PDA

View Full Version : PSP-Maps 0.3

royale
March 13th, 2008, 02:41
I have just released a new version of PSP-Maps which adds a few features:

A menu...
... from where you can load/save favorites!
Some nicer effects (zoom/unzoom, fade in/out, scrolling).
Removed the ugly splash screen ;)

http://royale.zerezo.com/psp/psp-maps.png

The new version and source code are available on my website: http://royale.zerezo.com/psp/

Please let me know what you think of it!

Art
March 13th, 2008, 03:55
No luck for me on 3.03 OE.
Gets stuck at "LOADING..." screen and wifi LED stays on
and doesn't blink.
I can still exit with the HOME button, so the PSP isn't crashed.
I'll have to try a web based one, but I like this idea much more.

PSP Tube doesn't work for me either, so maybe my firmware is funny with it.
Cheers, Art.

anteopimp
March 13th, 2008, 05:04
For a PSP Slim FW 3.90 m33-2 it works in the GAME380 folder :).

elefas
March 13th, 2008, 09:15
I haven't updated since 0.1, This version seems much more better than the first one. Great! And thanks for sharing the source code!

bmanic
March 13th, 2008, 21:44
Would it be possible to make the PSP actually store the images onto the memory stick? I would love to be able to browse the maps offline as you don't usually have wi-fi in a car or while walking with the dog.

Cheers!
bManic

deniska
March 14th, 2008, 00:10
Would it be possible to make the PSP actually store the images onto the memory stick? I would love to be able to browse the maps offline as you don't usually have wi-fi in a car or while walking with the dog.

Cheers!
bManic
why not use mapThis!?

deniska
March 14th, 2008, 00:31
BTW, it's nice to see an SDL implementation of a map viewer. I actually wrote a first version mapThis in SDL, but I guess, back then PSP-SDL was much less stable - it kept crushing due to a memory leak during image de-alocation...

royale
March 14th, 2008, 13:46
Would it be possible to make the PSP actually store the images onto the memory stick?

Well, this is one of the top requests I receive, with the possibility the search for a specific address :)
I will try to work on these two features for the next releases.

hokk
March 14th, 2008, 18:53
Great release, this one fixed all bugs i knew of! It would be nice if I could be able to turn of the 'zoom' function (its cool, but if you browse around a lot it can get a bit disturbing :P) and the 'loading' message (have solved this by renaming loading.png) in an options menu.

elefas
March 14th, 2008, 20:59
I think that maps.google.com uses 2007 satellite photos (as the watermark says) while psp-maps uses 2006 photos at least at some places that interest me (More detail and more zoom in capability). Maybe in the next releases it would be nice to point psp-maps to download the latest satellite photos.

I have observed that maps.google.com downloads satellite scenery from kh0.google.com, kh1.google.com, kh2.google.com and kh3.google.com while psp-maps only from kh0.google.com (as the source code implies). Maybe this is the reason for outdated satellite photos?

My congrats again for this excellent application, I use it all the time! :)

Ok, I found out how to change the level of detail. ;)