PDA

View Full Version : Ldspsp

wraggster
March 4th, 2008, 21:01
News/release from tsgeoman:

LDSPSP - Is a browser based collection of text, including the Bible - Old and New Testament, Book of Mormon, D&C, Pearl of Great Price, Bible Dictionary, Hymns, Ensigns, Manuals, and many more, From the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, "Mormons".

This will work on any PSP, and you do NOT need custom firmware.

Installation:

-Unrar the Directory LDSPSP to any location on your pc that you can find later. Example: Desktop

-Copy LDSPSP to the root directory on your PSP. Example x:/LDSPSP where x is the drive letter of your PSP.

-NOTICE: In tests, it may take over 45 mins to copy the files to your PSP, this is due to the large number of files, over 18,000. Although the total size is only a little over 200 meg. It is sugested to use an external power supply while copying.

-Start your PSP WEB Browser.

-Go to FILE - ADDRESS ENTRY

-Type "file:/LDSPSP/index.html" without the "". This will bring up the main title page.

_Go to bookmarks and bookmark the main title page.

You can now access this any time by going to your web browser bookmarks and selecting LDSPSP.

I, in no way take credit, or responsibility for the contents of the text in these files. The texts original source is from www.lds.org. I simply added the pictures and the menus.

Tyler Steineckert
[email protected]

Download Here (http://www.sendspace.com/file/lu7sua) (68MB)and Give Feedback Via Comments
via tsgeoman (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-first-release-ldspsp-136270.html)

watupgroupie
March 4th, 2008, 23:17
What is the point in this? If your so obsessed with religion that you need to read it while your out and about and supposed to be living. Your letting it control your life. Which is uderly rediculous. Think about it.

gold2040
March 5th, 2008, 01:42
Who would honestly put this on their PSP??

Panda Bear K
March 5th, 2008, 03:00
Who would honestly put this on their PSP??People who don't have custom firmware

b8a
March 5th, 2008, 09:35
This is hilarious! I know a mormon who was looking at getting a portable media player and was asking about this exact capability. Think about it, why carry around a stack of bibles when you can just carry around your PSP (which you're carrying around anyway and can be read in low light situations). If you're the type of person who feels they have to study the scriptures for xx amount of minutes per day, this has got to be absolutely essential.

watupgroupie
March 6th, 2008, 05:48
Useful, yes. essential, no. Your absolutely nuts if you need something like this to practice your religion. It's supposed to guide your life, not control it.

No_one_in_particular
March 6th, 2008, 09:20
What makes you think people who'll want this automatically have a religion-ruling life ? If I was religious, I'd probably just read it on the bus to and from work or something.

watupgroupie
March 6th, 2008, 17:05
What makes you think people who'll want this automatically have a religion-ruling life ? If I was religious, I'd probably just read it on the bus to and from work or something.
If you are religious then you've probably read the book before. Why not listen to some music or play a psp or something like a normal person would? Just wondering.

No_one_in_particular
March 6th, 2008, 18:28
I'd have thought cos they're interested in it, the same way people read Harry Potter over and over and over, just to pick up on bits they missed/forgotten from first time around ?