PDA

View Full Version : Few easy CFW questions for the pros!

Soilmaster
March 1st, 2008, 23:30
Hi,

Im new to the psp CFWares and had a few general questions after searching I found it hard to get some answers:

1. What are the main important shortcuts for the m33 series? I was playing a umd game once and this menu popped up with five or six options like USB mode etc. Or is there a readme for this?

2. Some recomendcations for some good plugins : e.g. popsloader ( btw where do you get all those different files for the different os' like 3.70 etc.?)

3. Is it normal for the m33 systems to turn off auto at 17% battery? also when i restarted with a regular battery it went into this m33 menu.

4. What is the overall process with the pandoras battery thing, after I flash the custom firmware can I use the batt as normal in the cfws (because it was working like one directly after the first flash with Magic MS to 3.72)? I have another so should I forget about the pandoras batt?

5. When I first loaded a CFW it was using this guide:

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-guides/23428-guide-making-pandoras-battery-new-method.html

And theres some crap in the root folder like 150.pbp amongst other pbp files , can i delete these? Also what are the essentials which shouldnt be toucheD?

6. And finally im on 3.71-2 with no plugins or nothing, what would you guys recommend as a stable set up? 3.9-v2? My main use is to play psx and psp isos and watch movies in as many formats as possible?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated Thanks !!

hodgy47
March 2nd, 2008, 00:14
Hi,

Im new to the psp CFWares and had a few general questions after searching I found it hard to get some answers:

1. What are the main important shortcuts for the m33 series? I was playing a umd game once and this menu popped up with five or six options like USB mode etc. Or is there a readme for this?

2. Some recomendcations for some good plugins : e.g. popsloader ( btw where do you get all those different files for the different os' like 3.70 etc.?)

3. Is it normal for the m33 systems to turn off auto at 17% battery? also when i restarted with a regular battery it went into this m33 menu.

4. What is the overall process with the pandoras battery thing, after I flash the custom firmware can I use the batt as normal in the cfws (because it was working like one directly after the first flash with Magic MS to 3.72)? I have another so should I forget about the pandoras batt?

5. When I first loaded a CFW it was using this guide:

http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-hardware-guides/23428-guide-making-pandoras-battery-new-method.html

And theres some crap in the root folder like 150.pbp amongst other pbp files , can i delete these? Also what are the essentials which shouldnt be toucheD?

6. And finally im on 3.71-2 with no plugins or nothing, what would you guys recommend as a stable set up? 3.9-v2? My main use is to play psx and psp isos and watch movies in as many formats as possible?

Any help at all is greatly appreciated Thanks !!

1. its a basic menu for the more commonly used parts of the recovery to save you restarting your psp all the time.

2. Pm me your e-mail and i will send them, Just copy the seplugins folder to the root of your mem stick.

3. Not that im aware of what kind of menu exactly.

4. Yes you can convert your battery back to normal using the pandora battery creator.

5. Leave all the folders in place all the .pbp files can be deleted.

6. Leave everything as it is and just use the folder i send you to play your psx games.

Soilmaster
March 2nd, 2008, 15:14
The menu at low batt was this black screen with four or five options in white , a dos looking screen.

Also this is a list of things i THINK i need for upgrading to a stable system, wotcha think?

3.90 m33 base
3.90 v2 m33 upgrade
popsloader for the psx
patch for th 8gb card
?loader for psp iso? <---dunno about this one

Also Im of a decent technical literate level, just new to the scene so any explanations as to why certain setups are better are welcome, thanks