Type : TEST Yoshihiro 2.0
Coders : Yoshihiro

Contacts :

WEB : wab.com
IRC : #[email protected]

Note :

**** to all Lamerz who owns #WAB@Efnet and
claims to be US ....
We are not lame people who "hack" src from others...
We dont need brains ;)
They need a Brain (just one for them all will be enough) :
The Fake channel #wab on Efnet, fallchild the Fake Yoshihiro on Efnet,
CoreCz , MrMike ,sainticus and many others

How To :

!!! HOW use it !!!
Put your two folders on your games folders and run it .your game boot
and freeze your psps on white screen .after your psps shutdown it's
because your second eboot.pbp like on kxploit "From pspsdev team for psp 1.5"
is corrupted juste find teh 02000800 and replace the 08 by 01 for test in
the header of your elf it's easy but it's proof concept the psp 2.0 can read
the elf but in another format .

Greetingz :

PDX, Psp-Dev, PSPX, iND, Pixel8, Mrsiir, Nexis2600,THC "The Frenchie",Melo"From Gueux.be"
T!TAN, RZR, Korea2005, GNT, Syn[RJ], elz ,
L.A 44, NeoAyatoNantes.com, #maxconsole.net
and all our supporters at #wab and donators at wab.com.

Download Attatched

So to sum it up, they've discovered an exploit, it just needs to be worked on now.

Patience people...

indstr
August 24th, 2005, 16:12
it would help if they could speak ****ing english and use punctuation

alepus
August 24th, 2005, 16:13
wow this sounds incredible

alepus
August 24th, 2005, 16:18
it would help if they could speak ****ing english and use punctuation

ey **** you! these guys will probably be the guys who make homebrew on 2.0 possible. that a hell of an achievement

show some respect idiot

indstr
August 24th, 2005, 16:18
wow this sounds incredible

incredibly unintelligable.

is there some unspoken rule that good coders/hackers can't write instructions without sounding like 11 year olds?

indstr
August 24th, 2005, 16:20
ey **** you! these guys will probably be the guys who make homebrew on 2.0 possible. that a hell of an achievement

show some respect idiot

it won't be of any use if nobody can understand how to do it because they can't ****ing read it

wraggster
August 24th, 2005, 16:21
no flaming or ill just delete your posts

you have been warned

alex_dsnews
August 24th, 2005, 16:42
VERY misleading link to this thread on the PSP wiki... watch that bandwidth.

Cap'n 1time
August 24th, 2005, 17:21
Edit: this is very very simple. You can do it with a simple hex editor. I dont feel like dling 2.0 to test it, but i can tell you all what to do for this so you can try it on your own.

all you need is a hex editor (lots of free ones out there) and about 5 seconds of your time.

First you open a 1.5 eboot (not the one from the % folder)

second you can search for something that says 0200 0800 and simply chang it to 0200 0100 not sure if this works for everything. but its interesting. check it out. It wont take you but like 4 seconds anyway...

I guess this is supposed to make the game freeze, which means that the 2.0 firmware will allow the elf file to be read rather than just calling it bad.

So to explain what I think he was saying in proper english as some of you are assholes.

He is saying that if 2.0 users put this on their psp in the folder then the psp will crash on the white screen, rather than just calling the data corrupt. It might seem useless to some people, but Thats progress because it means that the PSP is actually trying to read the file.

This has been done before by some guy who created a folder called update and put a pbp file in it.

This is interesting because it seems when Sony created the update it seems they must have had kxploit in mind. So they made it crash when something was in the header.. Kind of stupid really, but it did throw people off.

Now then I am sure that ps2-dev.org is calling this useless but it was a nessicary stride twards launching homebrew on the 2.0 PSP.

here is the file converted for 1.5 . It includes a bak file for you to compare to the pbp if your interested. Even though this says its WAB's stupid warez launcher its not.. so no worries.

softgun
August 24th, 2005, 19:30

is there some unspoken rule that good coders/hackers can't write instructions without sounding like 11 year olds?

Actually if you take the time to read WAB's text, it's not all the unintelligible at all - it makes sense actually. If you're not sytactically savvy enough to use your brain just a little bit, then don't post comments like that. These guys could truly hack the 2.0, but ingrates like you are partly why dev's get so jaded.

poison2003
August 24th, 2005, 19:34
does thsi exploit actuly work or is it jsut bypassing something?

YourStillWithMe
August 24th, 2005, 20:03
I just thought that I should say that Alepus is right about one thing, show some respect people. If 2.0 gets cracked than it will make ALL of our lives easier and therefore wont have us debate whether or not to upgrade on future games that are coming out. Ever hear of Adobe or any other translator program? There are ways to translate foreign languages and stuff on the computer. Also I just wanted to say thank you to WAB for all your time and effort.

And i'm spent

P.S-I think this system is going to get hacked very soon. Just a few weeks ago someone recognized that it gets to the loading screen by loading a program in the update folder and calling an update 2.10 (non existent as of now. . .) and now this. I think this will be cracked in the next month or so.
But for all users-------Don't upgrade until YOU ARE SURE. I made 2 mistakes 1-upgrading my 2nd psp to a 1.52 (by mistake because id dint know about homebrew at the time) and 2-not being patient and upgrading that 1.52 to the Japense 2.0. . . haha

SoQb0nc5r
August 24th, 2005, 20:33
yup it crashes on the loading screeen (i have a v2, updated it 2 hours ago)

Cap'n 1time
August 24th, 2005, 23:05
yup it crashes on the loading screeen (i have a v2, updated it 2 hours ago)

fyi its supposed to. crashes are sometimes a good thing for exploiters.

Fetty
August 24th, 2005, 23:20

unless im mistaken his native language is french and im certain he wouldn't sound like an 11 year old if he posted in french... how about for your benefit he doesn't translate anything that way its intelligable

Zephyroth_drgs
August 25th, 2005, 00:56

show some respect idiot

agreed... ;)

Meshyf
August 25th, 2005, 19:25
Awesome job wab team

Cap'n 1time
August 25th, 2005, 23:09
Awesome job wab team

not really that awsome.. all they did was change one simple number haha. yes, interesting work none the less, but i think few people relize how increadibly simple this was. anyway, dont praise anyone over this... hell the dude with his little update filename exploit has done this before basically.

This will be kind of important in the future... but its not really anything to get terribly excited about.

You can do it yourself to see what a I mean.

First you open a 1.5 eboot (not the one from the % folder) with a hex editor.

second you can search for something that says 0200 0800 and simply chang it to 0200 0100 not sure if this works for everything. but its interesting. check it out. It wont take you but like 4 seconds anyway...

Valiant
August 25th, 2005, 23:29

stfu, I bet if english wasnt your primary language, people would say YOU would like an idiot to them too. SO SHUT UP you kid! I am pretty sure you couldnt even accomplish half of what they intend to do.

poison2003
August 26th, 2005, 07:20
has anyone tried this in a 1.52 psp? maybe it woudl work for it i woudl try it but i upgraded my psp to 2.0

MaxSMoke
August 26th, 2005, 10:18
The guy has a point, what's wrong with a tiny bit of proper english? I just love some of you attack him by showing even worse spelling and grammar then the orginal post. It's too funny! :)

But seriously, why hasn't someone tried to make some hacked firmware that can just bypass these problems completely? It seems like trying to hack firmware that is already in place is alot more difficult then just making your own firmware. All we really need is a slightly modified version of the 2.0 firmware with a backdoor for Homebrew access, but that still contains all of Sony's upgrades and v2.0 compatibility.

I suppose this might not be very legal, but then again, neither are emulators, loaders, and old-skool game clones.

Tomppa
August 31st, 2005, 14:40
Emulators are 100% legal, the games might not be. Well I still think to get your own firmware on it you have to hack the existing one to make it update into it...

cablio
September 2nd, 2005, 07:03
Meh. Consider this: the line they changed was actually an address of a function that is suppose to be called. Changing the address might forward to a data/uncallable function or just one function already done. Wich causes a cycle.

As far as I remember, when I edited my 1.50 update file and replaced "1.50" with "1.52", the PSP started loading, then decided the file is corrupted. I assume changing the line WAB did, causes crash in the system before the file is approved/unapproved completely.

According my HEX editor:
as characters
STX, NUL, BS, NUL (before change)
STX, NUL, SOH, NUL (after)

STX = Start of Text
BS = Bullsh!t... j/k BackSpace
SOH = Start of Header
So if these values are text (wich I doubt), the "approver" saw start of header and as we all know, the number of starts should be equal to the number of ends (brackets for an instance). If that's messed up - I guess it would crash.

That's just an example but I DO think it's address of a function. So WAB didn't do a good job imo. Whoever comes out with the hack/exploit - I respect him/her/them. But just for showing that changing data causes crash... I can cause a crash with a .BAT file.

hbk2005v1
September 2nd, 2005, 08:56
I thought the psp downgrader was suppose to come out 1st september its the 2nd now and no news nothing and what if these people are just wanting to ruin every 1's psp's have u seen there site stuff like how to kill a psp software u really trust them

Festizzio
September 3rd, 2005, 20:29
not really that awsome.. all they did was change one simple number haha. yes, interesting work none the less, but i think few people relize how increadibly simple this was. anyway, dont praise anyone over this... hell the dude with his little update filename exploit has done this before basically.

This will be kind of important in the future... but its not really anything to get terribly excited about.

You can do it yourself to see what a I mean.

Well, yeah, it was simple after it's already been discovered. If you're the person trying to figure out something like this, then obviously it isn't as "simple" before you find out what it is.

IndianCheese
September 4th, 2005, 20:19
ill tell you what im making a statement now and you can engrave it on my casket: if/when 2.00 is hacked i will never upgrade my psp again. no way.

jesper
September 4th, 2005, 20:20
me niether :)

IndianCheese
September 4th, 2005, 20:24
so do i need to hex edit the file to find this 02000800 he was talking about?

jesper
September 4th, 2005, 20:33
ohh i want the hack done...i want to play free games. IndianCheese ure a hell of a lwtter-writer in my opinion... :P

jesper
September 4th, 2005, 20:33
Letter*

IndianCheese
September 4th, 2005, 21:23
ohh i want the hack done...i want to play free games. IndianCheese ure a hell of a lwtter-writer in my opinion... :P

thanx...i have 3 platinum-rated essays on bookrags.com!