PDA

View Full Version : Popsloader & Cwcheat Help.

SkatesBest
March 11th, 2008, 02:06
Sorry but this is really urgent so I headed to the "Help" part of the forums for PSP's, if I posted this in the wrong section, please move or do whatever. Okay, so I'm running 3.90 m33-2 on my PSP FAT, and it seems I can't get both popsloader, and cwcheat to work together. I have found out that switching the lines in the "pops.txt" file, one work's but the other doesn't..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Example:
ms0:/seplugins/cwcheatpops.prx
ms0:/seplugins/popsloader.prx

Only Cwcheat works then.

Only the Popsloader works then.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it seems the issue is that instead of reading both lines it only reads the first line of that .txt file, but I don't know the solution or if there is one to make it read both or all lines that I include in the file.

So if anyone who has had this same problem and found a solution, or someone who just know's how to fix this, please assist me with my problem.

SoulReaver911
March 11th, 2008, 03:34
That is freaking weird, and I don't experience that problem myself. Try putting both the lines of text onto the first line with a space between them.

You might also try making sure you're using the right combination to turn cwcheat on. It changes back to default whenever you mess with lines (I think anyway.)

SkatesBest
March 11th, 2008, 18:02
Putting both lines on the first just made one of the plugins not show up at all in the Recovery Menu, lol.

... And when you said I need to make sure i'm using the right combination's to turn Cwcheat on... What combination's are there?

SoulReaver911
March 12th, 2008, 04:40
Well, I think the default combination to activate CWCheat is to hold select for over 3 seconds, which you can change in the menu.

SkatesBest
March 13th, 2008, 03:17
Oh, the 3 seconds thing. I knew that... It's just that each time I changed the first line in the "pops.txt" it just reads that first line, and I tried putting both on the first line and that didn't work.

Do you think you could upload your "seplugins" folder for me to use and see if I have any luck with it, since you said it works for you?

Lurple
March 24th, 2008, 18:56
I have this same issue. I'm running a game that needs an earlier version for pops (pops 3.71 works fine, I am on 3.80M335 which doesn't work correctly with this game).

I can either have pops.txt load popsloader or cwcheat. I can't seem to find a way to get it to do both. Right now I'm kind of stuck loading up a game with cwcheat at a save point, doing my cheats, saving, and then reloading with popsloader under the correct firmware.

Seems like there must be a better way.

Edit: putting both lines in pops.txt did work. Here's what my pops.txt file looks like now:

ms0:/seplugins/cwhceat/cwcheatpops.prx

No white space, mind you. I'm not sure why this wouldn't work for you.

neogalahad
April 13th, 2008, 22:57
yeah i have the same issue. except with mine it loads the second text.

so cwcheat will work not popsloader.

so popsloader will work.

also something else I found was very strange is that they are both deactivated but the second one will still work. I have tried activating one and not the other and many other combinations. if anyone has a solution this would be much appreciated.

O and im using 3.90m33-3 with 3.80 v2 pops.

Vhero
April 18th, 2008, 21:01
I have this same issue. I'm running a game that needs an earlier version for pops (pops 3.71 works fine, I am on 3.80M335 which doesn't work correctly with this game).

I can either have pops.txt load popsloader or cwcheat. I can't seem to find a way to get it to do both. Right now I'm kind of stuck loading up a game with cwcheat at a save point, doing my cheats, saving, and then reloading with popsloader under the correct firmware.

Seems like there must be a better way.

Edit: putting both lines in pops.txt did work. Here's what my pops.txt file looks like now:

No white space, mind you. I'm not sure why this wouldn't work for you.

look at the second line in bold and tell me whats wrong with it? I spotted it straight away i was having same problem. Come on look carefully there are hundreds of ppl with the same problem the file itself you get from official site is wrong. If you really cant spot it then

should be

ms0:/seplugins/cwcheat/cwcheatpops.prx

damn spelling mistakes

Drego
May 16th, 2008, 05:26
Ok, my turn. I am having some weird trouble. I was playing FF7 perfectly fine, and the cwcheatpops was working perfectly. A friend of mine asked for the files (cwcheat) so i just plugged in my PSP and copied the files over. Now my cwcheatpops doesn't work. I hold down the "Select" button for 3 seconds (or longer) and nothing happens. I've tried to redownload and re-enable but nothing seems to work....

Please help....

Phat 3.90-3 w/ 3.71 pops
-------------------------
EDIT:
Ok thats weird.... I reloaded my custom theme and now it works perfectly....

EDIT2:
Nevermind, it appears that it wasn't working... darn you POPS! So yeah, same problem here, reads only line1, not line2. Any other ideas?

whitetiger2695
November 15th, 2009, 08:10
This does work just be sure to have no spaces if needed type it out to be sure