PDA

View Full Version : Cloneing

xboxlord
May 8th, 2004, 17:40
If someone was able to make pc games, and say they made a game which was practicaly the same as a game on the xbox or ps2 which had not been released on the pc. That would make that game a clone?

:)

Im quite interested in game making and am thinking of learning how to do it. If i did make a game and it was classed as a clone would you lot be interested in testing it?

- Tom

WHurricane16
May 9th, 2004, 13:44
A "clone" is a game in the style of. Like say you create a game that plays and looks like Asteroids. That's a clone. Now, what's gets tricky is the fact that I wouldn't consider creating a game of today in such a fashion. You can take alot from a game from today and put it in your game, but there are so many intricacies in today's game it wouldn't technically be a clone. It would be a rip-off, but I'm not saying that in a bad way. Most games of today are rips of each other.

I hope I'm answering that somewhat. I think it's just my personal opinion, though.

xboxlord
May 11th, 2004, 17:30
Blunt but factual ;D

So it would be nearly impossible for me to clone a game, but it would be fine to create a game that is very similar and then put it online 4 u lot to download 4 free!

:)

curt_grymala
May 12th, 2004, 01:56
that would be cool. good luck with it.