PDA

View Full Version : selfbooting elf files

blackpuma
May 5th, 2004, 09:51
Hi u all! I need your help... :-/
I have a problem selfbooting or even running elf files. Somewhere i read about scrambled and unscrambled bins.. I cant get with these!! Basicaly I want to run vmutool and till now i have seen it only from screenshots!!! If not selfbooted how can I play it with a bootloader?

curt_grymala
May 5th, 2004, 21:46
It's not easy. What you really want to do is download either the SBI file (for use with Selfboot Inducer - see the tutorial on DCStuff) or the scrambled bin file.

blackpuma
May 5th, 2004, 22:20
Thanks curt_grymala :)!! It's much easier... but I think i made it (i'm not sure and not tested) with the elf file. I used elf2bin.exe to get the unscrambled bin and then the scramble.exe to scramble it right? anyway I downloaded the vmutool bin...
thanks again

curt_grymala
May 5th, 2004, 22:53
That is how you do it.

Mr._Magoo
June 16th, 2004, 02:55
Haylow everyone, I need some help here. Is there any possibility that the VMoo can become a burn ready image. To save time rather than the whole process of using SBIs n BIN n all that good stuff ? ;D

guymelef
June 16th, 2004, 05:29
no

blackpuma
June 16th, 2004, 06:23
I think it can be done though...
You have an elf file and you want to get a scrambled bin file!
use elf2bin utility to get an unscrambled bin and then scramble it using scramble util!!
You can now use burnerO's selfboot to make it selfbooting image
If it goes OK let us know :)

fackue
June 16th, 2004, 08:15
blackpuma is correct. Use ELF2BIN (convert elf to unscrambled bin), DCScram (convert unscrambled bin to scrambled bin), then Selfboot (create a selfbooting image).