PDA

View Full Version : PSPMame r0.4 Fixed Versions

wraggster
August 25th, 2005, 07:30
tMK has released fixed versions - because of corruption- of 4 of his seperate Mame releases, the releases fixes are

Konami, Sega, Namco and Taito

Download them again here --> http://www.geocities.jp/pspmame/

LordVox
August 25th, 2005, 13:09
18 separate ols school arcade emulators. Joy!
Thanks for the fix!
The PSP is simply a masterpeice of emulation!

urherenow
August 25th, 2005, 17:49
I hate to be a party pooper, but Mame has been trademarked for a while now and this port is unauthorized. This guy needs permission from Aaron Guiles (the MAMEDev legal guy and one of the most fantastic minds in emulation IMHO).

Since Sony is so bent about homebrew on their system, I think that he won't get this permission.

MAME is one hell of a great project and getting it within the scope of $ony's hatred only puts the project in further danger. Again, I hate to say it but it has to go...

Shannon
August 25th, 2005, 21:01
Sorry bud..

Source can be found here. Yes right here (http://www.geocities.jp/pspmame/files/pspmame04_src.zip)

Unless your referring to the name which can be change easily. But the gp32 mame has been called Gp32mame for some time and I have not heard of any problems.

Shannon
August 25th, 2005, 21:02
On a less serious note. I'm confused about the fix released (dont read japanese). Best I can tell everything there is exactly the same as what I downloaded back on august 16th.

ataribob
August 26th, 2005, 15:19
You will need to download 8 of them

2 namcos'= N社系その2

2 Taito's= TT社系その2

2 sega =S社系その2
2 konami =K社系その2

urherenow
August 26th, 2005, 17:11
the GP makers aren't butt hurt over homebrew stuff on it. Sony is. The Mame name is trademarked and the source code, while freely available (so you can toy around with it as you please for your OWN use), is still copyrighted, so you still can't distribute unauthorised builds, AS PER THE CURRENT MAME LICENSE! MAMEDev wouldn't care if nobody bothered them ever, but there have been nasty exchanges before and they simply want to avoid trouble. If you love MAME so much (like I do!) you'd understand this and agree that it's best to keep it out of such a big spotlight. I never want to see the MAME project get destroyed...

ataribob
August 26th, 2005, 22:58
Mame will never die.
I would not worry about that

glac
February 10th, 2006, 22:19
Hi,

Do anyone know how to compile it. It can be on unix or cygwin. Just need to know what do I need installed to compile.

Thanks in advance.

glac