PDA

View Full Version : The exclusivity rant.

shadowprophet
March 11th, 2008, 08:56
Wait! before you read any further, This rant isn't for you, no, this rant is only for the japanese gamers. I refuse to release this rant in europe, america, mexico,germany, australia, and other other ntsc territories. I'm sorry that's just the way it is.

So go on, maybe you could import this rant? or pirate it?

Perhaps I feel americans aren't smart enough to understand this rant, so I need to dumb it down a little before releasing it to an overseas audience?

How does that make you feel? confused? maybe a little angry?
Then at least your heart is in the right place, Welcome brothers and sisters. i'm sorry if you found that offensive. I had to make sure you where in the right frame of mind before you read on.

Firstly, we needn't get upset, sometimes things are the way they are and we have to take that reality with a grain of salt.

When we think back to our illustrious past, we sometimes suppress our emotional scars and try to remember the golden times. but should we really forget our past offences that in most cases continue to this day?

The short simple truth is. many games in our past have been changed for an over seas market for many reasons. but the most insulting reason is that the rising sun developers feel we just aren't smart enough to play their titles unless they are for lack of a better word "dumbed down..."

A note worthy case would be the final fantasy series. while final fantasy 2-USA. is notoriously remembered as a title that was vastly changed, many titles in the series 16 bit days where held over for those very reasons. the nes final fantasy 2. 'dubbed too difficult' the same goes for final fantasy 3-nes,

While these are the more well known cases. It does go without saying that the japanese gamer simply has A different taste in gaming then other places in the world. some aspects that are found acceptable in japanese gaming. are not only found completely unacceptable in other places in the world, but illegal as well.

Uncut japanese stories and plots are often saturated with unacceptable things like under age nudity, incest, and racism.

I think we can all agree. If games like those where to ever reach tamer shores. It would not only be found unacceptable, but could do massive damage to the gaming industry as a whole.

Good, so we are in agreement. a certain amount of censorship is needed, because some japanese games are simply, sickly perverted...

What I find most insulting are the games that aren't released over seas for other reasons.
steep difficulty levels, complicated interfaces.

It's true, some games aren't released overseas because we are labeled just to dumb to understand said titles.

This is insulting is it not?

Meanwhile. western developers, have not only caught up in terms of skill to their japanese counterparts, but in many cases surpassed them.

Ultimately, this simple post wont change a nation.

But we have nothing to gain. by silently sitting back and having our intelligence insulted on a consistent basis.

Perhaps we cant change things. But we can at least let it be known, that we wont suffer these indignities laying down.

Many if the most intelligent people in the world are not japanese.

And to be honest, I think some of their decisions and actions, display that quite well..

If anyone found this offensive. All I can say, is air it out. this is a forum of public opinion after all,

Have your say.

As for me im just about fed up with a few over seas attitudes.

Shades.

shadowprophet
March 11th, 2008, 09:23
Yes people will fear to touch this rant.

And that's okay, this rant doesn't need a follow up, I've said my peace. As long as its seen, that's all I ask.

people must have the courage to stand up against indignities.

If rosa parks hadn't had the courage to to stand her ground., nothing would have ever changed.
If martin luther king had never had a dream, what would the world be like today.
You must have the courage to speak your convictions. even in the face of ridicule.

lmtlmt
March 11th, 2008, 10:28
I imported this rant to Australia!!!!

Btw europe and australia are pal territories

shadowprophet
March 11th, 2008, 10:39
I imported this rant to Australia!!!!

Btw europe and australia are pal territories
*nods, duely noted brother lmt :cool:

lmtlmt
March 11th, 2008, 10:43
We need to get some of the same PS3 games so i can kick your ass! :p

shadowprophet
March 11th, 2008, 10:50
We need to get some of the same PS3 games so i can kick your ass! :p

im currently, trying to figure out whch ps3 games im going to buy next.

I'm thinking about drakes fortune. but i dont know if it's multiplayer.

lmtlmt
March 11th, 2008, 10:52
yeah its not multiplayer but it is F***ing awesome.

shadowprophet
March 11th, 2008, 11:03
yeah its not multiplayer but it is F***ing awesome.
*nods. I may get drakes fortune. do you have any recommendations for a good multiplayer game ?

lmtlmt
March 11th, 2008, 11:10
resistance online is pretty good, depends what sort of online game u want, u want an fps? an action? or a racer? or just any? cause motorstorm is good online and so is ridge racer, i would say burnout paradise is your best bet, you can get the demo for free off the psn and go online on it!

shadowprophet
March 11th, 2008, 11:15
resistance online is pretty good, depends what sort of online game u want, u want an fps? an action? or a racer? or just any? cause motorstorm is good online and so is ridge racer, i would say burnout paradise is your best bet, you can get the demo for free off the psn and go online on it!

hmm, resistance.. yeah, I may try that one.
I have played the demo,. it seemed a lot like area 51 blacksite to me. but then what can one really tell about a game in five minuets of play. so I may end up getting resistance and drakes fortune, :p

lmtlmt
March 11th, 2008, 11:20
Its fairly decent, i enjoyed it, then i got bored of it, a few weeks later i got back into it again.

DPyro
March 11th, 2008, 16:14
I recommend you rent Drakes Fortune and buy CoD4, and Warhawk (Warhawk already has DLC) :thumbup:

acn010
March 11th, 2008, 16:20
japanese people has no soul (south park thing)
yeah... different aspects on gaming topics.... dead or alive series... he he he....