PDA

View Full Version : GT5 tournament starts next week

Shrygue
March 13th, 2008, 19:05
via Eurogamer (http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=94614)

Sony has announced plans to hold a Gran Turismo 5 Prologue tournament, with time trials set to take place at venues across the UK.

Entrants will be tasked with setting the fastest time over two laps on the London circuit. The fastest driver from each region will win a PlayStation 3 and a copy of GT 5 Prologue.

Other prizes will include GT5-branded racing helmets, Nike trainers, hoodies and keyrings. What no lanyards? Even if you're rubbish, you'll be entered in a prize draw just for taking part.

The fastest three regional winners will get to race each other in the final, and the GT5 Prologue UK Champion will be crowned at the launch event in London on 27th March - the same day the game comes out on PSN. The top prize has yet to be announced. Probably a massive telly or a real car or an Xbox 360. Probably not the last two.

Here's that list of regional events in full:

Region 1 - Gamestation Edinburgh
Region 2 - HMV Edinburgh
Region 3 - Zavvi Glasgow
Region 4 - Currys.digital Birmingham
Region 5 - Blockbuster Welling
Region 6 - GAME Nottingham
Region 7 - HMV London
Region 8 - Zavvi London
Region 9 - HMV Manchester
Region 10 - Zavvi Manchester
Region 11 - HMV Leeds

Sonicboy 101
March 13th, 2008, 19:07
Heh, I live in Notts - Maybe I'll go to GAME and enter. :p

kaffie
March 13th, 2008, 19:28
Dosn't go far enough South West for me

Triv1um
March 13th, 2008, 19:30
Urgh, all of those are good drives for me. :(

Shrygue
March 13th, 2008, 19:40
I bet the chosen HMV store in London will be the one on Oxford Street and the Virgin Megastore (or really Zavvi, garbage name in my opinion) that hosting the GT5 tournament is the one at Piccadilly Circus. Not totally sure on the locations of both but I think they're close enough guesses.