i have no theme installed

Got Region Set to Europe ???

Derek

kena
March 7th, 2008, 15:05
add me on go!messenger:
forgotten_me
xxx

danielm18
March 7th, 2008, 16:48
evry1 add me on go messenger!!!!!!!!!!!! Nickname: danielm18

danielm18
March 7th, 2008, 16:49
jxx2005 yu gotta go to recover mode>configuration>Fake region then put it to europe and it shud work reply me bak or send me a message sayin if it worked or not

acn010
March 7th, 2008, 17:35
no go for me >XP

DarthPaul
March 9th, 2008, 00:27
I got the Go!Cam now. :D

No_one_in_particular
March 9th, 2008, 01:09
^I'm still waiting for mine to be delivered.

darknight88
March 9th, 2008, 20:27
To make this work on non Europe region simply DL when you are in EU region then go back to your own region(i put default:USA) and copy the folder from your PSP/APP folder into your PSP/GAME folder. You need to have both copied inorder for it to work on non Europe regions.

My ID is : Cruzader
Plz add me :)

I got Go!cam and IM me when you want :)