PDA

View Full Version : New StrmnNrmn Fan Website

CaptainMorgan4
March 15th, 2008, 08:21
A new website called StrmnNrmn.com dedicated to the famous PSP coder particularly involved in the N64 emulator known to us as Daedalus PSP has surfaced. This new website will feature a great amount of content as well already offering links to every release, compatability results, and customizable images for Daedalus eboots for the XMB. Apparently StrmnNrmn has already signed up and is a registered member at the site, and if the site does well it possibly could become his main blog site. The website is very colorful and userfriendly, and has forums as well as a constently updated news section on the front page. If anyone and everyone that supports StrmnNrmn could visit the site and just check it out, well it could bring StrmnNrmn out of his shell. The site looks to really supply everything a user wants when trying to discuss or even research Daedalus PSP. I'm not going to be coy with you I'm a Moderator at the site so obviously I'm trying to support it and promote it but this can only help Daedalus and the PSP community as a whole so please visit the site. StrmnNrmn is obviously interested in the website so if we make enough noice maybe he will be willing to give a blog update or something concerning it or really concerning anything. Anyway the url for the website was www.StrmnNrmn.com and enjoy your stay!

wraggster
March 15th, 2008, 10:27
hm reminds me of the exophase site and without being rude in any way a way to say its endorsed by strmnnrmn without it being his site. just my 2 penneth

Triv1um
March 15th, 2008, 11:03
A strmnnrmn site, when it isnt strmnnrmn's site?

Nah.

Sonicboy 101
March 15th, 2008, 11:36
Sorry, but it looks more like an advertisement to join to me.

If it was his site, then fine, but it isn't. So I'll pass.

dejkirkby
March 15th, 2008, 11:36
Wasn't this posted earlier in the week by a newcomer who got slated for doing it?

DPyro
March 15th, 2008, 17:34
This was posted earlier, its not his site...

Maturion
March 15th, 2008, 18:08
Nah, I'm sure StrmnNrmn doesn't post 360 news on his site.

Safari Al
March 15th, 2008, 21:26
either strmnnrmn is gone for good, or he's working incredibly hard on the next release (enough to not have time to post a blog) but he sure as heck isn't there. This does seem like advertising to me in a way...

ExcruciationX
March 15th, 2008, 22:22
Yeah, this isn't him.

CaptainMorgan4
March 15th, 2008, 23:08
Can't you people read, no where in there does it say that it was setup/or is run by StrmnNrmn.

Eviltaco64
March 15th, 2008, 23:26
It seems more like a cheap site used for advertising new games from IGN's site.

I dont believe Strmnnrmn is affiliated with this site in any way.

CaptainMorgan4
March 15th, 2008, 23:50
That 360 news and stuff was just put up by one of the Moderators (Moers), it was posted in the forums in an off-topic thread and since it's new it was posted on the front page. That has nothing to do with StrmnNrmn, the owner is named Ozone64 and from my chats with him he's a very cool guy. He's just trying to promote Daedalus and possibly give a URL for StrmnNrmn to use at his dismay, this site can only help the community and support Daedalus PSP, but of course you guys didn't get that point and that's sad.

darkness angel 777
March 16th, 2008, 01:15
hopefully we will get an update from him soon.

BrooksyX
March 16th, 2008, 01:54
new site = garbage

Don't waste our time morgan!!!

Eviltaco64
March 16th, 2008, 03:29
He really needs to give some sort of update.
This is getting to be as bad as the time he vanished after he released Daedalus R8.

DPyro
March 16th, 2008, 03:51
He's still working on the ME and won't release a new version till he's done. Most likely April we'll see another release.

No_one_in_particular
March 17th, 2008, 00:11
Just seems like a desperate attempt at getting an update from him tbh.

Eviltaco64
March 17th, 2008, 00:53
I agree with No_One_In_Particular.

JKKDARK
March 17th, 2008, 01:12
Damn too bad it was fake :(

CaptainMorgan4
March 17th, 2008, 02:15
Nothing was fake no one ever said this was a site run by StrmnNrmn, you morons missed the point so much on this post it's pathetic. If you don't care to read and actually comprehend what you read than I'm sorry but your just a stupid waste of space on this earth, god I'm so tired of stupid people.

Eviltaco64
March 17th, 2008, 02:19
Well, you know what?
I just joined.
It's not his site, but I could always use a bit more info on DaedalusPSP :)

Kramer
March 17th, 2008, 09:07
He's still working on the ME and won't release a new version till he's done. Most likely April we'll see another release.

Really?
Thats great news!!! I still have faith...:thumbup:

bah
March 17th, 2008, 10:36
$n!pR: That is great news :)

CaptainMorgan4: Everything derogatory you said in your last post, right back at you.

This has been posted before, by the person who set up the site. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=96547) Look at the way the guy writes, as if he's 9 years old.

It may not be 'fake' technically, but it is certainly purposefully misleading.

If your name was well known and respected throughout the net and closely linked with quality homebrew in the minds of people, then I created a site (without any form of contact with you) called CaptainMorgan4.com and started posting news about things that you are known to be interested in on it, would you feel still feel its not 'fake'?

What if I profited from the site, what about if I report things in ways you disagree with, what if I make mistakes that get attributed to you somehow, still not an issue?

Calling people morons, stupid and a waste of space on this earth because they have a different take on the situation isn't at all constructive and just makes you appear immature.
They didn't 'miss the point', they interpreted news of some unrelated guy creating a site named after a brilliant homebrew author differently than you did, and commented based on that.

'anyone and everyone that supports StrmnNrmn could visit the site and just check it out, well it could bring StrmnNrmn out of his shell.': He is either working on it when he can, taking a break or has abandoned the project. A website by some kid is hardly likely to change any of those possibilities.
If he releases an update, thank him and enjoy. If he does not then appreciate what he achieved to date.
I can really understand how irritating all these 'where is he, why hasn't he given me anything for free in the last X months' must be for someone working in their free time.

Just because they made you a moderator of some 2 bit site doesn't mean its suddenly valuable to the rest of us, we can deride an inept website just as you can promote it.

I'll certainly be sticking to Strmnnrmn's official blogspot page and the network that wraggster built.

No_one_in_particular
March 17th, 2008, 17:12
Hit the nail on the head.^

I'd have posted a similar rant, but I just couldn't be arsed, really, when it's all so plain to see.

Sonicboy 101
March 17th, 2008, 18:00
I gotta hand it to you Bah, you sure do know how to put up a point.

Sterist
March 19th, 2008, 02:51
"come out of his shell"? wtf?

he deserves a better comment than that.

i sure hope i'm not the only one frowning at that

Mark30001
March 19th, 2008, 15:33
Don't forget that these coders have lives, yes, it's true...

The guy has already received a warning. Any more bashings/insults from anyone else and heavy infractions will be sent out.

ExcruciationX
March 19th, 2008, 19:46
I gotta hand it to you Bah, you sure do know how to put up a point.
That's why I envy him.

bah
March 20th, 2008, 04:47
Hahaha, don't envy me.

When you have a helpdesk job where you have to just listen to BS and fix issues without being able to explain the reasons for things or how the client can help themselves next time, you grow to like being able to express/explain your POV in a way that may be offensive but is true none the less.

Good stress relief. :)

moers
March 22nd, 2008, 23:00
I just read this whole thread and you are all flaming me for just 1 silly post god help you all this is nonsense and btw i am 14 not 9. I didn't know it was for him or dedicated to him you are all such babies.

Oh and listen to captainmorgan4 he said something really interesting but you all just read the next posts and didn't listen to him, go on read his post maybe you will understand.

That 360 news and stuff was just put up by one of the Moderators (Moers), it was posted in the forums in an off-topic thread and since it's new it was posted on the front page. That has nothing to do with StrmnNrmn, the owner is named Ozone64 and from my chats with him he's a very cool guy. He's just trying to promote Daedalus and possibly give a URL for StrmnNrmn to use at his dismay, this site can only help the community and support Daedalus PSP, but of course you guys didn't get that point and that's sad.

Nothing was fake no one ever said this was a site run by StrmnNrmn, you morons missed the point so much on this post it's pathetic. If you don't care to read and actually comprehend what you read than I'm sorry but your just a stupid waste of space on this earth, god I'm so tired of stupid people.

ExcruciationX
March 22nd, 2008, 23:04
I just read this whole thread and you are all flaming me for just 1 silly post god help you all this is nonsense and btw i am 14 not 9. I didn't know it was for him or dedicated to him you are all such babies.

Oh and listen to captainmorgan4 he said something really interesting but you all just read the next posts and didn't listen to him, go on read his post maybe you will understand.
What? Who are you supposed to be?

EDIT: Oh, okay. I didn't care to read much of anything at the actual website because I've been busy with school and various other things.

moers
March 22nd, 2008, 23:06
What? Who are you supposed to be?

See what i mean you never listen!

oh sorry you edited your post :)

oh and read this post for the people who missed the 3rd page!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan4 View Post
Last edited by moers : Today at 23:05.

ExcruciationX
March 22nd, 2008, 23:07
No worries, bro. :)

Triv1um
March 22nd, 2008, 23:08

Well its a very misleading Domain name. If you wanted to make a site dedicated to him you dont make it just his username.com.

How do you expect people to act?

moers
March 22nd, 2008, 23:10
Well its a very misleading Domain name. If you wanted to make a site dedicated to him you dont make it just his username.com.

How do you expect people to act?

but did you all have to react like this? i mean it's just a user name isn't it?

ExcruciationX
March 22nd, 2008, 23:13
but did you all have to react like this? i mean it's just a user name isn't it?
Erm, I'd have to say Triv1um's right here.

But, what else would you name a website dedicated to Daedalus?

No_one_in_particular
March 23rd, 2008, 02:02
Moers, I think it's you who needs to go and read Bah's post again. There's clearly more to it than just innocently using his name, and I think even you can work out why. 'Daedalus Back?'...yeh, right.

Also, you may be 14 year old, but it reads like punctuality's passed you by, so forgive us if we think you're at the writing age of an 8 year old.

xg917
March 23rd, 2008, 23:37
okay point is, the website is dedicated to strmnnrmn and his hard work on daedalus. no harm done, finito, its over. im no mod but arguments over something stupid like this need to stop. and um about "getting strmnnrmn out of his shell".... that was not a good way to put it. he could give us an update when ever HE wants to. we cant force him, it could make him stop wanting to develop his project and just abandon it, we have a gift of FREE homebrew, he does not get paid for this at all. there fore we should just be happy with what we have, as i said before we cant force anyone to do anything, we are lucky enough to have daedalus in the first place, and lucky enough to have a dedicated coder that has been through hard ships and flamers just as exophase has.

in conclusion, strmnnrmn.com may sound misleading, but its just a fan site. okay so everyone stop getting on the guys dick for making it.

leave strmnnrmn alone, be patient, be happy, join strmnnrmn.com and talk all about daedalus related topics you want and ideas, and compatibility and what ever you want.

XG917

edit: oh and the topic name is kind of misleading too. gotcha there morgan.

bah
March 24th, 2008, 03:16
xg917:
I agree with you completely about how disrespectful it is for people to act so expectant of regular new releases, but disagree that morgan was correct to insult people for stating they don't feel moers went about being a fan in a great way.

Both of them tried to get people to join the site by suggesting that people talking about the project there would somehow encourage Strmnnrmn to put even more time into it or release more often. That is very similar to people posting and complaining that the man hasn't given them anything free in the last X months: extremely disrespectful of the huge amount of time/work that such a complicated project requires and the fact it is all done for free in his spare time.

I think that mindset made up the bulk of peoples objections (mine included).

Especially when moers first advertised it here at dcemu by saying (boldness added):
'we have made a website dedicated to strmnrmn we need people to join as we only have 14 members this site will be strmnrmn's blogspot from nowon he will not use that other website once he has talked with us we will make him admin'.
It shows a willingness to speak on behalf of the man the site is named after, even when he had never spoken with him.

On a different note, is 'stop getting on the guys dick for making it.' a common expression where you are from?

I've heard 'get off his back' used to mean 'leave him alone' plenty of times; 'get off his dick' sounds like he's been befouling me in the anus, which is hardly a situation that would lead people to see me as the agressor.

No_one_in_particular
March 24th, 2008, 04:29
It shows a willingness to speak on behalf of the man the site is named after, even when he had never spoken with him.
Not only that, it's worded (however unintentionally) like it's their decision to make - boldness indeed.

Buddy4point0
March 24th, 2008, 15:08
someone lock this advertising maddness!

Cloudhunter
March 24th, 2008, 17:11
Sorry for the late reply to the topic, however I think most of the friction came due to the fact that the original post/topic title was misleading.

Word to the wise: Don't mislead people, and your site would be fine.

Cloudy