PDA

View Full Version : Completely stumped on my Phat 3.71m33-4 with 290 gps

karmalized
March 14th, 2008, 20:48
Hey there,

I am hoping some of you experts can help shed some light on a little problem I am having. I currently own two PSP's, a phat and a slim. Using the same 4g mem stick, I can run Mapthis with absolutely no problems on my slim version, but on my phat version, I get a USB ACC error, and the gps (sony 290) will never turn on. I am using Mapthis 0.52 and both my psp's are running the same 3.71 m33-4

I have been looking through this site for over a day and tried some of the tricks out there, including remapping the keys with IDstorage manager, I have dumped the .prx's, even though 0.52 shouldn't require them, and have run out of options.

I would like to get this working on my phat version, a I have the larger batteries and can take it on longer rides.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Nieko
March 14th, 2008, 20:53
Some people have reported that because of a faulty 0x0041 key, Map This! still didn't work. If this is the case, you could try to find a proper key somewhere (from a TA-079 PSP e.g.)

Otherwise you could buy a car adapter, so you can have it running from the car battery.

karmalized
March 14th, 2008, 21:00
Hey there,

Thanks for the reply. I had already redone the keys to ensure nothing there was wrong.

I just moved the maptthis folder into my ms/PSP/Game directory instead of the /Game373 directory and now it works perfectly on my phat system.

I can not believe that it worked, just doing that. I guess I do not know the difference between the /Game folder, the Game150 and the Game373 folders.

Nieko
March 15th, 2008, 09:30
It simply has to do with firmware versions. On a fat, you can have both 1.50 and e.g. 3.73 running. /PSP/GAME150 then uses 1.50 firmware, /PSP/GAME373 the 3.73 firmware.

What firmware /PSP/GAME uses depends on your FW settings (boot PSP with R trigger held).