PDA

View Full Version : Snes9x v0.02y32 Has Been Released

parabolee
August 18th, 2005, 14:34
Apparently just some minor fixes!

Seems pointless with the TYL version out now. Seems that the rumour heard about him helping with TYL was BS :(

Shame.

ganon
August 18th, 2005, 16:16
y is gonna be in the updated verison of tyl i think i read here somewhere

ataribob
August 18th, 2005, 16:50
Snes9x v0.02y31
I have not stopped using.
It does not freeze up . If you try to exit using the PSP exit
Better Game genie and Gs codes.
A lot smoother and no nagging loader screen

Valiant
August 18th, 2005, 16:55
any improvements regarding speed? (still waiting...Kirby <3)

Blah it is odd, would have thought Y was working on tyl. oh well, although I am appreciative of the efforts of this emu, I am waiting to see how the tyl next release (blah wish it would come sooner...since it has been reviewed a few days ago), sorry if this sort of diminishes this release.

SmashinGit
August 18th, 2005, 17:03
Here's the download. Also "Y" Snes9x and "Y" on TYL are 2 different people.

parabolee
August 18th, 2005, 17:04
I know Y's emu was awesome and I still have it on my PSP, but TYL is SO much faster I never use it.
'
I hope to see the teo combined.

parabolee
August 18th, 2005, 17:06
Here's the download. Also "Y" Snes9x and "Y" on TYL are 2 different people.

Yes we know that, but I heard Y from the Y emu was going to combine efforts with Yoyofr and friends.

RabidPuppi
August 18th, 2005, 18:15
yeah, i dont even have 9x on my psp anymore. it just seemed so meaningless after tyl. it would rawk if they joined forces... but either way i think well have full speed snes (for most games) by the end of the year

ganon
August 19th, 2005, 00:35
definately!

I hope...............

Paulmolive
August 19th, 2005, 04:25
Where was it reviewed?

3elevenX
August 19th, 2005, 10:51
I personally feel the TYL version is slower, in alot of the games I play. But at the same time there are a few that are faster on TYL. Sucks I have to keep both on my mem stick, but thats the way it goes till either Y's gets faster or TYL's gets better/stable.

For example on TYL's MKII is slow at menus but ok in game. On Y's its slow all around.
But on Contra III TYL is slower then hell while Y's is fast.

ataribob
August 19th, 2005, 14:15
Secret of Manna 3 (translated ) Is must faster on uno's.

Most Rpg's are for some reason.
I have 2 Psps (me-Wife) to test

Valiant
August 19th, 2005, 15:31
Au Contrare, seems to me that A LOT more rpgs are faster on TYL's work. I tested a few roms...and I could say...setting at Automatic Frame skip...
-Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 4,5, Illusion of Gaia, Harvest Moon, Seiken Denetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 3), Shin Megumi Tensei 2, even Star Ocean 1, works VERY well mind you. The rpgs that dont seem to work well at all at the moment is...
-Final Fantasy 6 (slow...34-40 FPMS...even at Automatic Frame skip)
Ogre Battle (not really rpg, but still 45-55 with sound...61 without sound)
Super mario RPG (a little slower than FF 6)
and (though not rpgs)...the Kirby Games are INCREDIBLY slow...but that is the same for both emus...

Hence my conclusion is that TYL is either equivalent or even better than this certain emu. But that is for me

Cap'n 1time
August 19th, 2005, 18:38
I personally feel the TYL version is slower, in alot of the games I play. But at the same time there are a few that are faster on TYL. Sucks I have to keep both on my mem stick, but thats the way it goes till either Y's gets faster or TYL's gets better/stable.

For example on TYL's MKII is slow at menus but ok in game. On Y's its slow all around.
But on Contra III TYL is slower then hell while Y's is fast.

TYL is very picky with its configurations.. youll find that often in Y's releases that the same configurations work almost universally, while in TYL you are changing the settings in almost every game.

Y's is certainly more stable than TYL, so like you said, I reccomend you keep both on the same memory stick. You can use the same ROM folder for both emulators so there is no worrying about taking up too much space on the MS.

Someone mentioned that Y and yoyofr are going to work together on the snes emulator, if thats true, thats great news! We might see the awsome features and stability of Y's, plus the incredible speed of yoyo's emulator combined.

Sadly, few people are giving whoever did the first snes9x port credit for his work. keep in mind Y's is just a modification of the original. I think that guys name started with a B. Too many people think that Y did the first port.

THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT HIS WORK ISNT BRILLIANT! Y pretty much defined what features an emulator should have!

Now where yoyofr is concerned, he did his port and optimizations completely from scratch! :) . rock on yoyo!

parabolee
August 19th, 2005, 19:30
Sadly, few people are giving whoever did the first snes9x port credit for his work. keep in mind Y's is just a modification of the original. I think that guys name started with a B. Too many people think that Y did the first port.

THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT HIS WORK ISNT BRILLIANT! Y pretty much defined what features an emulator should have!

Now where yoyofr is concerned, he did his port and optimizations completely from scratch! :) . rock on yoyo!

And yoyofr gives credit to the guy who did the first port of Snes9X in the credits page at the start. I love both EMU's but TYL is for sure the better of the two. It just needs customs settings save and more stability.

B_man55
August 20th, 2005, 07:42
I personally think the old SNES9X emulator is alot better. So what if it isn't as speedy? At least it actually WORKS for me. :)