PDA

View Full Version : Metareview -- Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)

Shrygue
March 7th, 2008, 19:56
via Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/07/metareview-super-smash-bros-brawl-wii/)

The time of Super Smash Bros. Brawl is almost upon the North Americas. Sunday, in fact, in case you're just waking from a coma (welcome back, btw). We've given our initial impressions of the game, but the reviews are coming in and they look smashing (sorry). The only real complaint leveled against the game is that it doesn't move the series forward, but merely refines what's there. We're pretty sure the many who plan on playing all Sunday night and are calling in sick for Monday don't care.

GamePro (100/100): "From the fighting mechanics to roster of players Brawl is a well-rounded game that I just couldn't put down. The only downside to Brawl is that it doesn't do anything to reinvent the series. It takes elements of past SSB games and refines them, which is great, but players expecting an entirely new experience won't find it here. Still, it is a well round game that doesn't disappoint and it's a must buy for every Wii owner."
IGN (95/100): "You will play the game to death when you get it. But unlike so many single-player hits, Metroid and Mario included, you will still be playing and consequently loving Brawl in the months and years to come. It is one of the great multiplayer titles of the generation and simply not to be missed."
GameTap (90/100): "That's the beauty of Brawl: It's a game that keeps on giving. The game supports online matchups via the Wi-Fi Connection, of course, but even when you're not focused on the primary game modes, you can spend hours just playing with extra features or hunting down a ton of unlockables. ... Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a Wii game you can play forever...or at least, until the next Nintendo console arrives."

Baboon
March 7th, 2008, 20:15
Thank god for the new free loader disc! :)

____anders____
March 7th, 2008, 23:37
yeah maybe i`ll spend 10 bucks on the freeloader instead of the wii-clip (don`t know if it works good cus there`s no review anywhere :( PLEASE make one!) and the d2pro.
maybe i should support N and import games instead, cus they`re better than m$ (u should see my xbox, m$ would put the biggest bounty ever on my friggin head if they would see it anyway.. ;) ).

EDIT: how does the freeloader work with the dual layer update? u know the update on the ssbb disc that makes your wii able to read dual layer dvd`s.

EDIT 2: this one is probably asked 1000 times a day: what about online play with freeloader?
will it work if i import ssbb (the USA version) to my PAL wii?

hypochondriac
March 8th, 2008, 13:06
Has t ben released in the US yet?

Junixx
March 8th, 2008, 18:35
Has t ben released in the US yet?

It comes out in the US tomorrow, im going to get it at midnight with a friend

____anders____
March 9th, 2008, 01:47
damn u lucky bastards in the us..

i will have to wait until autumn, unless i buy the freeloader and ssbb from usa..
i bet u have played it all day long am i right?? :D
!!I WANT IT SO BADLY!!

EDIT: it looks like it will take forever to beat that game, and when you finally have beaten it then you have the online play which you can play forever..

i'm sitting here with my super mario galaxy i got last wednesday, i beat bowser last thirsday (the final time you fight him) :D but i still have 59 stars to go with mario and then it's luigi for me..

ChaoticanarchyX
March 9th, 2008, 02:24
Im going at midnight myself. About the only thing corp gaming stores are good for XD