PDA

View Full Version : Customer Loses Xbox 360 Artwork During Repair

wraggster
March 1st, 2008, 19:58
The Consumerist is reporting that one unlucky individual had to send his Xbox 360 in for repairs. The catch is he had spent a great deal of time getting signatures and artwork on the outside of the console from notable members of the gaming industry. He specifically asked and even sent a letter along with his console requesting that the outside of the case be returned intact. When he got it back it was once again, plain white. Assuming that this is a genuine claim, regardless of the circumstances surrounding the missing/cleaned case Microsoft should at least apologize to the guy.

http://games.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/03/01/0044222

Elven6
March 1st, 2008, 20:11
Ouch! Poor guy, I hope he gets his stuff back, if not. Id feel id feel even worse for the guy since someone else will get his case.

Ewan
March 3rd, 2008, 13:42
I think there is a lesson there, somewhere.. to be honest. The guy had an irreplaceable piece of equipment. At some point he had to make the decision of sending it back for repair, or buying a new unit and dealing with the DRM issues. That or face the risk of loosing the artwork upon sending it out.

I've never been one to be big into modding a new piece of equipment, unless I know I'm voiding the warranty and that if it breaks I'm done.