PDA

View Full Version : NOIZ2SA needs music composers !

chui
August 22nd, 2005, 11:53
I want to finish NOIZ2SA port, but now it haven't music.

Format: MOD/Protracker or SM3/ScreamTracker. Max 12 channels.
Size per song: 128-256 KBytes without compression.
Style: Electronical? Its a shoot'em up!.

You can use soundtracker program (http://www.soundtracker.org) for GNU/Linux or modplug program (http://www.modplug.com) for Windows.

Thanks !

bender
August 22nd, 2005, 17:51
Cheesetracker it's another nice tracker for GNU/Linux, similar to the mitical Impulse Tracker. http://www.reduz.com.ar/cheesetronic/
A noiz2sa dc port with that custom music would kick ass, probably much better than the original music of the game.
The .oggs of the original noiz2sa could also be converted to .mod for people that want them

thnks :-)

timofonic
August 22nd, 2005, 18:26
Stop the topical attitude, a vertical/hortizontal shooter can have any "fast music" created, the only need as most games (but sadly not always occour) is VERY GOOD MUSIC. All shooters not needed to have techno/trance music. Look at Xenon II: Megablast game with his mytical music from "Bomb the Bass" ;)

What about doing a music compo for NOIZ2SA dreamcast version? Giving some stuff to the ones who have their music into it? ;)

Personally I would like people inspired from every different tune ever created, since C64 music, amiga music, megadrive music, snes music, atari music... to music like rez, jet set radio...

But please not fast done music, I think is better not doing it that doing it wrong. Variety, creativity and quality... Let's show to the world what dreamcast scene is capable to do!

PS: Because are mods, people can be inspired (as getting samples from them, by example) from a lot of mods found on modarchive.com, aminet, back2roots and a lot of sites (even non-mods music) ;)

smiles
August 22nd, 2005, 22:07
I didn't know you were still working on this. What changes have you made since the last release?

chui
August 23rd, 2005, 10:16
New release will have splash screen while loading (and parse XML), compiled with my recent SDL, permit customize it (other people will can change XMLs for new levels and enemies), correct VMU savestate and ... new music files.

chui
August 23rd, 2005, 17:19
I think that audio tracks music format is valid too. MP3 songs can be convert to audio tracks and toasting with NOIZ2SA binary.

But i don't know how toast a autoboot with audio tracks.

bender
August 23rd, 2005, 18:08
you'd need to hack the binary for the new LBA but i don't know what is the boot sequence for kos. Once toasted the audio, you can get the LBA with cdrecord -msinfo, wich should be inserted in the binary boot sequence of the 1st_read.bin (and for all the binaries that have that sequence for kos) with an hex editor (inverted and using hex values)

chui
August 24th, 2005, 09:43
it isn't easy task, i think that audio-cd tracks will be customize option. so, if noiz2sa detect audio-cd tracks play it, but have to play mod/protracker song without audio-cd tracks exists.

bender
August 24th, 2005, 19:26
oh sorry, i misunderstood you. why not make 2 versions? one for audio cd and the other one for mod files. Your problems will be fixed ;-)

Christuserloeser
September 23rd, 2005, 01:49
I love Noiz2SA ! :)

Zherae
December 15th, 2005, 04:57
Chui try checking in electronic music forums like watmm or xltronic.

Masta-G
March 19th, 2006, 22:39
You dont have to hack the lba of a kos binary... only commercial (katana) games need that, you just start with all the audio tracks in the first session, then in the second session you burn datatrack. the datatrack should have a 16sector bootrecord pointing to the game binary. no need to hack it