PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a text reader?

shadowprophet
August 18th, 2005, 19:35
Ive tried them all, I really get into reading. And tying to find that perfect text reader Is hard somtimes.
Of all the homebrew text readers,CN reader has always been the best.
This is still true, The new Cn reader has mp3 playback. And almost perfect word wraping. I have to say, its allmost perfect, While the new psp reader is good, it still suffers from some word wraping issues, however, A perfect text reader does exisist, It can be found in the windws 95 install, (if you went through the trouble to do this with bochs ) The words are tiny so you will need somthing to maginify with, however its perfect, haveing no word wraping issues what so ever, But for the trouble one must endure with the windows notepad and such, I still prefer CN reader, over all others,

Thats just my take on current text readers, I figured I could save some people some time.
But hey dont take my word for it, go find out for yourself :p
Later peeps.

parabolee
August 18th, 2005, 20:12
PSP reader works fine for me. I could care less about some minor wrapping issue's because I ony use it for game guides and things.

But I would like to see a fix for the wrapping in the next release.

But I certainly wouldn't wait 10m mins booting Win95 to use a text reader!!!!!

migsgiz
August 18th, 2005, 20:53
Me Too I Use It For Game Guides (pspreader) ?what Word Wrapping?

parabolee
August 18th, 2005, 21:16
When a sentence goes further than the set up width it will drop to the next line, and once it has finished it will drop to a new line again. Doesn't effect anythin other than looking a little ugly sometimes, but it's still perfectly readable.

DDRLord
August 19th, 2005, 02:38
Has everyone completely forgotten about Pixie?
From my experience it had the nicest, sharpest, most readable text on the console.