PDA

View Full Version : What brought you to DCEmu?

JKKDARK
March 11th, 2008, 22:13
I was just looking for homebrew Dreamcast stuff and then I decided to join :)

Triv1um
March 11th, 2008, 22:44
PSP things made me join.

(I needed help and decided to sign up :S)

SSaxdude
March 11th, 2008, 22:49
When I was searching for how to put movies on my PSP, I came across homebrew for PSP. I Googled "psp homebrew" and DCEmu came up on the first page.

Video_freak
March 11th, 2008, 23:47
Dude, you really need to stop making these threads over and over again. It really makes it seem like you have nothing better to do than stay on your computer on DCEmu all day. I don't want to offend you or anything, but it's kinda getting annoying...

beetroot bertie
March 12th, 2008, 00:04
I found this place after finding out that homebrew was possible on the DC. I was hoping to extend the life of the console and found the other dcemulation site first and that got me started with the mac tools and homebrew downloads. I htink the first things I tried were Nester DC and DreamSNES. I came here via a link on dcemulation and became members of both sites so I could continue to get the most out of my DC. Thanks to both sites and DC Evolution, I still do :D

JKKDARK
March 12th, 2008, 00:34
Dude, you really need to stop making these threads over and over again. It really makes it seem like you have nothing better to do than stay on your computer on DCEmu all day. I don't want to offend you or anything, but it's kinda getting annoying...

If you have a problem with my post, use the Report button.

Thank you.

Video_freak
March 12th, 2008, 00:43
Look, I don't feel like I need to report you for anything. This is the Off Topic forum, and you haven't done anything against the rules, but I was just wondering why you keep starting threads asking people how they got to DCEmu or why they stayed, etc. I'm not trying to bash you or anything, and I don't want this thread to go off topic either, so I'll just answer the question myself.

I came when PSP homebrew got big. I wanted to download files, so I joined.

ExcruciationX
March 12th, 2008, 02:47
Look, I don't feel like I need to report you for anything. This is the Off Topic forum, and you haven't done anything against the rules, but I was just wondering why you keep starting threads asking people how they got to DCEmu or why they stayed, etc. I'm not trying to bash you or anything, and I don't want this thread to go off topic either, so I'll just answer the question myself.

I came when PSP homebrew got big. I wanted to download files, so I joined.
I agree bro.

I came here just to look at the images of PSmonkey's emulator.

shadowprophet
March 12th, 2008, 09:40
And I must say, since the junk forums where closed off topic is the closest thing we have to a casual lobby to just chat or rant about anything we want.

The rules are slack in off topic. and as long as rules arent broken, anyone can chat about anything they really would like too, as often as one would like.

I use off topic in many similar ways as jkk does. shes done nothing wrong. I think it's just the popular consensus to hastle jkk.

which is sad, because. no one hastles me. where's my hastle action? :rolleyes:

people just dont love shadow, thats what it is :rofl::p

Anyway., I Came to dcemu searching for something I just knew, had to exist, The very second I saw the psp, I just knew it was perfect for emulation. I did a google search for psp emulation. and the rest is history :p

Failedartifact
March 12th, 2008, 11:11
Gamespot lost jeff. And I went searching for a better place for news. I was also looking into dreamcast homebrew.. this is a good website.

NoQuarter
March 12th, 2008, 11:22
I had seen snes on psp via swaploit and went looking,that search brought me here.The most convenient download setup in my opinion.Everything you need is right there on the left :P

My original searches brought up this and pspupdates, back then they had anonymous comments which really ticked me off.So I came here.
Not to knock QJ,after removing anon comments I think their site is great.

Cloudhunter
March 12th, 2008, 12:49
I really can't remember HOW I got here, but I remember that it was due to the PSP. I stay because it has all the news in one place, and aside from a couple members of the community it is a friendly place.

And as my post count will tell, I don't plan on leaving any time soon (sorry fella's :p).

Cloudy

Shrygue
March 12th, 2008, 19:11
Well, for me I was searching out for a Sega Genesis/Mega Drive emulator for my PSP and the Google results showed DCEmu UK as first choice and that's where I came in.

ganondorf
March 13th, 2008, 01:50
I was searching for n64 retexture packs and I brought me here to measolades sm64 pack.

ninja9393
March 13th, 2008, 02:59
I was searching for n64 retexture packs and I brought me here to measolades sm64 pack.

weren't you doing a super smash bros n64 pack a while back or am i thinking of someone else

ganondorf
March 13th, 2008, 13:26
weren't you doing a super smash bros n64 pack a while back or am i thinking of someone else

That was me. I actually started it back a month ago and its looking like sex on a beach. Im making a trailer video, when its finished I will show you guys and possibly a release.

ninja9393
March 13th, 2008, 22:07
That was me. I actually started it back a month ago and its looking like sex on a beach. Im making a trailer video, when its finished I will show you guys and possibly a release.

Cool, and uhhhh cool analogy lol

No_one_in_particular
March 14th, 2008, 01:28
I must have been Googling a PSP app, and as DCEmu never has any problems at being one of the first listed, I found it that way. Probably only joined up to be able to download the aforementioned app, but I soon came to realise it was probably about as good as I was going to get for a PSP community.

mike_jmg
March 14th, 2008, 01:48
Google was my guide
and I joined because I wanted to download some file
then I stayed because of the daily news, the forums and psp stuff

blackrave
March 15th, 2008, 03:32
As the great news site it is, I had been watching it for a few months, waiting for a downgrader. When it finally arrived, I immediately registered. My first post, I think, was asking for help because my PC wouldn't recognize my PSP (bad USB cable). The many nice members and the constant flow of news of homebrew kept me foruming.

DarthPaul
March 16th, 2008, 10:31
I was looking for PSP stuff and came here...

shes done nothing wrong.

Huuuhh? :confused:

Buddy4point0
March 16th, 2008, 16:30
Ipod Linux to psp homebrew, starting with PSMonkeys Iris