PDA

View Full Version : New type of projector : Helio 3D Projection.

shadowprophet
August 21st, 2005, 20:53
Its a new type of image projection, aperently in 3D , and in the thin air.
I first heard about this on the news then I went to search up on it.
Its called helio display projection. It seems kinda primitive, I couldnt access the page, the server was very busy, But heres a link to a pic I found

http://www.io2technology.com/dojo/178/large2.jpg
This post isnt for everbody, I realize some people could care less.
But for those of us that do care.
Hit up google and search on, helio display projector.
Right now it doesnt look to kewl. But its already out on the market.
Imagine ten years from now. Instead of telivision and high definition screens.
We could be useing 3d image projectors. Damn thats suave:D

#Update: here try this page.
http://www.io2technology.com/dojo/204/v.jsp?p=/home

#yet another update
Here is a link to some pics and videos of the heliodisplay in action: http://www.io2technology.com/dojo/204/v.jsp?p=/technology/images

xuphorz
August 21st, 2005, 22:28
i can't wait until video games can use this :D

shadowprophet
August 21st, 2005, 22:56
Ive been reading up on this a little bit xuphorz.
The page is very swamped, keep trying and when yo do get in, look at the faq portion, they claim video games can already use this and it works quite well even in 3D :p

How it works has somthing to do with the air, and spraying a mist right in front of the projector,however this is a dry mist , not humid in any form, and its all just converted from the air around it,so its non toxic, Also other then feeling the wind where it sprays this mist from, you would never be able to tell it was even doing this action.they claim it works best if indoors,and in a averagely lit room.
outside however cross winds will mess with the air feild it works to ionize, however it will still work.

Ive also looked into the price of this thing:eek:
Lets not get into that, lets just say that right now the average person could not afford one of these and still make there house payments and feed there familys:rolleyes: So its aimed at buisness presentations and such right now. however as time goes by the price is expected to become much more reasonible:cool:

But with an over $18.600.00 price tag its not cheap:( The designer of the devices comercial form,(not the creator) just the comercial designer, Said that the parts that make up this thing are afordible. With nothing really any more exspencive inside it than an average run of the mill projector.

He expects this to gain main stream acceptence somtime within the next ten years, with units becomeing afordible within $1.500.00 dollars. thats about as much as a low end hd tv.
And who knows, sometime in the future we might just be able to walk into a best buy. and pick one up for a few hundred bucks:D
Untill that time I guess i'll just have to dream about a 3D jessica simpson in my home :p lol :cool:

Untill then peeps, play god of war! The game is freaking awsome!!

xuphorz
August 21st, 2005, 23:30
OMFG!

TRUE 3D GAMES!!!

MINE!

how much is it to rent?

shadowprophet
August 21st, 2005, 23:43
But they do offer rent options :D

xuphorz
August 21st, 2005, 23:48
i noticed, but how much is it?

shadowprophet
August 21st, 2005, 23:54
But if the product cost is somthing like eighteen thousand dollars I would assume to rent one would probibly run at least enough to buy a hd tv :(
So the question is. Is it worth the price of an hd tv just to experience this for a few days.

Answer: Hell yeah it is :D