PDA

View Full Version : MAME4ALL beta1 released.

chui
March 12th, 2008, 19:08
http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/mame4all.png

- All games supported from mamegp2x 5.1, except NeoGeo games.
- Fixed black screen bug.
- Full FAZE Z80 integration.
- Samples support.
- Fixed sound bugs.
- Uncompressed ROMs and samples support.

More info and download at MAME4ALL home (http://chui.dcemu.co.uk/mame4all.html)

ripfire
March 12th, 2008, 19:15
Que Juegos Nuevos Soporta Esta Nueva Version?

chui
March 12th, 2008, 19:28
1102 roms supported.

Follow MameGP2X (http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/mame_gp2x.htm) for more info.

ripfire
March 12th, 2008, 19:30
Gracias Por La Info

Guaripolo
March 12th, 2008, 19:53
Woa iīll take a look on this.

thereīs a new mame4all by franxis based on the 0.37 b5. Do you think that it worth port it for dreamcast?

http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

EDIT Nš2: ŋdid games like outrun works?

gxb
March 13th, 2008, 00:21
GREAT!
The first Beta version !
I will try it later...

gxb
March 13th, 2008, 00:43
The picture shows "alpha 3"?

JKKDARK
March 13th, 2008, 01:03
Thanks for this new release, i wanted it :)

gxb
March 13th, 2008, 01:26
The emu says "PRESS B TO CONFIRM"
in fact ,you have to press A button to confirm

gxb
March 13th, 2008, 01:39
And "Cadilaces and Dinosaurs" and "Rockman" crash the emu.
Mmmm, the speed is the same as previous versions...Not fast enough for CPS games.

chui
March 13th, 2008, 09:11
I have played to C&D without problems, maybe it is your romset.

The speed for CPS1 is the same, i show it good using 80% CPUs, not?

Really now works more games (other like outrun) and solve a lot of bugs.

Christuserloeser
March 13th, 2008, 13:04
- All games supported from mamegp2x 5.1, except NeoGeo games.
- Fixed black screen bug.
- Full FAZE Z80 integration.
- Samples support.
- Fixed sound bugs.
- Uncompressed ROMs and samples support.

Thanks a lot for this new version! :)

Starscream
March 13th, 2008, 21:58
Oh that's great. I hope the compatibility is on par with the computer version of alpha 2. In my experience, a lot of roms didn't work on the DC then, although they were working on the windows version.

Guaripolo
March 13th, 2008, 22:28
Oh that's great. I hope the compatibility is on par with the computer version of alpha 2. In my experience, a lot of roms didn't work on the DC then, although they were working on the windows version.

most of the roms that didnīt work are related to insufficient memory.

Thereīs a question for chui: why mame canīt take advantage of pvr like the neo4all? is the way that mame handles the video?

chui
March 14th, 2008, 22:55
most of the roms that didnīt work are related to insufficient memory.

Thereīs a question for chui: why mame canīt take advantage of pvr like the neo4all? is the way that mame handles the video?
What games don't work exactly? Test mame4all for windows or linux before, and be careful with your romset, now system16 and others roms have changed.

The main reason is because neo4all have only one render and mame have a lot of renders. I spent some months to do the neo4all render :D

I think that only for 2 or 3 machines could be necessary this method, for example CPS1 or SYSTEM16. So the best solution will be to do new emulators for these machines.

gxb
March 15th, 2008, 02:50
I think that only for 2 or 3 machines could be necessary this method, for example CPS1 or SYSTEM16. So the best solution will be to do new emulators for these machines.

So , will you do it ? CPS4ALL?

Guaripolo
March 15th, 2008, 02:54
What games don't work exactly? Test mame4all for windows or linux before, and be careful with your romset, now system16 and others roms have changed.

The main reason is because neo4all have only one render and mame have a lot of renders. I spent some months to do the neo4all render :D

i didnīt test this release, but i remember that in the previous alpha 2 games like rockman the power battle and street fighter zero didnīt work. I think that we need to make two things:

1) a romcenter dat with the working roms.
2) a compatibility list

Maybe a good idea is make a thread with working games, so anyone can send the game with comments and create a list.

About a cps1/cps2 emulator: can the neo4all source be a base to start coding a cps emu? or itīs just better to start from a gp2x/sdl emu and port it?

Thanks chui for your answers!

Dull Blade
March 16th, 2008, 04:30
So , will you do it ? CPS4ALL?

thats a little demanding isnt it, I wouldnt put pressure on the coders, programming is a long process and it would probably be alot of work. I'm not saying fox68k and chui wont attempt something like that, but they both have a lot of projects they're working on (and a social life)

gxb
March 16th, 2008, 09:22
thats a little demanding isnt it, I wouldnt put pressure on the coders, programming is a long process and it would probably be alot of work. I'm not saying fox68k and chui wont attempt something like that, but they both have a lot of projects they're working on (and a social life)

I'm sorry if I put any pressure on Chui .
I know that programming would cost the coder much time.
I am really sorry for what i said.
So , just forget it.

Christuserloeser
March 16th, 2008, 11:22
gxb: Chui already wrote that he plans working on CPS4All and "Sixteen4All" :)

Dull Blade: I think Chui and fox can speak for themselves. ;)

chui
March 17th, 2008, 16:57
We are not working on other emulators because we have much work with running projects for now, but we would like port final-burn using MMU someday.

For RetroMadrid 2009, i would like to release:

- GENS4ALL beta1 with sound and VDP rewritten using assembler; we hope that will run very close to fullspeed.
- PSX4ALL alpha1 with a new PVR/GL GPU and CPU dynamic recompiler rewritten.
- SNES4ALL alpha4/beta1: for the moment we will not rewrite all from ZSNES and will try to work with textures for 2D tiles and get better assembler for CPUs.

psykotine
March 18th, 2008, 15:17
Thanks a lot for this new version and your work on others emulators, don't give up!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Baboon
March 18th, 2008, 15:58
Great news! ..I'll have to dust off my dreamcast now. :)

I hope TTYman has spotted this and will consider porting it to PSP? :)

psykotine
March 18th, 2008, 21:00
I've some questions :

I would like how play with 2 players or 4 players ???

how make for the arcade stick was supported ???

zip games supported ???

chui
March 19th, 2008, 10:48
I've some questions :

I would like how play with 2 players or 4 players ???

how make for the arcade stick was supported ???

zip games supported ???

2/4 players is supported but only i have tested it with TMTN (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) game.

And i have a arcade stick and works only normal 6-buttons with button combination for insert coins (start+L) or exit main menu (start+R).

And about ZIP, it is supported but all romset is 580MB uncompressed, so you choose, i think that uncompressed roms are read more fast because a ZIP file needs read finish TOC per file incluyed at this ZIP file.

psykotine
March 20th, 2008, 01:03
ok thanks a lot Chui !!!!

DemoniusX
March 20th, 2008, 09:18
I love you,chui!
This emulator does run good. I was playing "King Of dragons" and noticed a Increase in speed and stability. You rule chui! This is something I been waiting for.Being the arcade addict and all :).

Dream Project
April 10th, 2008, 01:23
Has anyone tried out Shinobi, TMNT, Spin Master, Joe & Mac, and Joe & Mac Returns?

If TMNT (4 player version) runs at Full Speed I'll donate $40 to ya chui.........

& another $40 for Dungeons & Dragons: Shadow Over Mystara.

Does Secret of Mana & Mario RPG run at full speed on SNES4ALL? If so then $70 for both of them!!!

I love them that much!!!

Dream Project
April 10th, 2008, 04:46
P.S. Thanks for all ya time & effort chui!