PDA

View Full Version : CD Image

afireinside
June 19th, 2004, 13:34
Nobody would happen to know where i can get a cd image for dreamsnes. I am really confused when it comes to burning it.

guymelef
June 20th, 2004, 01:45
I think you can get a self-booting image directly from www.dcemulation.com just click on dreamsnes (in the left toolbar about half way down) and the scroll down, and you should have a choice of either nero or discjuggler images. just get the discjuggler image and the trial version of discjuggler(for dc stuff it works better) as for a roms disc I think just burn your roms on another disc in MODE2 format with the JOILET option.

anyone care to second this

ps when in doubt burn slow. in fact when it comes to the dc alway burn slow especially with nero. not so much with discjuggler but, what the hell? what do you go to do that so pressing?

afireinside
June 25th, 2004, 19:07
thanks ill try that and let you know how it goes

curt_grymala
June 26th, 2004, 04:49
I think you can get a self-booting image directly from www.dcemulation.com just click on dreamsnes (in the left toolbar about half way down) and the scroll down, and you should have a choice of either nero or discjuggler images. just get the discjuggler image and the trial version of discjuggler(for dc stuff it works better) as for a roms disc I think just burn your roms on another disc in MODE2 format with the JOILET option.

anyone care to second this

ps when in doubt burn slow. in fact when it comes to the dc alway burn slow especially with nero. not so much with discjuggler but, what the hell? what do you go to do that so pressing?

I second that. You just need to know that the images don't include any roms. You will have to make your own romdisc for use with DreamSNES.

Eric
June 26th, 2004, 05:05
and i will third that you can either do a selfboot with the plain files using selfboot and include a roms folder in the root directory or you can download a nero selfboot or cdi and make a seperate rom disk

curt_grymala
June 26th, 2004, 06:53
and i will third that you can either do a selfboot with the plain files using selfboot and include a roms folder in the root directory or you can download a nero selfboot or cdi and make a seperate rom disk

If you end up deciding to go the plain files route, I would suggest getting Selfboot Inducer and the DreamSNES SBI file instead. Even if you don't want to put other things on the disc with DreamSNES, you could use the "SBI2Boot" feature in Selfboot Inducer and create a selfbooting DreamSNES disc with that.

Check out the SBInducer v4 Tutorial (http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCStuff/Sbindv4_Tut.shtml) on DCStuff (http://www.sesonsite.com/Ten-321/DCStuff/) for more information on that. <--- There are two links in that sentence, so you can click on them.

Ken34
June 26th, 2004, 11:09
umm, do not use disc juggler, it is too confusing and difficult, especially for us n00bs.

Just get the cdi image then use the ever lovable cdi2nero and burn the image by double clicking on the .nrg file and it will auto load nero and be ready to burn.

Christuserloeser
June 26th, 2004, 12:22
...other than that Alcohol120% is one of the best programs to use as it burns both CDI (DiscJuggler) and NRG (Nero) without problems.

Chris

dcfan
July 10th, 2004, 16:17
should i use one cd for the images and another cd for roms?

curt_grymala
July 10th, 2004, 16:22
should i use one cd for the images and another cd for roms?

You can if you want. If you are going to burn a pre-made image of the emulator, then that is your only option. If you want to use plain files or an SBI, then you can put the roms on the same disc.

guymelef
July 10th, 2004, 23:10
sbi is the way to go. selfbooting your emu with roms is most convenient. but for a n00b I wish you luck and make sure you read the readme as well as the directions.

Eric
July 11th, 2004, 03:13
i will say as far as the cdi2nero program goes sometimes it doesnt work for everything but what chris said about alcohol 120% he is right i once used that and it was great