PDA

View Full Version : PSP-Maps 0.1

royale
March 3rd, 2008, 01:48
Here is a first beta version of the homebrew I am currently working on.
It allows you to browse Google Maps, and to switch between the map, satellite and terrain views.

http://royale.zerezo.com/psp/psp-maps.png

I know there is already another project for this, but it is using a different approach.
My program is not using the Google Map API and it is not a website.
Instead, the PSP is connecting directly to retrieve the images.

The homebrew for firmware 3.x is available here: http://royale.zerezo.com/psp/ .

I hope you will enjoy this little software :D

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

anteopimp
March 3rd, 2008, 03:04
sounds good, I'll try it right now

Art
March 3rd, 2008, 10:01
Smart approach I think ;)

kjetil1991
March 3rd, 2008, 13:13
going to try this out

djbrotherson
March 3rd, 2008, 15:29
This works well but has some bugs with the zoom function and the change map function - i like it better than the other google maps thing for the browser

hokk
March 3rd, 2008, 17:19
Totally BRILLIANT, haven't noticed any bugs!! :) Keep it up!

Just one thought, I personally thinks it jumps very far when you press the d-pad.. that's good for 'rough' tuning but it would be awesome to have something for the fine tuning as well.. maybe the analog stick could be used?

EDIT:
OK found one bug, when going from powersavingmode (screen had turned off but psp was on) and back the app froze (and beacuse the vhs is inactivated, there was no way out).

Dembonz
March 3rd, 2008, 18:13
:confused: This doesn't work for me on 3.90M33-2. Prog boots but won't connect, and then I can't do anything but shut the system off manually. At first it said something like "connect 1 of 4", then "connect 2 of 4" then freeze.
The homepage says a known bug is it only uses the first listed Wi-Fi connection, so I deleted all connections except the working one I want to use. Now I get "sceNetApctlConnect returns 80110601" everytime. Bummer.

royale
March 3rd, 2008, 18:31
The homepage says a known bug is it only uses the first listed Wi-Fi connection, so I deleted all connections except the working one I want to use. Now I get "sceNetApctlConnect returns 80110601" everytime. Bummer.

I had the same issue with another homebrew on my PSP.
You should delete all connections and recreate your default connection first.
This is because I use the conneciton number "1", and even if you delete the previous one, it won't change the ID number of the remaining connection.

royale
March 3rd, 2008, 18:36
Just one thought, I personally thinks it jumps very far when you press the d-pad.. that's good for 'rough' tuning but it would be awesome to have something for the fine tuning as well.. maybe the analog stick could be used?
Yes, that could be one of the improvements, even if I think it will be harder for me to code :-)
Currently, I use the 256x256 square pixel tiles provided by Google, this is why it jumps quite far when you move.

OK found one bug, when going from powersavingmode (screen had turned off but psp was on) and back the app froze (and beacuse the vhs is inactivated, there was no way out).
Yes, same problem here. I need to find out how to resume network and SDL.
I had the same issue with my previous homebrew but did not find how to fix it yet.

Dembonz
March 3rd, 2008, 18:41
Aha fixed. Much thanks royale! Cheers!

elefas
March 3rd, 2008, 22:13
Great prog!

Coolie4
March 4th, 2008, 01:23
i can see my house from here! i like this way better than the internet browser one. alot faster.