PDA

View Full Version : Man grabs portable PlayStation from girl, 9

wraggster
March 12th, 2008, 21:16
A nine-year-old girl had her PlayStation Portable (PSP) snatched in Great Hollands, Bracknell, yesterday by a man who kicked her and ran off.

The youngster and her friend were walking near the shops in Ringmead, in the Green Hill area, at about midday.

They were approached from behind by a man who snatched the PSP and kicked the child in the leg.She was left shaken but unhurt.

The man is white, aged 16 to 18, 5ft 7in, and medium build. He has a tanned, clear complexion and was wearing a white Reebok hooded top with dark blue lining, dark blue Reebok jogging bottoms and white Reebok trainers.

http://www.getbracknell.co.uk/news/s/2023457_man_grabs_portable_playstation_from_girl_9

anteopimp
March 12th, 2008, 21:20
woww... pathetic. If I ever come across that guy believe someones gonna get an ass kicking.

stevo11185
March 12th, 2008, 21:36
woww... pathetic. If I ever come across that guy believe someones gonna get an ass kicking.

Yea ***got....i mean i can forgive him taking the psp, but kicking a girl of that age. Thats unforgivable

DarthPaul
March 12th, 2008, 21:41
What are two little children doing at that store alone, with a PSP in their hands? Knowing that the streets are full of criminals.

AdamRav
March 12th, 2008, 21:44
I bet it was a chav

If i ever do have my psp out in public, its always wrapped round my wrist, so if anyone does try anything, they wouldn't get very far

Avenyet
March 12th, 2008, 21:50
I bet it was a chav

If i ever do have my psp out in public, its always wrapped round my wrist, so if anyone does try anything, they wouldn't get very far

what do u mean u bet it was a chav do we even need to bet?

devdj
March 12th, 2008, 22:09
it could have been an emo dressed like a chav but if i ever came across someone like that i'd leave them lying in a ditch with there neck snapped

acn010
March 12th, 2008, 22:15
plain retarded kid... kicking a 9 year old girl.... he should be smacked

splodger15
March 12th, 2008, 22:43
Its not long before you have to start walking around tooled up protecting you and your stuff

JKKDARK
March 12th, 2008, 23:04
This guy is really gay. Kicking a 9 years old girl.. that's not normal.

Broadus
March 12th, 2008, 23:12
"She was left shaken but unhurt." Except for the kick in the leg. Apparently it wasn't that hard.
How do people like that come around? Stealing PSPs from little kids. He certainly wouldn't try it on anyone his own size.

Art
March 12th, 2008, 23:39
The man is white, aged 16 to 18, 5ft 7in, and medium build.
That's not a man, it's a bully.

mcdougall57
March 12th, 2008, 23:49

i just dont get it out in public :/ some sick ba***rds out there

No_one_in_particular
March 13th, 2008, 00:13
I bet it was a chav

Well it doesn't take a detective to work out it was a chav reading his clothing description. :p

Whether you're a 9 year old or 90 year old, chav scum like this won't hesitate to mug/assualt/kill you. I wish they'd all just **** off and die. Worthless ****ers who've long since forfeited their right to a friendly society imo.

BelmontSlayer
March 13th, 2008, 00:46
I read the word "chav" and had to think for a minute...I know most british slang, but this one went right past me. Thanks to wikipedia, I now know the meaning. In the US we call them wiggers or gangster/gangsta. People like this need to be put in jail instead of paying small fines...

Cloudhunter
March 13th, 2008, 02:10
Some people are just sick...

Cloudy

jurkevicz
March 13th, 2008, 02:42
that kid need to get his b@lls cut off.

Panda Bear K
March 13th, 2008, 04:11
when Reebok viral marketing goes wrong.

Tatsuryuken
March 13th, 2008, 05:03
omg sonic stole that little girl's psp

malgora
March 13th, 2008, 05:50
that guy needs a new head, what couldnt he afford a psp or somehign, what a pussy, a little hard work and he coulda had his pwn, he needs to grow some balls say sorry to the girl and give her psp back. .... well thats only half of what i would make him do atleast

Dbgtgoten
March 13th, 2008, 06:54
its messed up he had all that reebok shit you think if someones gonna rob they are gonna be those people with no name brand shit but no this kid must have had money he was just a scumbag looking for a easy target or perhaps he stole those reebok shit earlier that day ****ing people can never be safe out there x_X

rbervoets
March 13th, 2008, 08:15
Dudes... it was in holand...

what do you expect?

newb_fo_life
March 13th, 2008, 09:01
Well its wrong to hit girls at all if your a boy,but this guy is a teenager,wow thats low

AdamRav
March 13th, 2008, 10:32

what do you expect?

He was probably high on some stuff then

If you know what i mean

haha

.:}<3\/!}\{:.
March 13th, 2008, 16:34
How lame can this guy get.......kicking a 9 year old girl.........:(

No_one_in_particular
March 13th, 2008, 17:43
:D That's pretty funny...if you're joking, that is.

a little hard work and he coulda had his pwn
He's most likely dole-scum anyway, who'll never do a single days hard work in his lifetime.

crazyhare
March 13th, 2008, 18:28
If the police can be a*sed catching him - he'll most likely get a slap on the wrist, maybe 3 months bed and board, if he's a repeat offender...

It'd be interesting to see what he'd get for violently assaulting a child and theft elsewhere...

tutting
March 13th, 2008, 19:22
If the police can be a*sed catching him - he'll most likely get a slap on the wrist, maybe 3 months bed and board, if he's a repeat offender...

You're so right, our justice system suxx a$$! :mad:

Time to bring back national service (OMG i sound like my parents) :p

domthegod
March 13th, 2008, 21:43
I Think theres alot of difference between "Chavs" and "Gangsters/G's

Chavs do this sort of thing because they Want Too.

Gangsters/G's do it because thay need too.

Only steeling not the kicking bit "wrong"

Phallica
March 13th, 2008, 22:12
Christ, i wish i had even have been hoofed one for my troubles, instead of leaving my PSP on a bus, only to be nicked by some random smackhead, no doubt.

The ****ING thieving animals.

And stop playing your ultra shit 'music' on buses too, you may think nobody minds because they aren't saying anything about it, but it's mainly because most people are too polite.
It sounds tinny, and its ****ING shit, get a life.

Shadowblind
March 13th, 2008, 22:20
OMGZ!!! This must mean that all gamers are 2 bit criminals and that manhunt 2 taught them to steal from little girls!

ban videogames!!!!!111one

lol, had a Thompson moment there. Anyway, the PSP motto says it all: Dude, get your own.

antman811
March 14th, 2008, 00:42
Wow, what a bastard! It's sad that things like this happen.

djbrotherson
March 14th, 2008, 14:30
It's the parents fault really. YES it is pretty sad that someone had to jack up a 9 year old but seriously, in today's day and age... A little 9 year old FEMALE playing with a $150+ hi-tech Sony gadget walking around outside without any adult supervision? They're lucky only the PSP got stolen.

No_one_in_particular
March 16th, 2008, 17:18
Nah I'm pretty sure it's the attackers fault. So owning a PSP is now asking to be attacked ? What about mobiles ? Bikes ? The day you start shifting the blame from these tossers, is the day we're all ****ed.

Most 9 year olds are allowed to play outside unsupervised, I know I certainly was. I'd even go as far as to say THAT would bad parenting, as you're essentially robbing the kid of probably some of the best days of their life, for what ? On the off chance they're attacked by some dickhead ? Nah, sorry don't agree with you at all on that one.

djbrotherson
March 16th, 2008, 17:59
Nah I'm pretty sure it's the attackers fault. So owning a PSP is now asking to be attacked ? What about mobiles ? Bikes ? The day you start shifting the blame from these tossers, is the day we're all ****ed.

Most 9 year olds are allowed to play outside unsupervised, I know I certainly was. I'd even go as far as to say THAT would bad parenting, as you're essentially robbing the kid of probably some of the best days of their life, for what ? On the off chance they're attacked by some dickhead ? Nah, sorry don't agree with you at all on that one.

Buddy, I said it's mostly the parents fault. It doesn't matter if you don't agree. The bottom line is these kinds of problems 99% of the time can be prevented when there's adult supervision. If you let your child walk the streets with a hi-tech piece of equipment with no supervision, that is a bad call on the parents behalf.

If you let your 9 year old girl wonder the streets, PSP or no PSP, you're a dumbass.

No_one_in_particular
March 16th, 2008, 18:26
But it ISN'T mostly the parents fault, so YES it does matter. At 9 year old, I didn't know any one my age who couldn't play out on the streets, as long as our parents knew where we were and that we hadn't gone too far. None of the article suggests that the girl was doing anything other than what most 9 year old kids can.

As I say, a top of the range bike would cost equal, if not more, than a PSP, and people have been buying those for their kids for decades.

I think you're misjudging how much time a parent has to spend on their kid, quite frankly. If I was only allowed to play out as a kid, when adults were supervising, I would have had a very boring childhood.

Honestly, it's a knee-jerk reaction. One 9 year old girl gets attacked, so all parents who allow their 9 year old kids to play out (within reason) are morons ? That's bollocks in my honest opinion.

djbrotherson
March 16th, 2008, 19:01
9 year old girls shouldnt be walking on the streets with no adult supervision. I'd value my childs life and well being so either I can see them when I look out my window or I know their is a responsible adult watching them. You wouldn't leave your 9 year old at home alone would you?

No_one_in_particular
March 16th, 2008, 19:16
9 year old girls shouldnt be walking on the streets with no adult supervision. I'd value my childs life and well being so either I can see them when I look out my window or I know their is a responsible adult watching them. You wouldn't leave your 9 year old at home alone would you?
Says who ? So any parent who allows their 9 year old kid out on the streets automatically doesn't value their child's life ? My parents cared a ****-load about me, enough to give me, as a 9 year old, some freedom, instead of ostracising me from my peers through blatant over-protectiveness. Playing out with friends around shops is a world away from leaving a kid alone at home, so can't really see what you're getting at with that one.

djbrotherson
March 16th, 2008, 19:47
Says who ? So any parent who allows their 9 year old kid out on the streets automatically doesn't value their child's life ? My parents cared a ****-load about me, enough to give me, as a 9 year old, some freedom, instead of ostracising me from my peers through blatant over-protectiveness. Playing out with friends around shops is a world away from leaving a kid alone at home, so can't really see what you're getting at with that one.

I never said anything about being "ostracisized" from your peers, I said there was no SUPERVISION. I don't know where you're from man, whether or not you grew up in a suburb or whether you grew up in an urban area but EVERY parent should take responsibility for their young children. Any parent who allows their 9 year old kid out on the streets with no supervision is acting irresponsibly and are not taking into account the dangers and risks of doing so. This is a persons life and I believe safety is a bigger concern than giving a child "freedom". I never said they couldnt have any. If you're trying to convince me that leaving a 9 year old girl unsupervised is okay then you are not fit to be a parent. Better SAFE than SORRY and if you don't understand that then it makes sense why you don't agree. All I'm saying is 90% of these situations is because no adult was around. Same thing with that other kid who got jacked drive by styles playing his PSP outside at night. I guarantee you 9 times outta 10 if their parents or adult was keeping an eye on their child, they wouldn't have been jacked.

No_one_in_particular
March 16th, 2008, 20:05
I never said anything about being "ostracisized" from your peers, I said there was no SUPERVISION.
Yes, but that's exactly what happens when a 9 year old kid is the only one not allowed to play outside on a street.

I don't know where you're from man, whether or not you grew up in a suburb or whether you grew up in an urban area but EVERY parent should take responsibility for their young children.
I'm from England, where the girl's from. How are they not taking responsibility for their children ? An average 9 year old is fully capable of being able to play outside on the nearby street.

Any parent who allows their 9 year old kid out on the streets with no supervision is acting irresponsibly and are not taking into account the dangers and risks of doing so.
So just about every parent then ? There wasn't a kid around where I lived who couldn't play outside at 9 year old. I don't know about you , but the dangers were made perfectly clear long before I was 9, and I knew exactly what to do if the very unlikely situation occurred.

This is a persons life and I believe safety is a bigger concern than giving a child "freedom".
Which is a perfect example of over protectiveness. The girl's nine year old, and she's still not allowed out the house without an adult watching her ? Are you serious ?!

I never said they couldnt have any. If you're trying to convince me that leaving a 9 year old girl unsupervised is okay then you are not fit to be a parent.
WITHIN REASON. I was allowed on familiar nearby streets at 9, where my parents could always reach me if needed be. You're sounding unfit to be a parent to be truthful, how old does a kid have to be before you have enough confidence in the child

Better SAFE than SORRY and if you don't understand that then it makes sense why you don't agree.
There's a point when you're just being unfair to your child. Again, how old does the kid have to be before you allow him the privilege that every other of his/her mates have ?

All I'm saying is 90% of these situations is because no adult was around.
Then you haven't a clue what some chavs are capable of. There's been numerous cases where a chav's murdered an adult, you'd know that if you lived here.

Same thing with that other kid who got jacked drive by styles playing his PSP outside at night.
If you're on about the one I'm thinking, the 'kid' was THIRTEEN, and it's wasn't night, he was minding his own business on a street in daylight.

djbrotherson
March 16th, 2008, 20:19
LOL

I'm unfit to be a parent for over protecting my child? When you're the one saying let 9 year olds play on the streets unsupervised? If there was any pedos here, they would wanna know where you live.

No_one_in_particular
March 16th, 2008, 20:27
Yes. You do realize there's a difference between protecting and over protecting, right ? I mean, **** me, you must live in some gangland if you can't comprehend letting a NINE YEAR OLD out on a nearby street, where there parents can easily reach them whilst still being given the freedom an average 9 year should be.

Shadowblind
March 16th, 2008, 21:15
Excuse me for interjecting, but....no. Cease the matchsticks before they become flamethrowers.

It doesn't matter who you are or what YOU do, or what your CHILD does or otherwise. Its the pathetic people in this pathetic world we live in. If there were no psp stealing ***holes there wouldn't even be this thread or this problem.

No_one_in_particular
March 16th, 2008, 21:39
That's pretty much what I was getting at. The blame lies solely on the thief, and not the parents in this case, which I feel have done nothing wrong. I'm prepared to leave it there...