PDA

View Full Version : White PS3s headed to US in March?

Shrygue
February 29th, 2008, 18:45
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=183690)

Western gamers might soon have a choice of colours of the PS3, as reports suggest White PS3s are being shipped to US retailers to go on sale next month.

Circuit City employees reported receiving new shipments of PS3, supposedly replacing the Spider-Man 3 bundle, sporting the model number CECHH01.

This, as Kotaku points out, is the serial number for White PS3s, recognisable from previous filings to the Federal Communications Commission in US for the white console.

If indeed true, it's speculated that these consoles will go on sale in March, although Sony has yet to officially confirm anything.

As expected, Sony UK has told CVG it has "no plans to release the White PS3 in the UK at this time."

DPyro
February 29th, 2008, 20:54
Even though I'm not from the UK, I seriously think that the head of SCEE needs to be fired because of the lack of content Brits end up getting.

Shrygue
February 29th, 2008, 22:34
That's very true, we get put at the back of the line for anything that comes out elsewhere virtually all the time (if not literally). I mean, for one thing, there's barely anything to get on the Playstation Store.

Triv1um
February 29th, 2008, 22:49
I really like the white PS3's.

I would actually sell my 60gb for one of those.

Eviltaco64
February 29th, 2008, 22:56
White PS3s look like they would get dirty fast

Shrygue
February 29th, 2008, 23:39
If it it's like the 60GB model (with PS2 backward compatibility, 4 USB ports, card readers, built in wi-fi and chrome trim on the front), I wouldn't mind getting one. At least finger prints would be slightly harder to spot, in my opinion 9could be wrong). In any case, it's a fine colour.

VexnadFett
March 1st, 2008, 00:13
i honestly feel bad for my uk brethren.... just get us accounts i guess... i'm sorry for all of your losses?