PDA

View Full Version : is neo-geo just as good as neo-geo cd emulator?

mayorgc
August 19th, 2005, 08:38
i can't find a single Neo-geo CD ISO online, so i guess i'll try neo-geo instead. is neo-geo running at full speed? is neo-geo cd that much better than neo-geo?

alex_dsnews
August 19th, 2005, 09:18
They both emulate the Neo Geo CD, not the cartridge versions.

Smiths
August 19th, 2005, 11:51
cartridge is prolly not gonna happen due to memory reqs though
so I'd reccommend hunting for the NeoCD images a little more :)

Argon0
August 19th, 2005, 15:26
Yeah the Neo CD images ARE there - it takes a bit of work to find though!

J sims
August 20th, 2005, 01:56
I believe it is possible to emulate neo geo. The only difference I see between the 2 systems from the spec I've seen is the game media (The cheaper CD and more expensive cartridge) and controller(neogeocd had a pad instead of a stick) and there is an neo geo emulator for dreamcast.

Cap'n 1time
August 20th, 2005, 04:07
I believe it is possible to emulate neo geo. The only difference I see between the 2 systems from the spec I've seen is the game media (The cheaper CD and more expensive cartridge) and controller(neogeocd had a pad instead of a stick) and there is an neo geo emulator for dreamcast.

its more complicated then that.

Kaiser
August 21st, 2005, 03:59
The Neo Geo CD is just a much cheaper and NEo GEo. They both had pretty much the same games. The Neo Geo though was a more powerful thanks to its monstrous $300 carts with funky custom chipsets for each game.

It will never happen on PSP. To little a demand for so much work in making an emulator.

kash
August 21st, 2005, 20:34
Is there a neo geo cd emulator out there that supports full screen and are there only 97 games for the neogeo cd?

parabolee
August 21st, 2005, 21:57
Yes the NeoGeoCD EMU is fullscreen find it on the front page.

But you need the NeoGeoCD rom to run it.