PDA

View Full Version : Where, oh where, is our PSP update?

wraggster
August 20th, 2005, 01:31
Source - Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/entry/1234000790055152/)

Let’s remind ourselves of the words of SCEA, posted last week and still resting as they were, regarding the expected release of the 2.0 update to the PSP firmware:

The PSP Firmware 2.0 Upgrade for the North American market will be available during the week of August 15th, instead of on August 12, as previously reported.
Well… its afternoon on Friday the 19th of August here in the US (except for those in the pacific islands). And like a bride (or groom) standing at the alter during some uncomfortable pause as the expected to be betrothed does not appear upon the 3rd replay of their musical cue, PSP fanatics sit/stand dumfounded. There’s no reference to the update on the Playstation/PSP website, no updates in the message boards. We can only hope that this update is so fantabulous that it brews espresso, runs the lights and features of our homes and carries no bugs that might make our happy little portables sick to their stomachs.

*o*
August 20th, 2005, 05:00
it must be 2.1 theres no way it could take them this long to rerelease something

Psychondrius
August 20th, 2005, 08:17
If you try to search for news about their 2.0 update on their site, you will find they have removed it. Their souls truly belong to the devil.

faceless
August 20th, 2005, 10:03
sony must be on a massive bug hunt, trying to find and seal every vulnerability they can...

aruka57
August 20th, 2005, 10:13
which is why it's probably a good idea to keep track of the Japanese 2.0 patch.. such a long delay for what should be simply Region = US is pretty insane.. they're probably boosting security even more

Qmark
August 20th, 2005, 12:06
Something is very amiss, yes. More than likely, Sony themselves have discovered a security hole (which is easy to do when you have the source code) and are trying to patch it up. There is no other logical reason I can come up with.

*o*
August 20th, 2005, 12:32
i wish they would just release it (preferably with holes)

WSOUNitePirate895
August 20th, 2005, 12:57
I would wait with any futher Homebrew until 2.0 Is relased I BET they are wating for it to be hacked then Patch it up for good. Only sense Why Its been 3 weeks delayed or more, Sony wants to inusre 1) Hombrew good or bad is no longer ran, 2) Network stability with Web Browser, 3) number one again.

Sony soldout to the Devil, I am getting a Gizomondo and the GamePark when they come out...

bobpresto
August 20th, 2005, 16:49
how can i post it on the forum?

RedKing14CA
August 20th, 2005, 20:35
i dont get why they withhold it anyways.....

Psychondrius
August 21st, 2005, 21:49
Like Pirate895 said, they are looking for the bugs. You know how someone found a way to bypass the security on 2.0 jap already? Sony saw that. They are waiting to see what else happens to their precious 2.0. I also think homebrew should only be worked on for the US versions when they come out... not the Jap 2.0.... well, it CAN be worked on, but nobody should release ANYTHING until the US version comes out.