PDA

View Full Version : Homemister's IDstoreage Keys for PSP Slim Fix And Run Homebrew again

wraggster
February 29th, 2008, 16:36
New from Homemister:

This Idstore will enable homebrew applacations on psp slim if the
original Idstoreage was corrupt, and enable the psp slim to boot.

*****USE AT YOUR OWN RISK I TAKE NOT RESPONSIBILTY FOR YOUR ACTIONS*******

I have tested on several psp slims.All worked.
I have not tested on psp Phats. Please if you test on a Phat
send back info to the Qj forums.

Install
Have a Pandors battery and MS
install despertar cementerio4
install nandTool 0.3 beta1 (use the noUSB one)
install pandora elf menu 02a
get all from QJ
copy over the folder Nand tools to root of MS

then boot pandora and select the nadn tools no usb

go to others

go to write Idstore

select Homemisters Idstore
and press triangle

exit and quit

then restart

then boot up psp

Bugs.
--UMD will not work , you will get a Disk can not be read
--Wireless will not work you will get an internal error has occurred.

Regards
Homemister.
thx to Rednut and Roger for the testing.

Download and Give Feedback Via Commments
via homemister (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-homemisters-idstoreage-keys-for-psp-slim-fix-and-run-homebrew-again-135988.html)

Mr. Shizzy
March 1st, 2008, 17:11

Bugs.

No thanks. This sounds like it would do more harm than good...

Just use Chilly Willy's Key Cleaner guys...

Ultima Chocochu
March 2nd, 2008, 23:39
Althought the idea is nice, I don't think I'd use this if I had a SLIM, sounds like it could screw it up completely
Not sure if it would, but yeah lol.

magichuddz
March 6th, 2008, 21:00

this is for people who have messed up their nand the idstorage part and there psp is renderd useless aka umds dnt wrk or homebrew or the wifi this some1 elses idstorage keys wud restore some function to the psp lyk homebrew and iso loading but not the umd or wifi but u can use macfixer to restore the wifi

Cloudhunter
March 6th, 2008, 21:03
This is very dangerous. This shouldn't be allowed.

Key Cleaner should be able to do it soon - flashing someone elses idstorage is retarded.

Cloudy

magichuddz
March 6th, 2008, 21:05
also posting idstorage keys is illegal the programs used also wrk 4 da phat psps but onli if u have the idstorage keys frm another phat psp

magichuddz
March 6th, 2008, 21:14
flashing someone elses idstorage is retarded.

Cloudy
flashing some1 elses idstorage is retarded but flashing some1 elses idstorage keys
isnt if you've got a corrupt idstorage and dont have a nand backup its better 2 have a semi fuctioning psp than a non functioning one lol

leonsceco
March 26th, 2008, 14:27
it seems people do not think after reading. because alot of the comments here are so useless, that if I were a moderator, i'd just delete them to keep things into perspective.
=========================================
FACT:
The main reason for this guide and download is to HELP people with a NON WORKING PSP SLIM/LITE.

END OF STORY

I bought a PSP that has this problem and this is the ONLY way I see that can actually restore SOME functionality back to the psp.

=========================
For the idiots that don't read
No one cares if you "Think" this is "DANGEROUS" or "Should not be allowed". You are just inconsiderate because you are not in the position a good bunch of people face with a messed up nand/idstorage and possibly not even a pandora's battery to help along the way.

Hope all read this, including the admins.

Peace out
kiking

Anthogno
March 29th, 2008, 13:01
But will i be able to run KeyCleaner if my ID storage is messed up? Wont it give Wrong Region Error?

If i have a keydump from ta-085 , will it still work on ta-085-2 (psp slim 2004)

Cloudhunter
March 29th, 2008, 13:24
it seems people do not think after reading. because alot of the comments here are so useless, that if I were a moderator, i'd just delete them to keep things into perspective.
FACT:
The main reason for this guide and download is to HELP people with a NON WORKING PSP SLIM/LITE.

END OF STORY

I bought a PSP that has this problem and this is the ONLY way I see that can actually restore SOME functionality back to the psp.

No one cares if you "Think" this is "DANGEROUS" or "Should not be allowed". You are just inconsiderate because you are not in the position a good bunch of people face with a messed up nand/idstorage and possibly not even a pandora's battery to help along the way.

Peace out
kiking

Flashing the keys is just as dangerous as the entire idstorage, thank you. If you have a non-working PSP, you might just screw your chance of having a working one when something comes to fix these problems.

Cloudy

Nocuddle
March 29th, 2008, 13:31
Slim's ID can get screwed? How? I like to know. :P

Anthogno
March 30th, 2008, 21:28
I corrupted my slims id storage after restoring NAND from an other PSP. Ive learned that i should not do that, after ive red the very long readme of the Pandora creator (last sentece of a huge readme, they should inform better, make it more visible).

Anyway, i am planning to restore the 3.71 firmware and send it back to sony. It shouldnt be a problem, should it?

miguelcobain
April 6th, 2008, 17:35
I've also thought that.
Will it work?

Will there be any way we can't restore our PSP with full functionality?

whoisboss84
April 8th, 2008, 15:54
this thingh actually works, i tested it on my friends psp slim, the fool actually tried to flash some themes on 3.71m33 and damaged the idstorage area, after that we tried DC V3 but it hanged at formating flash0.
actually the partition of idstorage area was destroyed, the fool didnt even have the nand backup:eek:, i managed to run timemachine on it but with corrupted idstorage it gave umd disk, region & wlan errors:(.
than i tried this after repartitioning the flash area with cory1492's nandtool & installing nand of other slim:rolleyes: and woila his psp slim was able to run isos & homebrew again:D, but the umd & wlan errors are still there.
i know Homemister will try to solve even those disc wlan errors.

NateTheGreat555
May 9th, 2008, 01:22
this thingh actually works, i tested it on my friends psp slim, the fool actually tried to flash some themes on 3.71m33 and damaged the idstorage area, after that we tried DC V3 but it hanged at formating flash0.
actually the partition of idstorage area was destroyed, the fool didnt even have the nand backup:eek:, i managed to run timemachine on it but with corrupted idstorage it gave umd disk, region & wlan errors:(.
than i tried this after repartitioning the flash area with cory1492's nandtool & installing nand of other slim:rolleyes: and woila his psp slim was able to run isos & homebrew again:D, but the umd & wlan errors are still there.
i know Homemister will try to solve even those disc wlan errors.

Wait a sec...
your friend has a PSP slim and you restored someone elses NAND to it?

AND IT STILL WORKS?!?!?!

You've gotta tell me about that!
(if that's what you said anyway...)
I totally wrecked my NAND and IDStorage...i'll try this to see if it helps but PM me about this and maybe you'll be able to help me out!

whoisboss84
May 12th, 2008, 09:44
Wait a sec...
your friend has a PSP slim and you restored someone elses NAND to it?

AND IT STILL WORKS?!?!?!

You've gotta tell me about that!
(if that's what you said anyway...)
I totally wrecked my NAND and IDStorage...i'll try this to see if it helps but PM me about this and maybe you'll be able to help me out!
before doin anythingh plz backup ur nand even though its messed up.
if ur idstorage is destroyed than just restore these idstorage and install 3.71m33 with DCv3, if ur flash partition is messed than use cory's tool (included in package) to repartition the flash & do fresh install of firmware with DCv3, if both partion & idstorage is messed than do both the processes mentioned above, all instructions are provided in the readme.
also do note that u dont need nand of other slim just like me cause it wasnt necessary.
repartion the flash first than install these idstorage keys & than firmware with DCv3.
hope that helps u.

kryst abegnalie
May 12th, 2008, 11:40
its always the problem when someone was not reading the readme files that came along with the pandora installer, so you always get to make the wrong procedure in unbricking your psp, etc,
to sum up the main reasons why you have errors in wlan, umd, etc..

-you didnt read the readme when you try to downgrade upgrade or use applications related to idstorages, nand, etc

-do not have a back-up of nand for your own psp

-always use keycleaner if you know that you have some corrupt keys caused by old downgraders, etc

whoisboss84
May 12th, 2008, 13:42
its always the problem when someone was not reading the readme files that came along with the pandora installer, so you always get to make the wrong procedure in unbricking your psp, etc,
to sum up the main reasons why you have errors in wlan, umd, etc..

-you didnt read the readme when you try to downgrade upgrade or use applications related to idstorages, nand, etc

-do not have a back-up of nand for your own psp

-always use keycleaner if you know that you have some corrupt keys caused by old downgraders, etc
even u r littlebit wrong here, 1) Key cleaner cannot fix the corrupt idstorage of psp slim,
2)many people here bricked their idstorage not due to pandora but due to that bug in 3.71m33 in which when u write somethingh in flash0 through usb ur idstorage or flash partition gets corrupt.
hope that clearifies somethingh.:thumbup:

NateTheGreat555
May 12th, 2008, 20:20
aha, thanks for that whoisboss84.
I've got nutin tonight, i think i'll try this thing out...

even though i flashed someone elses nand to my psp (:rolleyes: didn't know anything at the time of the psp installs, my bad...) , i'll try it...

but i believe Time Machine is the only thing this thing's good for anymore until i find a decent receipt...

ps-does anyone know how to edit the idstorage to be allowed to play ps1 eboots?

I have eboots made that I was previously using when my psp was normal but now when I try to play with them i just get an 80000004 error...assuming that has to do with the keys...

any fix for now?

cars23
May 18th, 2008, 04:01
thatstrue

CaioSAC
June 19th, 2008, 23:25
New from Homemister:

This Idstore will enable homebrew applacations on psp slim if the
original Idstoreage was corrupt, and enable the psp slim to boot.

I have tested on several psp slims.All worked.
I have not tested on psp Phats. Please if you test on a Phat
send back info to the Qj forums.

Install
Have a Pandors battery and MS
install despertar cementerio4
install nandTool 0.3 beta1 (use the noUSB one)
install pandora elf menu 02a
get all from QJ
copy over the folder Nand tools to root of MS

then boot pandora and select the nadn tools no usb

go to others

go to write Idstore

select Homemisters Idstore
and press triangle

exit and quit

then restart

then boot up psp

Bugs.

Regards
Homemister.
thx to Rednut and Roger for the testing.

Download and Give Feedback Via Commments
via homemister (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-homemisters-idstoreage-keys-for-psp-slim-fix-and-run-homebrew-again-135988.html)

ok so i got it working iso/cso but no umd... i saw on keycleaner that it as been turn to a ta-79 1003...
so if i'm in europe it was supposed to be a 1004 at least... the correct was 2004 is that why umd doesn't work?
i forggot the most important thing
THANKS A LOT FOR THIS TOPIC!

karothacker
June 21st, 2008, 21:07

Key Cleaner and IdStorage Manager Will NOT Work for problem such as
-No Homebrew
-No Wifi
-No UMD
-No Booting
-Others

This is a Great Idea, but it is ONLY great for those who have the problems above (Except for UMD and Wifi).

FACT:

END OF STORY

Peace out
kiking

You are completely right.

Flashing the keys is just as dangerous as the entire idstorage, thank you. If you have a non-working PSP, you might just screw your chance of having a working one when something comes to fix these problems.

Cloudy

If you have a Non-Working PSP Slim and use this you will get everything except UMD and Wifi Back.

Another words you will get a partly-functioning PSP until you replace your Motherboard (Which is the only way to fix the UMD problem).

jimger
July 2nd, 2009, 23:39
Has anyone managed to fix his slim?

jimger
July 2nd, 2009, 23:52
I have upms(Ultra pandora memory stick) and I put the nand tool into elf folder.I restored the keys you uploaded but nothing happened...Do you have any other idea?

JLF65
July 3rd, 2009, 16:13
When all else fails, use the key fixer that's in DCv8.

NateTheGreat555
July 3rd, 2009, 16:49
When all else fails, use the key fixer that's in DCv8.

Truth, you beat me to it.
Once the release of DdC7 came out, my PSP was back to normal in a flash.

(Didn't know this thread was still being updated...way to go DCEmu...:rolleyes: jk)

But yeah, frankly, I'd just skip over the KeyCleaner if you had a problem like I did and just go for the DdC approach. That option always works the best and is definitely the fastest for fixing everything at once.

It's like having a brand new PSP in the end!

jimger
July 3rd, 2009, 18:23
Actually if you are telling me to fix it with id manager that comes with dc v8 it was the first I tried and did nothing...I can't understand why now the key clener shows me that all my keys are false.I try to fix them but no result

JLF65
July 4th, 2009, 03:59
Key Cleaner only works on the Slim from the XMB, not from Pandora because the ID storage is encrypted at that level.