PDA

View Full Version : StellaPSP V0.1 (Atari 2600 Emulator)

wraggster
August 25th, 2005, 18:46
Got a nice email when i just got home with a new emulator for the PSP, the emulator is an Atari 2600 emulator for the PSP which is a port of the rather great Stella Atari2600 emulator. The coder who ported it is called Aenea, heres whats in the readme:

This is a port of the Stella Atari 2600 emulator to the PSP. Original code by Bradford W. Mott, Stephen Anthony and Jeff Miller and many others. This PSP port was made by Alysa Habraken (aka Aenea). It's not very optimized and not all games run or at full speed. Some have a little flickering, but this will be resolved in upcoming versions.

Heres some shots

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/stella188.JPG

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/stella189.JPG

Ive made a v1.0 eboot and stuck it in the Zip and also you must read the instructions ive posted to get it to recognise roms :)

For a first release this is a great one ;)

Download from HERE --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/stellapsp.shtml

Shannon
August 25th, 2005, 20:42
Great!! Nice to see some american systems getting some attention. I'm a big Atari fan, so that just leaves to more Atari systems to go. One of which is my all time fav!

Now we just need a C64 emu as well.

deathspal
August 25th, 2005, 21:43
Great!! Nice to see some american systems getting some attention. I'm a big Atari fan, so that just leaves to more Atari systems to go. One of which is my all time fav!

Now we just need a C64 emu as well.

I agree with you about the c64 emu.... I wanna paly Barbarians on my psp... I bet the analog stick would make decapatations easy.... Heh

But I must say this rocks a Atari Emu to go.... :)

thedan
August 25th, 2005, 22:04
emailed ya huh? ;) what is that address again?

edit: pm me so we can compare notes =b

ataribob
August 26th, 2005, 00:24
Very nice most games that ran are at 100%
Monty,s revenge- Pitfall_ Moon Patrol and a lot more.
Too bad Pitfall 2 still will not work (My fav game)

shadowprophet
August 26th, 2005, 00:27
I have to say bout time !
Does anybody know if the ultra rare super mario bros will work on this thing :confused:

Update nvm. I just searched on it. super mario bros for atari was a 7800 game:(

Smiths
August 26th, 2005, 00:48
emailed ya huh? ;) what is that address again?

edit: pm me so we can compare notes =b

I believe the address is: http://home.casema.nl/alysa/StellaPSP 0.1.rar

Is that what your super powers got too?

Just cuz there's a thread on your forum for it don't mean you can't get an e-mail with a download link to the actual release URL.

Welcome to news reporting and true sources.

If it was 100% hosted at your little cancer home, then you'd have ground for elitism.
Until then, piss off.

thedan
August 26th, 2005, 01:35
I believe the address is: http://home.casema.nl/alysa/StellaPSP 0.1.rar

Is that what your super powers got too?

Just cuz there's a thread on your forum for it don't mean you can't get an e-mail with a download link to the actual release URL.

Welcome to news reporting and true sources.

If it was 100% hosted at your little cancer home, then you'd have ground for elitism.
Until then, piss off.

Not quite what I meant.. shouldve clarified with email address which I havent gotten that PM yet.. but I guess it doesnt matter.

Anyways, how is your hookboot workin for ya? Buy any UMD's yet? Or still playing for free?

edit: pointless to argue with the ones who have wiki edit permissions anyways..

shadowprophet
August 26th, 2005, 01:54
Whats all this noise about?

Smiths your a respected member of the comminuty. you should know better.
And new guy. You wont last long here with that attitude:cool:
Just chill guys..you both should know better.

thedan
August 26th, 2005, 01:58
Whats all this noise about?

Smiths your a respected member of the comminuty. you should know better.
And new guy. You wont last long here with that attitude:cool:
Just chill guys..you both should know better.

you're right prophet =) /me walks away

this leads nowhere

Smiths
August 26th, 2005, 02:51
Hookboot works good, since I have Hot Shots Jap UMD now to support them. Still, loading the ISO of said UMD from mem stick = faster so... thanks for asking :)

Ahh, so it was you using PSPWiki to publically lambast wraggster.

If you want funny, you should see what happens if wraggy tries to edit PSPWiki... last time he ****ed it all up good and a backup had to be restored.

And since I'm globally banned from your charming scene-helping community, when I source something on Wiki I have to use the source I have access to.

Since I can't load anything from your charming network, I have to assume the source is elsewhere.

Ignorance is fun, isn't it? :)

And where's my expose dammit? You promised 200KB of "Smiths-shattering" news.

Prophet: I appreciate it but alas.... there's a Japanese term: muri (moo-ree). Some things remain pointless.

Anywho, back to modifying SNESTYL v1... toolchain up and running = fun.

wraggster
August 26th, 2005, 03:15
whats this about someone posting stuff about me on pspwiki

for one im not japanese and the last time i tried (to correct a link) i ****ed it all up, so i dont touch now.

as for the email, well its private and i would never divulge my secrets or private contacts, all i cay say is i got an email.

wraggster
August 26th, 2005, 03:17
ONe more thing to add, as ive said time and again ill ban anyone who trolls on these forums, this isnt some crap flamefest place like er summat nfo :p

Clay
August 26th, 2005, 04:50
/me stops in for a visit
Hey guys! :p :D

wraggster
August 26th, 2005, 07:07
:d

slayer2psp
August 26th, 2005, 07:49
ok back to the 2600 emu its sweet and even in full screen the first time out very cool i have over 500 roms on my memory card and it only takes up 3mb thats a lot of games in a small space

ataribob
August 26th, 2005, 19:05
You mean 500 games

r3n4ud
August 26th, 2005, 21:52
I've heard that the current stella is unofficial. The official psp port of stella will be coming out soon. Can anyone confirm this?

wraggster
August 26th, 2005, 22:12
yes it seems that the coder behind stella was infact going to release/do a port to PSP himself.

ataribob
August 26th, 2005, 22:56
I got hooked on Pitfall 2 on the c64
What would make my day is have it work on stella
:p