PDA

View Full Version : Team Buddies for DC!!

Hso
August 22nd, 2005, 19:31
I would *love* for Team Buddies to be ported from PSX to DC
It's one of the best PSX games i've ever played!
http://www.gamespot.com/ps/puzzle/teambuddies/index.html?q=team+buddies
my reasons -

1. it's really fun!
2. it doesn't look graphically demanding.
3. the bloody developers refuse to make a sequel, so a port would be great!

the gameplay on this game is -- pick up blocks that fall from the sky, put them onto the base/pad thingy at your base, and smash them, depending on what arrangement you put them in you'll get a different powerup
1 -- usually a weapon
1 on top of 1 -- normally another "buddy"
1 next to 1 -- normally a more powerful weapon
2 on top of 2 -- another buddy, but stronger, sometimes a Cyborg which is slow, but can take a beating
2 next to 2 -- normally a bazooka
4 on top of 4 = tank
I believe these weapons also depend on what level you're on.
there's also secret weapons on most levels like planes, stealth bombers, bikes, machine guns, etc.
and another thing about this game is, it's a 2-player game, or if you have a multitap, you can use all 4 teams :)
it supports vibration, so the DC's vibration(puru puru?) packs should work with it.
and it has over 30levels, so it's very long lasting, but this game is sooooo rare! i paid like 30GBP for it on ebay a few months ago

I almost forgot to mention that you can just smash blocks to get ammo and life points anywhere on the field so you don't need to take them back to your base(tanks can do this)

also, if you're cocky and confident in your skills, you can steal blocks from your enemies base, but they're normally not very understanding and decide to attack you :P

there's also little animals on levels like dogs(i think o_O), pigs and sheep

I hope you all agree with me :P
-Hso

Max
August 23rd, 2005, 15:52
Is it Open Source? If not, it's impossible.

Hso
August 23rd, 2005, 18:16
Well, i'm guessing no.
But would it be hard to ask the developers to donate it to us, seeing as they don't plan to release any more of this title?

are there no ways to rip the source code out of retail games?

DCDayDreamer
August 23rd, 2005, 20:36
are there no ways to rip the source code out of retail games?

You'll get ripped to pieces for making comments like that, not only is it impossible, it wouldn't be legal to use the source if it was possible, think before you type!.

Hso
August 24th, 2005, 11:04
Mr/Mrs.Dreamer - lol, i can't be blamed ;O i'm new to the open source idea :P
So... I can't just ask them if they would like to donate it, for a porting project? :P

Hso
September 5th, 2005, 18:30
LoL... I'm Back! :P
I e-mailed SCEE to ask if they would release the source code for the game for a porting project... and here's their responce... it's not overly helpful ;_;

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your recent correspondence.

I am able to confirm that we do not release the source codes for any of
our game titles, past or present.

Should you have any further queries, please call our Careline on 08705
99 88 77 (National Rate), where an advisor will be happy to assist you.
Our operating hours are 8am - 10pm Monday to Friday, 10am - 6pm
Saturday, Sunday and all Bank Holidays.

so.. are you can tell, i'm upset ;_; *looks at DC console and Team Buddies PSX game*

-Hso