PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Firmware 4.00 Details Unveiled For PSP ; Flash 9 Support, Quicktime and WMV Co

wraggster
March 11th, 2008, 20:50
Here are the rumored list features rumored to be hitting later this month for the PSP. The rumored firmware is due for Release on the 18 of this month.

* PLAYSTATION 3 Network titles can be played under PSP [Remote Play] under Game. The PSP is then used as a monitor for any game playable in Playstation 3 game console.

*Real, Quicktime, and WMV audio and video codecs are now supported. Real, Quicktime, and WMV audio and video codecs are now supported.

*PSP web browser has been updated to allow compatibility with current websites.

*[Adobe Flash Player 9] has been added as a feature, using the Memory Stick Pro Duo as flash memory.

http://www.n4g.com/News-119425.aspx

Accordion
March 11th, 2008, 20:55
too good to be true?

stevo11185
March 11th, 2008, 20:58
too good to be true?

I saw this on a french site about 1 week ago. It also said that firmware 4.0 would add go messenger to USA/Japan psp's

Flash 9 is quite possible since psptube uses a flash player to [play movies.

However i doubt these claims since apple are not likely to give liscencing rights to sony, a rival especially since ipod touch/phone uses mp4/mov (i think so)

DPyro
March 11th, 2008, 20:59
This is old news and unconfirmed - merely rumors.

kjetil1991
March 11th, 2008, 21:00
too good to be true?

yeah maybe:D

mike03$$$
March 11th, 2008, 21:04
even though a rumor OMG!!!!.... i like the flash memory ram to memory stick lets see if we can implement that into a emulator And ps3 network titles time to return my dazzle capture card (matter fact ill keep it)

stevo11185
March 11th, 2008, 21:06
more rumours from the original website

Music

* More visuals has been added as a feature. More visuals has been added as a feature.

Video

* Real, QuickTime, and WMV audio and video codecs are now supported. Real, QuickTime, and WMV audio and video codecs are now supported.

* RSS [Video Streaming] has been added as a feature. RSS [Video Streaming] has been added as a feature.

* [Color Configuration] has been added as a feature. [Color Settings] has been added as a feature.

* Recording has been added as a feature under Audio and Video RSS Streaming. Recording has been added as a feature under Audio and Video Streaming RSS.

802.11g support has been added as a feature. <------- LOL WUT?
-- [Auto Connect] has been added as a feature <------- auto connect? o.o

http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pspgen.com%2Fmodules. php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D6284&langpair=fr|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8 for anyone that wants the original website

acn010
March 11th, 2008, 21:12
quite possible... i may say

CaptainMorgan4
March 11th, 2008, 21:14
All these new features sound great, hopefully some of these are real.

Veskgar
March 11th, 2008, 21:22
No DivX though huh? Damn!

Well, Go!Messenger would be cool as well as the added Remote Play stuff. Either way, its nice to see SONY stuff as many features as possible into the PSP's firmware.

stevo11185
March 11th, 2008, 21:30
No DivX though huh? Damn!

Well, Go!Messenger would be cool as well as the added Remote Play stuff. Either way, its nice to see SONY stuff as many features as possible into the PSP's firmware.

is there even a BT in USA?

NoQuarter
March 11th, 2008, 21:45
I thought Divx was already added?!?

What I really want is full remote play support, then I'll actually have time to play tekkendr online... at work,lol.

gunntims0103
March 11th, 2008, 21:58
Seems like good progress on Sonys part. Hopefully its true. Anyone think the addition of Flash9 is due in some part to psp tube?

stevo11185
March 11th, 2008, 22:00
http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6284 for original page....sorry youll have to use google translate........french to english

I thought Divx was already added?!?

What I really want is full remote play support, then I'll actually have time to play tekkendr online... at work,lol.

also another rumour
The Network PLAYSTATION 3 games can be played on the PSP via [Remote Play]. The PSP becomes a screen for all games of PSN.

Seems like good progress on Sonys part. Hopefully its true. Anyone think the addition of Flash9 is due in some part to psp tube?

i did say that ^^

[Shockwave Player] has been added. <--- another rumour which seems false

bish
March 11th, 2008, 22:33
reckon they'll run out of space on the phat psp for firmware? i hope not. was waiting for divx support too

darkness angel 777
March 11th, 2008, 22:36
I'd like to see flash player 9 in it

acn010
March 11th, 2008, 22:38
reckon they'll run out of space on the phat psp for firmware? i hope not. was waiting for divx support too
it may be psp slim exclusive...
since the psp phat has stopped using newer functions
like skype

stevo11185
March 11th, 2008, 22:44
it may be psp slim exclusive...
since the psp phat has stopped using newer functions
like skype

stopped using newer functions?

The psp phat apparently cant handle skype, even though go messenger has call/video and text which basically is the same.

But yes, i do agree that it might be possible for it to be slim exclusive, but psptube runs just fine on a phat psp.

gamefreak199101
March 11th, 2008, 22:49
stopped using newer functions?

The psp phat apparently cant handle skype, even though go messenger has call/video and text which basically is the same.

But yes, i do agree that it might be possible for it to be slim exclusive, but psptube runs just fine on a phat psp.

just remember everyone, the flash player will be using the memory stick as the source

Rbman
March 11th, 2008, 22:58
using the Memory Stick Pro Duo as flash memory.

http://www.n4g.com/News-119425.aspx

uh memory stick pro duo IS FLASH MEMORY, this is obviously fake. It was posted awhile ago saying 4.0 would come out on feb 31, which cant(and obviously didn't) happen cuz there aren't 31 days in febuary. It was just some joke

DarthPaul
March 11th, 2008, 23:04
Holycrap if this is true, the PSP will be the best device ever. I'd take it everywhere! And I mean everywhere! To the shower, to the toilet, to the backyard, to the pool... AHH sounds too good!

Nikolaos
March 11th, 2008, 23:27
Wouldn't flash player 9 allow us to have youtube and such in our psp browser :O, as for the other updates.. Useless

No_one_in_particular
March 12th, 2008, 00:09
too good to be true?
That's what I was thinking.

If it does turn out to be true, I gotta give credit where credit's due - that's a bloody great update. :)

Tetris999
March 12th, 2008, 00:14
its possible yet its just too good to be true

and sounds like most of this is bogus because the said the psp didnt support /g wireless and thats because (what i know) of hardware problems

seriously, how would they be able to fix it with software?

one bogus point leads to another, im not saying it wont happen but i highly doubt it

ish420ism
March 12th, 2008, 00:53
About time, If true.
Divx and Xvid anyone???

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 00:57
I can't believe ANYONE is believing this. It's so false that it's laughable.

Cloudy

jamotto
March 12th, 2008, 01:04
I'd like to see this magical 802.11b to 802.11g upgrade via firmware update myself that the article talks about.

andwhyisit
March 12th, 2008, 01:18
Even if most of it turns out to be false, a flash 7 or higher player is one of the things I would love to see on a psp. Curveball on PSP anyone? :D

Panda Bear K
March 12th, 2008, 01:31
I need new pants....

DarthPaul
March 12th, 2008, 01:41
I can't believe ANYONE is believing this. It's so false that it's laughable.

Cloudy

Well, prove us wrong then. I believe such things until some other source says the contrary. And your post was the laughable thing in my opinion.

Darthy

andwhyisit
March 12th, 2008, 01:49
Look up rumour 2, it seems more realistic and like something that sony would write:
http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6284
Google translation (http://www.google.com/translate?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pspgen.com%2Fmodules. php%3Fname%3DNews%26file%3Darticle%26sid%3D6284&langpair=fr|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8)

[Go! Messenger]* has been added as a feature under [Network]
[Date & Time] menu has been added
[Organizer] has been added as a feature under [Date & Time]
Danish and Norsk languages have been added
The ability to customize the volume bar and battery meter under [Theme Settings] have been added
The ability to create and edit playlists under [Photo] and [Music] have been added

*requires headset microphone (sold separately)

Though disappointing in comparison it looks like it might be the real deal. The playlist thing would be cool but I doubt I will use it.

mike_jmg
March 12th, 2008, 01:58
this really sounds too good to be true

mike_jmg
March 12th, 2008, 02:13
Darthy

LOL :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

anteopimp
March 12th, 2008, 04:22
DivX would be like... all I would ever need for the PSP :P

andwhyisit
March 12th, 2008, 05:43
Aaannd everyone misses my post. Joy. *sarcasm*

kyyubidx
March 12th, 2008, 08:30
@andwhyisit don't worry i read your post...

and rumour2 sounds much more realer than the first one... But I though DivX playback was a guaranteed update... Guess $ony curvedball me AGAIN...

b8a
March 12th, 2008, 08:31
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

*Oh* *my* *goodness*!!! Best laugh I've had all year! The PSP scene may be quieting down, but it's good to see that it can still generate jokes so obsurd that they make me bust my gut. Thanks Wraggster!

ish420ism
March 12th, 2008, 08:43
????Is it April already????

Sterist
March 12th, 2008, 11:26
i wish there were no such thing as rumors.

gunntims0103
March 12th, 2008, 11:34
Yea, im starting to think all this is fake as well. At least we have PSP Tube, which can hold me until Sony wises up and adds Flash9 to the PSP.

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 12:15
Well, prove us wrong then. I believe such things until some other source says the contrary. And your post was the laughable thing in my opinion.

Darthy

I could go into an in depth analysis of why I think this is false, but frankly I shouldn't need to. I'll just post one thing that should instantly send up a "red flag" that this is false.

*[Adobe Flash Player 9] has been added as a feature, using the Memory Stick Pro Duo as flash memory.

'Nuff said. And if you can't see why that is false, then it's not my job to convince you :)

And another thing, many people have questioned the validity of this, but you have a habit of jumping on me. Like I've said before - if you don't like my posts, feel free to ignore them, rather than "flame baiting".

Cloudy

acn010
March 12th, 2008, 15:48
meh... who knows if its real... but will know soon enough when the day comes

wwboy
March 12th, 2008, 16:05
I dont believe it
if it was true nobody would know anything about it, because its going to take months before its finished

pspmodel1001
March 12th, 2008, 16:11
What the f*** is Auto Connect for?:confused:

acn010
March 12th, 2008, 16:14
probably when you lost connection on wi fi, the psp will reconnect again so you wont go on such procedures to connect yourselve

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 16:15
What the f*** is Auto Connect for?:confused:

Probably auto connecting to wireless as soon as it turns on. Which would be retarded, because it's a portable device. It's one of the reasons that this list is very implausible.

Edit: acn010's guess is much more plausible :)

I dont believe it
if it was true nobody would know anything about it, because its going to take months before its finished

It's true that no-one would know about it, but not necessarily months before they'd be finished. Skype references for the PSP were found ages before it was actually released - so it was worked on in secret.

Cloudy

omracer
March 12th, 2008, 16:18
Holycrap if this is true, the PSP will be the best device ever. I'd take it everywhere! And I mean everywhere! To the shower, to the toilet, to the backyard, to the pool...

:rofl: i use my psp while in the bath.

Anyway i could be fake OR it could be real.
If its real please hope Dark Alex makes an M33 Version. Sadly the flash palyer 9 is already out of date since adobe flash player 10 is out.

Lets hope its true though:thumbup:

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 16:24
If its real please hope Dark Alex makes an M33 Version.

Being 4.00 it'll probably have a big feature, so there'd doubtless be an M33 version :) Just a shame that rumours are seldom true. Especially ones as stupidly written as this.

Cloudy

acn010
March 12th, 2008, 16:31
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y128/acn010/funny-pictures-cat-punches-dog.jpg
wkae up people!!! dont get all excited, it is just a rumor...

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 16:33
Those images are getting more than a little annoying :p

Cloudy

acn010
March 12th, 2008, 16:41
i kinda noticed too.. ill stop . . . . now....
well anyways... where did the rumor got spread???

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 16:46
Well, originally at psp-gen, then bounced through n4g, then posted here :p You know, usual site chains of news.

Cloudy

ojdon
March 12th, 2008, 16:47
Ah... Rumors... don't we get this every year about new firmware features that always turn out to be a hoax.

(Oh and I'm not to sure if I'm late or not, should really be doing coursework instead, so I haven't had to read the 5 other pages.)

omracer
March 12th, 2008, 16:56
this IS fake since adobe don't have any info about this
but while i was there somthnig really intresting cam up about the flash player on the psp
Link:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/devices/psp.html

acn010
March 12th, 2008, 17:04
Ah... Rumors... don't we get this every year about new firmware features that always turn out to be a hoax.

(Oh and I'm not to sure if I'm late or not, should really be doing coursework instead, so I haven't had to read the 5 other pages.)

well there was the rumor about skype for psp... everyone thought it was a hoax... till like now.... lol
so huge chances that the rumor on nsome part can be true, not all the features though

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 17:07
well there was the rumor about skype for psp... everyone thought it was a hoax... till like now.... lol
so huge chances that the rumor on nsome part can be true, not all the features though

That rumour had substance though - there was a reference in one of the firmware files to a skype_plugin. With these though, no such corroboration exists.

Cloudy

pspmodel1001
March 12th, 2008, 19:26
Those images are getting more than a little annoying :p

Cloudy

Although I like them, They are.:)

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 19:28
Although I like them, They are.:)

Well, you can't beat lolcats!

Interesting sidenote, if these ARE true, and it IS to be released on the 18th - it'd be like a birthday to me. Because it is my birthday on the 18th :D

Cloudy

acn010
March 12th, 2008, 19:31
too early to be released???

No_one_in_particular
March 12th, 2008, 20:13
Is there an official release date for firmware 4.0 ?

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 20:16
Is there an official release date for firmware 4.0 ?

No, only this rumoured 18th March.

Cloudy

No_one_in_particular
March 12th, 2008, 20:35
Ah right. Won't be holding my breath, like.

dark heart
March 12th, 2008, 23:31
NO WAY! flash 9 and real!

Buddy4point0
March 13th, 2008, 01:04
omg!
yes!!!!
i can't wait!
if these are true, finally, about time sony.
yes! 4.0 will be awsomeeeee

jurkevicz
March 13th, 2008, 02:40
I hope it's released on the 18th!

andwhyisit
March 13th, 2008, 05:34
Obviously only 1 person here other than myself has even looked at rumour 2:

[Go! Messenger]* has been added as a feature under [Network]
[Date & Time] menu has been added
[Organizer] has been added as a feature under [Date & Time]
Danish and Norsk languages have been added
The ability to customize the volume bar and battery meter under [Theme Settings] have been added
The ability to create and edit playlists under [Photo] and [Music] have been added

*requires headset microphone (sold separately)
http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=6284

This one is so obviously Sony its not funny. So no flash 9 or any other "too good to be true" feature, just another boring update.

Oh and google translate time:

What is interesting to see is that the first rumor was dropped "dramatically" on the official forums (which is understandable).

But on the second rumor... The person in question was immediately banished, and some of these posts have been immediately moderates... Bizarre not.

Sony is trying to hide something?

But like last time very few people will actually read this post.

Cloudhunter
March 13th, 2008, 12:17
But like last time very few people will actually read this post.

I read it too. I still think that even that rumour is false. I also don't agree with pspgen's statement that Sony is trying to hide something... I mean, comeon... If you get fed up of people posting false rumours, what you gonna do?

Cloudy

titch.ryan
March 13th, 2008, 13:00
if this was actually true it would be a worthwhile update.

CaptainMorgan4
March 13th, 2008, 20:17
Yeah Sony would be really stepping it up with this update, but just saying that makes me lean towards it being too good to be true.

andwhyisit
March 14th, 2008, 01:15
I read it too. I still think that even that rumour is false. I also don't agree with pspgen's statement that Sony is trying to hide something... I mean, comeon... If you get fed up of people posting false rumours, what you gonna do?

Cloudy
Yeah but it actually sounds like a Sony 4.00 update. :rofl:

AdamRav
March 20th, 2008, 14:43
All i can say is lol at all the people who got there hopes up for nothing ......

doomvshalo
March 22nd, 2008, 13:27
well even if they ar found to be fake then only fellow programmers will probable make the hacks but hope sony does make it,there doing good with their latest updates,i just hope they can keep bringing decent updates for dark alex to hack.lol.sony,dark alex rocks,without either my psp would just be a brick.lol

Rokard111
May 17th, 2008, 22:02
wow, the memory stick flash storage is what im counting on to be true...

AvengedSevenfold Fan
May 18th, 2008, 05:56
And of course...the famous "security patches", which in this case, will be a program that will set firmware files initiate a self destruct sequence of Dark_AleX's computer upon opening.

osa2k8
May 18th, 2008, 11:42
more rumours from the original website

Video

* Real, QuickTime, and WMV audio and video codecs are now supported. Real, QuickTime, and WMV audio and video codecs are now supported.

I'll be well supprised (and impressed) if this is the case, very supprised, real and wmv on the psp seems very unlikely though.

If they can do that, then why not partner with Adobe and get acrobat reader on there too! (I know you can use Bookr, but come on, pdf reader built in would be sexy man!)