PDA

View Full Version : Revert Your 1.51 To 1.50!!!

YourStillWithMe
August 19th, 2005, 19:56
Hey,

I am not 100% sure this will work but I heard that if you have a 1.51 what you need to do is

a-Fully charge your battery like you normally would
b-disconnect the charger once it is all set
c-Turn on your psp and DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING RUNNING (ex-music photos on screen, games, homebrew and so on)
d-Put your light adjustment on the highest so it consumes the most battery
e-let your battery run COMPLETELY out and just to be safe wait a good 20 mins even after its all done.
f-turn the system back on (with no game inserted into the UMD Drive)
g-if all panned out great go to your system settings than system information content to see if it worked.

Once again I am not 100% sure this works but I tried it with my psp 2.00 (it does not work. . . . :( ) but for all you newbies out there this will NOT DAMAGE your system by any means obviously but dont let your battery keep running out in the future because it loses its max time that it can go without having to charge it. .So charge whenever you can!

Good luck 1.51 users!

wraggster
August 19th, 2005, 21:03
this sounds like rubbish

Shiaoran
August 19th, 2005, 22:58
c-Turn on your psp and DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING RUNNING (ex-music photos on screen, games, homebrew and so on)

homebrew don't work on 1.51 ¬¬ *smells like lie*

f-turn the system back on (with no game inserted into the UMD Drive)

how can you turn it on then the battery is all gone? *the smell is getting intense*

because it loses its max time that it can go without having to charge it

looks like it's exactly what whoever whote this 'guide' wants *the smell took all over the place*

could you say WHERE u got that info? a 'friend'? a friend of the cousin of the brother of your classmate?

RabidPuppi
August 20th, 2005, 00:25
hahaha

YourStillWithMe
August 20th, 2005, 02:04
My bad Shiaoran you have to turn it on while it is charging again I forgot to add that part my mistake

but just try it out another member PMed me and told me this (I forgot who it was) because I used to create a lot of forums asking people when I first got onto this site if and how I could revert my 1.52 back to 1.50 because I had just upgraded. Just give it a try, it can't hurt you THAT much. Also, it doesn't look as if right now anyone else has any other better ideas, right? So give me a break.

Good luck

Shiaoran
August 20th, 2005, 15:24
well, if anyone that have a 1.51 could try it...
it would resolve a myth or reveal a lie...

dale
August 21st, 2005, 02:14
is there a way to go from 1.52 to 1.00 or is the only thing to do is to get the hacked 2.00?
and can you run homebrew on it?

Valiant
August 22nd, 2005, 19:41
Reminds me of the days when there were pokemon hacks like "Oooh, talk to that guy with a magikarp and refuse his offer 100 times to get a mew!"...yep yep...sounds so credible XD

parabolee
August 22nd, 2005, 19:50
I understand the premise of this but I think the firmware update copies OVER the old one, and so you can not force it to lose it's firmware update memory (which I think is the idea).

If updates were stored on some seperate internal RAM that the old firmware was not on, then this could work. But I'm pretty sure the flash memory the firmware is on is copied over to install the new firware.

F34R
August 22nd, 2005, 20:00
It doesnt work. Period.

grabnak
August 24th, 2005, 05:33
I will update my 1.5 PSP and try it out

Oh wait no, because I dont believe everything the Internet tells me. :cool:

But seriously. that wont work because the chip/chips are of a type that dont lose their memory when no power is present.