PDA

View Full Version : SnesPSP TYL V0.2 Released

wraggster
August 23rd, 2005, 16:58
Yoyofr, Laxer3a and Thunder have released a new version of what is the best Snes emulator for the PSP, heres the news from the Official Site (http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html)

<blockquote>
This version should be a lot more stable than previous one, especially regarding memstick corruption & freezing issues.
However, shit happens, so remember to backup all of your critical data/saves, ... ;-)
Remember to use the OFFICIAL FORUM for BUGS and FEEDBACK, since we don't have so many time to spend
on the various forums, we'll mainly check our one.

[FIX] psp accelerated rendering fixed
[FIX] fixed crashing bug with mosaic effects & psp accelerated modes
[FIX] fixed sleep/resume freeze
[FIX] lots of small fixes in emulation core, gui, browser, ...
[NEW] snes BRR decoding in mips assembly (sample decoding, sounds better in man games)
[NEW] snes cpu/hdma optimization
[NEW] ppu optimization (FF6 is eventually playable)
[NEW] implement snesadvance "speedhacks"
[NEW] gui cosmetic enhancements & fixes (correct time, ...)
[NEW] new ppu hacks mode to speed up emulation
[NEW] autosave sram shortly after being modified (usually 1second)
[NEW] auto savestate every n minutes
[NEW] import savestate from uoSnes9x or Zsnes
Get some here : Zsnes save state archive
just place the .zsX file in your psp and use the "Import savestate" menu option
[NEW] help, press Triangle on a menu option
[NEW] started internationalizing (english, french, japanese) (only for menu help, not complete)
[NEW] disable savings features when battery too low (avoid memstick corruption)
[NEW] mode 7 hack to speed up a bit the rendering
[NEW] option to render PAL games as NTSC games (get ride of black border at bottom)
[NEW] per game settings.
Use the "Save settings as DEFAULT settings" to define the default settings applied to every game at first launch.
Use the SQUARE button in file browser to bypass ROM specific settings and use the default ones instead.
Settings are saved on a per game basis, the settings file is created at first menu access after loading a new game.
[NEW] configurable inputs
Nice icon by Pochi </blockquote>

Remember to give a little donation to them for their great work ;)

Download from the Official Site (http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/snespsp.html) or our Snes9x tyl page Here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/snespsp_tyl.shtml

Discuss this release Here --> http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=9668

Thanks to Yoyofr /Laxer3a and Thunder for a great release :)

Paulmolive
August 23rd, 2005, 17:29
I'm so excited to get back from work. 8 hours until :)

UnderHill
August 23rd, 2005, 17:31
would someone tell me what kinda fps they get for : EVO and Secret of mana :
i wont be gettin my 1.50 till *next week* so i cant do it meself
thanks

coheedcollapse
August 23rd, 2005, 17:40
I'll check, but I know that with Seiken Densetsu I get almost perfect framerates....if not, they're at least a ton better than what I got on SNES9X_uo. I checked their site before I went anywhere this morning. Happy it's out!

UnderHill
August 23rd, 2005, 18:04
I'll check, but I know that with Seiken Densetsu I get almost perfect framerates....if not, they're at least a ton better than what I got on SNES9X_uo. I checked their site before I went anywhere this morning. Happy it's out!

Appreciated :D

Izlude
August 23rd, 2005, 18:12
i noticed something different with this version over any others i'm using.. course it could just be me.. but the light for my memory stick starts flashing and the games will freeze for several seconds and then resume. is that my memstick? should i adjust certain settings? or am i just pissing it off by throwing super mario RPG and star ocean at it? :D

geise69
August 23rd, 2005, 19:08
Well I'll can say is that I've been looking forward to this. All the games they said run faster do. However I was playing some games like Contra 3 and a few others to test this new emu out and it just seems to me that the V1 ran the games faster. FF3/6 and other games run faster in version 2 but the first version seemed to play all the other games faster. I have my settings the same as the last minus the gfx engine that they seemed to have changed. I was just wondering if others were experiencing the same thing. Again mario kart, ff3/6 and others run better but some others seem to run slower now. Let me know how you guys are doing with this release? To the authors thanks for a great release. I have been wanting to play FF6 with a better frame rate and now I can. Kick ass!

coheedcollapse
August 23rd, 2005, 20:19
Ok got it, Secret of mana with default settings runs at around 60fps most of the time (didn't dip below 50, not taking into factor flyby scenes of the landscape)

ddblue
August 23rd, 2005, 21:32
The new version is great. It's got useful new features, and I really did notice an increase in speed (MarioKart is what I use to gauge the speed of the SNES emulators).

I already donated :D

-d

xuphorz
August 23rd, 2005, 23:59
mario rpg status?

Izlude
August 24th, 2005, 01:47
the freezing problems are fixed with the newer versions now.. be sure to check out the other threads

UnderHill
August 24th, 2005, 04:47
Ok got it, Secret of mana with default settings runs at around 60fps most of the time (didn't dip below 50, not taking into factor flyby scenes of the landscape)
Thanks for the info!
I cant wait to play secret of mana!

grabnak
August 24th, 2005, 05:39
[NEW] import savestate from uoSnes9x or Zsnes
Get some here : Zsnes save state archive
just place the .zsX file in your psp and use the "Import savestate" menu option

This is awesome, I was trying to hack a savestate from TYL for a game (front mission) and I was getting nowhere because I was a moron and overlooked the fact that TYL does not save states the same as Zsnes. :cool:

JOE2339
August 25th, 2005, 14:48
runs way better than the first version and more stable. The only problem is that some games like megaman x and contra 3 run great in some stages and in others it slows down to like 40 fps or less. I have seen great improvements in f-zero, captain commando, and megaman x2 and x3. Great emu yoyo and company. keep up the great work.

warped
August 25th, 2005, 16:39
yup i agree, its a great release. almost all games are now playable :)

Eamoe
September 2nd, 2005, 09:53
Erm, this is my first post...

Haven't even got my PSP yet, I'm running low on funds these times and evaluating wether I should or not buy it now or later (though I know I will some day).

I'm EXTREMELY FAR from being an expert, but I do have a GBA with a flash-memory cartridge and I do some NES emulation and stuff like that on it. I'd like to know how, and in what extent this is possible on the PSP.

My newbie question is: how do you feed the PSP with stuff like emulation software? Through SanDisks? Or do you burn UMD's?

Thanks!

wraggster
September 2nd, 2005, 14:26
memory cards

and u need a v1.0 for v1.50 psp Firmware