PDA

View Full Version : EA, The other microsoft...

shadowprophet
March 13th, 2008, 15:01
EA scares me, I see it very much in the same light that a lot of people see the movie tron. You have a mediocre product that somehow got the attention of the right people at the right time and hit the public relations lottery.

Lets face it, not so many years ago, EA wasn't really that great. They really didn't have any solid franchises, nothing memorable anyway.

Unless you count faceless rehashed sports title after faceless rehashed sports title.
Yet somehow this developer has grown into a corporation, rather, a force to be reckoned with.

Should we fear EA's presence in the gaming industry ? What happens when ea has its hand in everything, Are we looking at a future that will force an EA console down our throats?

Honestly, these are all questions, I'm sure some of you have thought about before.
With every buy out,every take over, it not only becomes this much huger corporation. but evolves. I submit that The EA we remember "is no longer" this mega huge corporation has grown into something that literally saturates the market.

But will it change the quality of our games? will our next bioshock force john madden mini games upon our television screens and into or gaming hearts?

I think it's safe to say as EA has grown, it has evolved past it's humble sports oriented beginnings.

As it grows, so do the resources and talent it has available to it.
Ultimately I think the only things that will change as time keeps on spinning into the future, is ''we may see the EA logo a lot more then we used too''. but ultimately I don't feel they wants to change gaming into something different. I think it just wants a bigger piece of the video game pie. We will still see our bioshocks and our halos, and our grand theft autos and I feel in game, little will change.

Really do we even care what software logo is branded on said title as long as the game is quality?

What's your take on EA buying out everything in sight?

acn010
March 13th, 2008, 15:54
EA was usually sport games..
i remember since i used to have the game gear.....
yes EA is kinda evolving in such manner that others did not... hey but the company is old (1994? i think)... so mostly im ok.

but what happened to the company AKKLAIM entertainment inc. ?
and people never thought about this... : imagnine when nintendo lost against sega... what systems would be owning today as a next gen system?

dejkirkby
March 13th, 2008, 16:58
As much as EA does rehash endless sequels, in their fledging years they did release some great games such as The Immortal.

Triv1um
March 13th, 2008, 17:30
EA will take over the gaming industry.

When they do, we will only get the repetative generic crap that we are partly getting at the moment from them.

shadowprophet
March 13th, 2008, 17:36
EA will take over the gaming industry.

When they do, we will only get the repetative generic crap that we are partly getting at the moment from them.
I noticed moments ago, I missed your birthday thread bro. I'm always making oversites like that.

Albeit late, Happy birthday brother triv1um:cool:

Triv1um
March 13th, 2008, 18:12
Thanks dude :D

Ive pretty much only just recovered from my hangover :D 3 days later.

Awesome, thanks shades :D

DPyro
March 13th, 2008, 18:30
IMO Sony should buyout Take-Two so that they don't turn into EA. That would be a wise move ;)

JKKDARK
March 13th, 2008, 18:47
hey but the company is old (1994? i think)...

mm older.. 1982 ;)

mesosade
March 17th, 2008, 16:25
Windows should just buy EA. Then global Domination Will Be Complete.

JKKDARK
March 17th, 2008, 16:43
Windows should just buy EA. Then global Domination Will Be Complete.

Imagine all these EA games being exclusive to Xbox 360, that would be awesome (even with the generic sports games).