PDA

View Full Version : Need help with VMU

adrimaster
May 1st, 2004, 13:18
Hello, i need some help, i bought 2 new VMU, this is my first VMU (i bought dreamcast very recently) and i saw i can put save files and games (like tetris, and tamagotchi type games like chaos), but the files are in VMS, whow can i burn these files into a cd, then to put the CD in my dreamcast and then pass the VMU files from the CD to the Dreamcast

speud
May 1st, 2004, 14:03
the VMS file is the actual content that your VM will load. it needs a corresponding VMI file which contains infos on the file, such as the type (DATA/GAME), the filename, the number of blocks, etc...

to make a new VMI for your VMS file, or edit an existing one, feel free to use my online VMI editor: http://bswirl.kitsunet.org/vmieditor/

once you have a VMI and a VMS for each file you want to save to your VM, have a look at VMU Tool. thats an app that lets you transfer files from your CD/PC to your VM (and vice versa for PC users) between other things.
follow the instructions in the readme and check the threads dealing with the projects to get complementar infos.

adrimaster
May 2nd, 2004, 20:03
thank you!!!!!!

you are the best!!!!

:D

wraggster
May 2nd, 2004, 20:48
adrimaster

your avatar isnt showing up?

maybe the webspace you have it on doesnt permit exterior linking of images

adrimaster
May 3rd, 2004, 15:49
what are you telling about my avatar???i can see it...you cant????

it permit exterior linking (i supose)

wraggster
May 3rd, 2004, 16:02
not its not showing up. can anyone else see it?

adrimaster
May 3rd, 2004, 18:01
i am going to enter from another pc tomorrow to see that its my problem or maybe its yours..thank you for the warning..

curt_grymala
May 4th, 2004, 14:20
I couldn't see it, until I clicked on "View Image", and loaded it in a new window. Now it shows up fine.

adrimaster
May 4th, 2004, 15:52
ok..if you cant..i will upload it on another server to you..its a good avatar to see....

http://lrnetworks.webcindario.com/avatar.gif
can you see it?

wraggster
May 4th, 2004, 18:48
yeah i can see it.

Dont like it much though :P

adrimaster
May 4th, 2004, 20:35
sorry if you dont like it...xDD.i will change it....:)