PDA

View Full Version : CycloDs, R4, or M3 Real?

DracoNyon
March 6th, 2008, 23:39
Well i have the crap max media dock (maybe not if datel ever updated it's firmware). So i was looking in to get a new one. The 3 listed above is the 3 choices i have come down to. Price is huge but not if they are like in a $5 range of each other. I was thinking of the m3 real perfect bundle as it has the RAM extension slot. I would very much like to play gba apps and to make SnemulDs better. I will however sacrifice that for price as i need a decent microsd card to go with it. (all i have is microsd card that came with my phone which is only 64mb :rofl:) So which do you guys prefer and what is a good site to buy them from. I also want fast delivery w/o paying too much. Thanks for all your help.

mrgimpface
March 8th, 2008, 21:42
i would recommend the R4DS.

i have one, never had any problems with it.

runs homebrew and backups of games perfectly.

moonshell built in.

the only thing it doesnt do is GBA.

good place to get them is

http://www.gadget-asia.com/

you can get them in bundles with memory cards quite cheap, and they have cheap/free worldwide shipping.

PyroYuy
April 26th, 2008, 16:57
I have the Cyclods with a ezflash4... yeah I have money... with an 8 gig card for the cyclo and a two for the ezflash... I'm having a problem with gba games not saving on me. But I hope to get that fixed soon.

fhy
May 2nd, 2008, 17:24
I have cyclo evo (slot1, DS) and M3 perfect SD (slot 2, GBA), expensive solution.
I'd rather advice you for the M3 real+GBA expansion card, you can do nearly anything (apart homebrew/games using rumble pack but no big loss I think)
The GBA part not only brings compatibility for gameboy advance games, but also extra memory which is great for some homebrews

smileyreilly
May 16th, 2008, 01:04
Well i have the crap max media dock .
i disagry! (lol) i`ve got the max media dock and it can run almost anything (im having some trouble with moonshell and ds organize, anyone know how to get that stuff on there?) :D

Omega_2
June 28th, 2008, 09:26
Ok, can anyone recommend a good slot-2 card that WORKS with R4?

masterchief929
June 28th, 2008, 13:36
just get the m3 with the ram expansion. i have one and have never had any problems.

Omega_2
June 28th, 2008, 22:44
I'm getting the R4 free in the mail, so I need a list of compatible Slot-2 carts that won't set me back too much, I'm basically broke.

EDIT: I am getting it from Gaming Lagoon.

lkashl
August 3rd, 2008, 13:15
I use a cyclo, its all good everything works perfectly. Their even introcing gba emulation on slot 1 :)

DanTheManMS
August 6th, 2008, 23:05
I use a cyclo, its all good everything works perfectly. Their even introcing gba emulation on slot 1 :)

Citation needed. It sounds like you misread the fact that they support the EZ-V 3in1 expansion pack out of the box.

dwtechz
August 11th, 2008, 04:41
If you want to play GBA games , m3 ds real perfect may your best choice, which has a GBA expansion device. You can see m3 ds real perfect (http://www.digimartz.com/advanced_search_result.html?keyword=m3+ds+real&search_in_description=1) here.

Ok, can anyone recommend a good slot-2 card that WORKS with R4?

Someone says r4ds is more better. You can use r4ds together with the slot-2 card (ez-flash 3in1 (http://www.digimartz.com/advanced_search_result.html?keyword=ez-flash+3in1&search_in_description=1)) , this combo can do the same work as m3 ds real perfect.

ChaoticanarchyX
January 17th, 2009, 22:02
CycloDS hands down. The price is well worth the purchess. It works with the EZ 3 in 1, the support for firmware upgrades is top notch. r4 is outdated and sucks......