PDA

View Full Version : Free Dreamkey V3.0 Sent From Sega

ptr.exe
August 18th, 2005, 11:40
Just for anyone interested in getting their DC online for the various homebrew serveravailable, i emailed Sega and they sent me a free DreamKey CD within two days, i'm posting this via my Dreamcast, the resolution is awful and this browser sucks, but strangely the it's faster than my PC, which is odd? :P

If you want a Dreamkey go to Sega.co.uk, and use the contact link.

Eric
August 18th, 2005, 14:57
I was wondering if any of my Canadian, American friends have tried this. I did just give a email to Sega of America to see if they offer something. Cant guarantee they will give me a answer or if they do offers like that for us because it seems like Sega of America has less care about the Dreamcast then Europe and Asia do.

Eric

Darksaviour69
August 18th, 2005, 19:18
i heard that sega of europe have posted to the US, but that might not be the case anymore

soldierblade2k5
August 18th, 2005, 19:36
Several of us in the DC web browser community that are in the US have tried this and never recieved a response or a disc. I think it only applies to residents within Europe. I'm surprised Sega UK is still sending DK 3.0 discs out, but I've known for quite some time that in Spain, they can still readily get a DK 3.1 (Espanol only).

As for us Americans, Sega US wont even send us Planetweb discs anymore. Anyone in the world can download and burn a copy of XDP though. :)

http://www.psilocybindreams.com

Customized Dream Passport 3.15 and Planetweb 2.62 all in one disc, with extra toys.

xuphorz
August 18th, 2005, 22:35
is the dreamkey free?

Shiaoran
August 19th, 2005, 00:25
the browser is now free?
it doesn't need a provider anymore? (or is the free dreamkey the provider?)

ptr.exe
August 20th, 2005, 12:40
Obviously you need a ISP but the actual Dreamkey disc is free, as it always has been, i was just surprised that they would still send them out.

Zherae
August 20th, 2005, 16:08
Yeah I got my DK3 ages ago all free including post and disk.

Mental2k
August 20th, 2005, 19:58
do they give any other free stuf away?

wraggster
August 20th, 2005, 21:13
this could actualy be posted as news while its still going off

ptr.exe
August 22nd, 2005, 09:25
this could actualy be posted as news while its still going off
It's not an offer, it probably won't end until they get rid of stock. Most companies will send you stuff if you write a polite email. They've been sending these for years.

Eric
August 22nd, 2005, 14:21
I actually got a reply from Sega about the Americans trouble with the webrowser. What it got was the arent supplying that deal only the Euro's are said by another person in this topic. They just told me to find off ebay or something else. So that answers our question about the americans. But if its true that Europe is talking to America about giving away a free webrowser its a possibility but its like a very slim chance as Sega of America really doesnt do much with Dreamcast anymore they care morely about there bigger hits on the newer systems.

Eric

bender
August 29th, 2005, 06:38
I have 2 copies of the dreamkey v3.1 (PAL). I got it also free from my internet provider 2 years ago :) There's many people in Spain that also have this version instead of that v3.0 (it was free from that provider ;-). I guess the differences are minimal .

Dreamkey v3.1 was delivered from Terra here: http://dreamcast.terra.es/ . I don't know if they deliver out of Spain or if they still have copies. It's free. Edit: Actually the link re-directs here: http://www.playsega.com/dk3/index.jsp , wich I guess it's a Sega link ;-)

Also from Sega Europe (v3.1 too) but I don't have the link. Perhaps is the one I'm posting? lol

Nathan Friend
December 15th, 2005, 21:37
I'd really would like to get a Dreamkey 3 CD. I've e-mailed Sega Europe & Sega US. Sega US replied and said I need to contact Sega Europe giving me details.

Sega europe are yet to reply.

I've filled in the request form on the Sega website several times in the last year, but no CD.

Anyone got any ideas? An iso would be fine too...

Eric
December 17th, 2005, 14:16
Cuz there might shipping costs they probably wont ship out a free disk that would be a good couple of hundred bucks for them to waste a free disk to the US.

Christuserloeser
December 18th, 2005, 08:55
My new free Dream Key came a few weeks ago :)