PDA

View Full Version : Wab Version Changer V2

wraggster
August 25th, 2005, 20:25
Yoshihiro & Team Wab have been busy and released a new piece of software that fools your PSP into thinking its been flashed to v1.51, 1.52 or v2.0 for games that do a check.

This software is for v1.00 and v1.50 PSP Owners, heres some from the nfo:

Yoshihiro and WAB are proud to bring you ÛÛ
²Û The First Firmware Trickz for Gamez that need Firmware 1.52 Û²
²Û to run on your PSP and Cant Run UPDATER 1.52 or 2.0 ²±
²Û The System think it's a PSP v1.52 ,v1.0 ,v2.0 ±°
²Û even if its a v1.5 or 1.0 .

Note - I myself havent tried it as i dont own any games requring the firmware update.

Download Below (via the comments)

Shannon
August 25th, 2005, 20:34
Cool.. This is what should have been done in the first place instead of all those stupid memory stick loaders. Just gimme away around the forced update and I'm a happy camper. I have no problem paying for my UMD games. :D

YourStillWithMe
August 25th, 2005, 20:51
If someone tries this out and it works perfectly, Please PM me or instant message me at tool121987

Thanks!

Thank you WAB!

UnderHill
August 25th, 2005, 22:12
I hope theres a way that WAB can fool 2.0 into thinkin its a 1.50, that would be perfect! :)
good luck goes out to WAB good release

PS- dont update to US 2.0 (if you have anythin below 2.0) there may be a way to xploit the Jap 2.0 :D

YourStillWithMe
August 25th, 2005, 22:40
Underhill-Nice icon, FFVIII I think is better though the Lion Heart Limit Break is just the most insane thing I've ever seen and Knights of the table from 7 is just tooooo long haha i get exhausted before the summon is done.

Valiant
August 25th, 2005, 22:53
cool! This will definitely be helpful for future game releases...hint gran turismo 4 or such...Though this would be hard to test since there really isnt 1.5+ requirement for games in the US yet (at least not that I know of)

lockethevaliant
August 25th, 2005, 23:28
Underhill-Nice icon, FFVIII I think is better though the Lion Heart Limit Break is just the most insane thing I've ever seen and Knights of the table from 7 is just tooooo long haha i get exhausted before the summon is done.

they both suck

shadowprophet
August 26th, 2005, 00:23
This may come in handy some day:p

tekno5
August 26th, 2005, 00:48
I hope theres a way that WAB can fool 2.0 into thinkin its a 1.50, that would be perfect! :)
good luck goes out to WAB good release

PS- dont update to US 2.0 (if you have anythin below 2.0) there may be a way to xploit the Jap 2.0 :D

start thinking backwards and everything is elbissop

werbemoh nur ton nac 0.2 SU erawmrif

dman32
August 26th, 2005, 02:44
has anybody tried this?

benny blanco
August 26th, 2005, 02:56
:p

benny blanco
August 26th, 2005, 03:05
ps.- it flashes the psp load screen but doesn't even get close to playing the game . I loaded every type from 1.5- 1.52- 2.0 and it doesn't allow you to play any of the games. It makes it past the warning that says you need to update your firmware and flashes the screen that says psp but goes no further. Also the instructions where broken in the download.

dman32
August 26th, 2005, 03:59
I dont see any instructions...but on a side note how you gonna even attempt to press charges for something you not supposed to be doing anyway...if you not willing to suffer consequences you should not try it.

shadowprophet
August 26th, 2005, 04:51
this messed up my psp. i have a 1.0 and the change messed it up. The power light is now whacked out after i changed it. There better be a fix or i am pressin charges.

When you download anything from the net (homebrew wise) you are takeing a risk. Weather it be for pc or ipod,psp or whatever.
Its home made. It doesnt come with a warranty ,contract, guarantee, or even a promise to work. When you download homebrew and play it. There are risks involved.
One of those risks is, it isnt licensed software lol.
Its a download and play at your own risk kind of thing.
So bro your just shit out of luck :D

YourStillWithMe
August 26th, 2005, 05:22
I got the program to work itself and I checked it in system info and it says 2.00, 1.52, etc (I have a 1.5) if I change it to that and it works perfectly. It doesnt really work when you load the games though???? That sucks im sure it does because i dont think Yoshiro would destribute this program. There programs in the past have worked perfectly (The WAB Loader is great. . .)

dman32
August 26th, 2005, 05:29
so are you saying it works?

latinchulovip
August 26th, 2005, 07:18
I Test it...it works. And i dont have any problems with it.

benny blanco
August 26th, 2005, 09:14
i was mistaken. It seems the program change only allows the change when the psp is charging, if the psp is fully charged it wont flash to the selected firmware. On a 1.0 it doesn't play the games that require an update

dman32
August 26th, 2005, 12:50
what game did you use to test it?

kenkutax
August 26th, 2005, 14:42
Wipeout Pure PAL Needs 1.52
WAB -> NO
Fastloader -> NO

:(

dman32
August 27th, 2005, 00:22
so now this guy is saying it doesnt...damn we need some confirmation.

UnderHill
August 27th, 2005, 00:51
they both suck
Play both of them for more than 20 minutes before you criticize them
hipicrit ;)

shadowprophet
August 27th, 2005, 03:29
I think prejudice people are ignorant backwater redneck scumm.
However.
If I ran the world, one form of prejudice would still exisist.
It would be aimed at people who hate final fantay.
And we would have our meetings and outings and burn chrono crosses in there front yards.

You know what,, thats still sounds pretty redneck and ignorant. Prejudice people suck. maybe we could just I dunno,, accept those peoples rights to an opinion or somthing, and get on with our lives, rotf lol :p

Qmark
August 27th, 2005, 06:41
Someone needs to compile a simple list of exactly what games want exactly what firmware. Or is there one already?

YourStillWithMe
August 28th, 2005, 01:51
this is what I know

Death JR-1.50

Namco Museum 1.52 (that game is the worst game I've played on PSP)

Dead To Rights-1.50

Rockman Dash-1.52

Coded Arms-1.51 ( or1.52 I forgot which one)

I'm actually thinking that Grand Theft Auto wont even have an update because im sure they wont even have enough room left (about 15 mb's) to put it on the game disc considering there saying the game is going to be so good and allow players to do so much. But then again it wouldnt surprise me if they took a few dinky things out of the game just to whip out a 1.51 (one of the smaller upgrades to disable homebrew and isos)

Also I think that after 2.00 is hacked (I expect it to be done within a month or so because of the quick progress we have seen) hackers will draw back to 1.52 and 1.51 than again why would they do that when those users can just upgrade to get homebrew? im dumb haha

But when a game comes out can someone post if it has an update attached to it? It would help us all!

YourStillWithMe
August 30th, 2005, 03:57
There all over the site Q-Mark just "search" the posts

BaconButty
September 1st, 2005, 19:24
Anyone managed to get this working on a 1.0 psp? I compiled the eboot for 1.0 but it just dumps me back in the psp menu when I try to run it.