PDA

View Full Version : Indiegamemusic.com Project Startup

wraggster
March 1st, 2008, 21:25
Spotted this over at gp32x.com and thought it would interest many of our coders from many homebrew scenes, heres the post from Mr Lou (http://www.gp32x.com/board/index.php?act=ST&f=59&t=40847)

Hello fellow game-developers

I'm writing you because I'm creating a site at www.indiegamemusic.com which I plan to become a link between indie game developers and musicians. This letter is an invitation to you as an indie game-developer, to participate in the design phase with your suggestions and ideas so that the site will end up being something you would like to use.

The idea
In short, I want to make it easy for the indie game-developers (you) to find good music for your games, free for freeware games and cheap for resale. A few steps I have in mind so far, is that you
* go to indiegamemusic.com
* click "Search", and input your search criteria
* listen to results and find contact information to the artist

Your search criterias may be
* a specific format (mmf, midi, mod, xm, s3m, mp3, ogg etc)
* a specific license (free for freeware? available for non-exclusive resale? available for exclusive resale?)
* max file size
* style
* category (music, sound-scape, sound-effect, loop part)
* max channels or polyphony
* max price
* maybe preferred bpm

So... That's the idea. What do you think? If this sounds like an interesting project to you, feel free to participate with ideas and feedback at [email protected]

Some of the things I'd like some feedback about is
* how should payment happen? Paypal? Bank-transfer? Game-developer contacting artist and agreeing their own method of payment?
* what stuff would you like to be able to search for? are there some of the above mentioned search criterias you don't need? why?
* what formats are you mostly interested in, and why?a
* and of course: do you think you'd use such a tool like IndieGameMusic.com?

Sincerely,
Roald Strauss
Mr.Lou / Dewfall Productions
www.dewfall.dk
www.lublu.dk

shango46
March 2nd, 2008, 04:36
I think this is a great idea! This will make it easy for homebrew developers to get awesome music into their projects. It will also make it a great way for indie devs to have their custom music used in a retail game. There are many possibilities this site will bring and I can't wait to see it.

leaphion
March 3rd, 2008, 20:23
Seems to me like a very good idea!

As a musician, I'm willing to participate to this, as it seems like a sweet opportunity.