PDA

View Full Version : Identifying modchip in JAP Wii??

pangster
March 7th, 2008, 21:07
I've got a chipped JAP NTSC Nintendo Wii (running 3.2J o/s).. the problem i have is that i don't know what chip it has been fitted with??

is there any easy ways/tell tale signs of what chip i have installed without ripping it apart??

the main reason is i think the chips firmware might need updated as Wario Ware Smooth Moves and SMG just give me a black screen when i try and load them..

other issues ive had is that only the Japanese version of Cooking Mama works?? - I'm also pretty sure i have the US versions of Trauma Centre and Super Monkey Ball but they writting is in Japanese?

I have an original JAP version of Wii Fit - and i need to switch the wii on and off after playing this - but i think this is generic for all chips as they disable automatically when they detect an original disc? so that doesn't really help me?..

i thought that i might have a WiiKey - but i tried running the 1.9G updated disc (which boots) but after it test writes (100%) it gives me an error message and asks me to check my connections? - so i guess i don't have a WiiKey? lol!!..

any help or pointers would be great!!! my serial number is: LGH111140XX if that makes a difference??

pangster
March 7th, 2008, 23:32
I've got a chipped JAP NTSC Nintendo Wii (running 3.2J o/s).. the problem i have is that i don't know what chip it has been fitted with??

is there any easy ways/tell tale signs of what chip i have installed without ripping it apart??

the main reason is i think the chips firmware might need updated as Wario Ware Smooth Moves and SMG just give me a black screen when i try and load them..

other issues ive had is that only the Japanese version of Cooking Mama works?? - I'm also pretty sure i have the US versions of Trauma Centre and Super Monkey Ball but they writting is in Japanese?

I have an original JAP version of Wii Fit - and i need to switch the wii on and off after playing this - but i think this is generic for all chips as they disable automatically when they detect an original disc? so that doesn't really help me?..

i thought that i might have a WiiKey - but i tried running the 1.9G updated disc (which boots) but after it test writes (100%) it gives me an error message and asks me to check my connections? - so i guess i don't have a WiiKey? lol!!..

any help or pointers would be great!!! my serial number is: LGH111140XX if that makes a difference??

anyone any ideas???