PDA

View Full Version : I am about to open my PSP, Please read this if you have done this before...

BlingShyne2 TAA
August 23rd, 2005, 05:01
Well the other day, my PSP hit the floor and I then noticed an assload of dust under my screen...

I'm thinking maybe there was some around the edges and the shock maybe shook some loose onto the screen?

Well anyways, I've opened up quite a few playstation controllers, and I could tell them to you inside and out, because i am an avid destroyer of controllers.

Onto the questions...

1.) I see 3 screws, 2 on the back, and 1 on the bottom, are these the key screws for taking off my faceplate?

2.) Does the faceplate hold in the buttons and the sensor pads? Or will they stay in after I take off the faceplate?

3.) Are the L and R buttons behind seperate panels? Will they fall out after I unscrew the 3 main screws?

4.) Should I take out the battery first?

5.) I notice that the analog nub is wider than the hole it protrudes from, I heard you can pop it on and off, should I do this? I've never done it before...

Also, if you are confident in your PSP undressing skills and would like to walk me through this, AIM me at BlingBlingShyne1.

If not, then just please answer my questions.

PSP_Newbie
August 23rd, 2005, 05:32
ive never done this, and cant help you much, but if u havent done it before, I'm sure there are some guides you can google for opening up a psp/hardware as well as tips and stuff.
oh, and one tip i remember from somewhere: make sure u ground yourself before u open it up by touching something metal so u dont screw something up inside with static electricity :D
other than that, wait til someone that know what they r talking about replies, it might take some more time...

*o*
August 23rd, 2005, 07:46
have you read this? http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=380915&rl=1

J sims
August 23rd, 2005, 07:56
If you want to avoid the warrenty sticker showing the word void on it apply heat with a blow drier then peel the sticker up from a corner with some twisers. If you did it correctly the sticker won't show the words void all over it.place the sticker on waxpaper. If have successfully did this with a couple of ps2s.