PDA

View Full Version : Raid on DVDs nets goods of £500,000

wraggster
March 5th, 2008, 19:38
A massive haul of around 30,000 counterfeit DVDs, CDs and Wii Playstation discs worth around £500,000 have been seized.

They were destined for car boot sales around Staffordshire and the Black Country.

The raid was carried out at the regular Cocksparrow Lane sale at Huntington near Cannock last Sunday.

The operation involved Trading Standards officers and police.

Three people were arrested and have been questioned and three vehicles impounded by police on suspicion they were involved in the distribution of counterfeit goods.

The £500,000 haul included fake Wii Playstation discs and many DVD films which have yet to be released at the cinema.

Several thousand cigarettes and a quantity of rolling tobacco was also seized.

Councillor Carol Dean, cabinet member for safer and stronger communities said: “We need to get the message out there that it is not acceptable to sell these counterfeit goods and that there is a real risk of being caught.

“It is important for consumers to think about the consequences of buying counterfeit products as this can really affect local businesses who struggle to compete with counterfeiters who sell products that legitimate businesses are unable to - such as unreleased films.”

Similar operations are set to take place in the county in future months.

http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/03/05/raid-on-dvds-nets-goods-of-500000/

stevo11185
March 5th, 2008, 20:08
Wii Playstaion Disk :O?

goity
March 5th, 2008, 20:49
Curse those wii playstation counterfitters. I swear I've never been able to get a real wii playstation disk from anywhere around here!

Shrygue
March 5th, 2008, 20:49
It probably was ment to say Wii and Playstation disks as there's no such thing as a wii playstation disk. Astounding to hear that the entire haul of those including the DVDs and audio CD were worth around £500,000. Piracy is bad, good the lot of pirate disks were seized and taken away.

Sterist
March 5th, 2008, 21:44
Good job Mr. Cocksparrow!

mcdougall57
March 6th, 2008, 00:30
could be worse i mean look at russia and brazil for gods sake

callsignAPOLLO
March 6th, 2008, 02:43
What a horrible loss for those despicable pirates. Alright, i'm gonna go pirate GOD OF WAR CHAINS OF OLYMPUS now, bye!

cloud_952
March 6th, 2008, 04:31
o_o Now where the hell am I supposed to buy Wii Playstation disks?!?! God, I can't find those ANYWHERE.

;_; Why do the pirates get no lovin'? They just steal everything they have and then give it to me at bargain basement prices..