PDA

View Full Version : Wolf4SDL\DC public -BETA-

Christuserloeser
March 4th, 2008, 09:30
via DCEmulation (http://dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=96725)

fackue released his new port of Wolfenstein 3D for Dreamcast:

I figure with the release of openTyrian I'd go ahead to release what I have thus far.

This is the first release of a the newest Wolfenstein 3D port, Wolf4SDL\DC.

VMU code is based on c99koder's DreamZZT and OneThirty8's sdlWolf.

Credits goto Antioch for the LCD graphics.

It currently features:
- Sound
- Controller
- Keyboard
- Saves

Controls are:
Dpad - movement
A - shoot
B - strafe
X - open
Y - run

Bugs:
Figure 'em out ;)

DOWNLOAD:
http://dchelp.dcemulation.com/downloads/Wolf4SDL-DC_public.zip

dcdood
March 4th, 2008, 22:41
Does this work with shareware or all 6 missions (i have both)

soon i might have more Homebrew Discs than GD.

fackue
March 4th, 2008, 22:56
At this point it's just the full version.

dcdood
March 5th, 2008, 02:16
nice!!! i'm going to go burn this and Tyrian to some CDs! :) Many Releases this week! now all i need is Cool Herders\Donk and Giana's Return and my Homebrew Collection will be awesome!

dcdood
March 5th, 2008, 11:40
Great port... holy crap! it's like an official port or something... Nice job on the VMU system, i like how it matches up with his actual look :) i played OneThirty8's port too, but this one totally blew me away on how it resembled the DOS Edition :)
(i'm just glad that it would work and have FM Emulation!!! that had some awesome songs in it!)

*FM Emulation on dreamcast is like almost having a mini genesis in the heart of the DC!

dcdood
March 6th, 2008, 04:12
BTW, Can i save w/o a keyboard? *i don't have one just yet!*
i can access the menu when i die or when i reboot with the controller! *this is so far the only thing i'd call a bug :D

fackue
March 6th, 2008, 04:29
No, not yet. That's a bug indeed.

fackue
March 21st, 2008, 02:17
If anyone owns a retail CD-ROM with Wolfenstein 3D and\or Spear of Destiny I'm interested in their file layout or the folder path to the data files would also work.

I have disc swapping implemented and I'd like to support as many retail CDs as possible.

Currently supported:

Activision CD-ROM with Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny + the two missions
Spear of Destiny Super CD
RTCW Game of the Year

dcdood
March 21st, 2008, 21:41
has it been updated?

but a question is that if the Wolf 3D\SoD CDs are similar in File Paths then an educated Guess would be to use a standard path. i don't have my CD *GT - Wolf3d*

fackue
March 21st, 2008, 22:06
has it been updated?

but a question is that if the Wolf 3D\SoD CDs are similar in File Paths then an educated Guess would be to use a standard path. i don't have my CD *GT - Wolf3d*
It's already done. I also already have it working so there's no need to bother worrying about "standard paths."

It will first check the "wolf3d" folder, this is the folder you can put your data files in when you burn Wolf4SDL\DC. If you didn't put any data files in there then it will ask to please insert your Wolfenstein 3D CD and press start. After you press start it will look for vgahead.* using the paths of a retail CD (for example my Activision CD has the Wolfenstein 3D files in Install\data\WOLF3D).

Not really that complicated.

Of course it also depends on what build of Wolf4SDL\DC you use. So if you have a SoD retail CD then you gotta use the SoD binary. There wasn't a demo release of SoD on CD-ROM so you'll have to use the Full Version binary.

It's still going to work like it did before, the only thing that's different is that you don't have to add your data files to "wolf3d" if you have a retail CD.

About the next release: I'm waiting for the developer of Wolf4SDL to merge my changes to Wolf4SDL's code base, so once that's merged it's almost ready for another release - I'd like to have command line parameters working in the next release mostly for goobers\debugkeys.

Blandco
March 22nd, 2008, 20:38
I USED TO have the full version of Wolfenstein. My well meaning parents threw it away though...

I have the version that is on the Return to Castle Wolfenstein CD though. Any chance the version of Wolfenstein 3D included with that will work?

Christuserloeser
March 22nd, 2008, 22:06
Looking forward to the next release. Will you change the controls to match those of OneThirty8's port ?

fackue
March 22nd, 2008, 23:08
I USED TO have the full version of Wolfenstein. My well meaning parents threw it away though...

I have the version that is on the Return to Castle Wolfenstein CD though. Any chance the version of Wolfenstein 3D included with that will work?
If you can tell me where they are on the CD I'll add support for it. Do you have the GOTY edition? Because that's already supported and it has Wolf's data files in here:

Bonus\Wolf3D\PROGRAM FILES\Wolfenstein 3D\wolf3d\

Looking forward to the next release. Will you change the controls to match those of OneThirty8's port ?
I don't really like them. I think I'm finished with the controls... start button goes the the menu now and the analog stick's left and right with switch weapons.

pedorriento
April 8th, 2008, 09:16
hey, I'm knew on these stuff, how do you burn the game?? can someone explain it?? :(

fackue
April 10th, 2008, 04:07
Extract the Dreamcast archive to it's own folder, put *.wl6 in the wolf3d folder and download BootDreams. Open BootDreams and select the folder you extract the archive to and burn using the CDRecord GUI with the disc format set to data\data or audio\data, add a CD-R into your CD burner and click process.

FlyingCaboose
April 21st, 2008, 16:37
Extract the Dreamcast archive to it's own folder, put *.wl6 in the wolf3d folder and download BootDreams. Open BootDreams and select the folder you extract the archive to and burn using the CDRecord GUI with the disc format set to data\data or audio\data, add a CD-R into your CD burner and click process.

thanks, that was such an easy installation! this port is great, is it possible for it to have vsync in the future?

FlyingCaboose
April 21st, 2008, 18:22
also, how do you save?

fackue
April 22nd, 2008, 02:45
@FlyingCaboose: Not sure what you mean. Vsync? Why?

Also, you need a keyboard to save. I'm hopeful the next release will allow saving via controller.

FlyingCaboose
April 22nd, 2008, 22:04
@FlyingCaboose: Not sure what you mean. Vsync? Why?

Also, you need a keyboard to save. I'm hopeful the next release will allow saving via controller.

like no tearing when you turn? vsync?