PDA

View Full Version : Resistance for PSP Is "Possible"

wraggster
March 6th, 2008, 18:38
We sure liked Resistance. It's a good game! So good that some people wish that they could take it will them on the bus and train and shoot-up aliens. That's be super! But is it going to happen? Insomniac Games bossman Ted Price says:

Sure. I think that's possible... I think Killzone demonstrated that it doesn't have to be a first-person shooter. I think Killzone: Liberation was a fantastic game, but a very different game from the original. Anything is possible.

You heard that? Non FPS Resistance on PSP, cats living with dogs, mass hysteria — anything is possible!

http://kotaku.com/364475/resistance-for-psp-is-possible

Veskgar
March 6th, 2008, 19:44
This is good news for PSP/PS3 cross-promotion. Resistance was a hit on the PS3. Its a good game. Resistance 2 is expected out later this year in late fall or early winter. It would be cool to experiment with PS3/PSP interactivity with these games.

Sure it doesn't need to be a FPS. But if the controls were good and it used a good formula such as the Medal of Honor games, Resistance on PSP could be theoretically the best FPS on the PSP.

Panini
March 6th, 2008, 20:37
Its a good game.

:rofl:

It was a linear pile of crap.

I know it was a launch title but it defines mediocrity in the FPS genre. It might have been great if it came out four-five years ago, but by now the bar has been raised a whole lot higher

Thanks but no thanks.

pibs
March 6th, 2008, 21:15
Resistance was okay, now thinking about it the graphics could of been a little better. But as a title for the psp, id be a total fail.

**1_Man_Matrix**
March 6th, 2008, 22:23
:rofl:

It was a linear pile of crap.

I know it was a launch title but it defines mediocrity in the FPS genre. It might have been great if it came out four-five years ago, but by now the bar has been raised a whole lot higher

Thanks but no thanks.

???

It was a linear, perfectly reasonable launch game for the PS3. I played it for days with my mates when I first picked up my PS3? Yes it's mediocre, but it's still a decent game.

I for one love PSP FPS's, as few as they may be... Medal of Honor Heroes 2 has set the bar for me, and homebrew such as Quake can be frantic and fun.

mike_jmg
March 7th, 2008, 01:52
I love FPS on the PSP, in fact I have all of them (well, except one that was really bad)
Medal of Honor Heroes, Medal of Honor Heroes 2, Coded Arms and Coded Arms Contagion

I was expecting killzone to be a FPS but instead I got that piece of crap

If there is going to be a Resistance game for the PSP it has to be a FPS, and it would be the best one, cause there are too few