PDA

View Full Version : The waiting thread...

shadowprophet
March 15th, 2008, 23:25
Yes, if your like me, Right about now you are waiting for something big to happen in the wii homebrew scene.

That first emu that will allow one to load roms from the wii's sd slot? Or some great piece of homebrew that will help us pass the time? Yeah, We all know the feeling. We don't know when but we know something big is coming, and it's coming soon.

What are you hoping to see out of the wii homebrew scene?

I would be happy with a few great emus, But what about you guys, what would you like to see?

Eviltaco64
March 15th, 2008, 23:29
A fullspeed N64 emulator that makes use of the Motion sensing.

Imagine Goldeneye with motion sensing!

shadowprophet
March 15th, 2008, 23:32
A fullspeed N64 emulator that makes use of the Motion sensing.

Imagine Goldeneye with motion sensing!

I believe we will see that in time. Just look at the wii, it already has, built in emulation for sevral consoles. we can expect to see at least perfect emulation for those consoles ,,in time.. :D And motion sensing will be making it's way into wii homebrew at some point down the road im certain of it :thumbup:

Triv1um
March 15th, 2008, 23:34
I don't own a Wii anymore, but i would really like to see anything that actually makes a really good inventive use out of the Wii Remote.

shadowprophet
March 15th, 2008, 23:39
I don't own a Wii anymore, but i would really like to see anything that actually makes a really good inventive use out of the Wii Remote.

Worst time ever to not own a wii from a homebrew prospective brother triv1um , I would consider getting another pretty soon, *The wii scene is about to get white hot, mybe even hotter then the psp scene ever was. with all the extra power and resources the wii will have over the psp, we are going to see things the psp could have never done, almost right from the beginning. The wii scene is going to be like the psp scene on steroids :p

Trust brother shades on this one *nods

*Edit here is a video of a snes game cube emu working on the wii, look how well it runs..

pyZZ7WDhUDk
We can expect to see much from the wii homebrew scene in the future:cool:

lmtlmt
March 16th, 2008, 04:02
I'm waiting for the PS3 scene...

shadowprophet
March 16th, 2008, 12:04
i'm guessing the reasons we havnt saw an emu for the new twlight hack yet.

The improvements will most likely be more then just a a simple rom load fix. I assume we will see them rewriten to take advantage of the wii's extra power most likely the the control scheme too. I figure we will be using the classic controller via the wii mote instead of the gamecube controller this time around :cool:

JKKDARK
March 16th, 2008, 13:01
a method to play Wii games with a Gamecube controller.

Triv1um
March 16th, 2008, 13:18
Worst time ever to not own a wii from a homebrew prospective brother triv1um , I would consider getting another pretty soon,

To be honest, I wouldnt mind getting another one. But it would just be for the homebrew. None of the games out at the moment appeal to me one bit.

I can see big things happening in the Wii Homebrew Scene though.

JKKDARK
March 16th, 2008, 13:27
None of the games out at the moment appeal to me one bit.

Super Mario Galaxy, Nights, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Resident Evil.................

Safari Al
March 16th, 2008, 15:23
I can't wait to see what's in store for the wii homebrew scene. Once I learn C and if I'm familiar with it enough, I'd like to start developing for it (LONG way away :P ). Anyway, it seems as if there will be very original ideas popping out of nowhere once this whole thing kicks in. I like the idea of an emulator with motion support.

shadowprophet
March 16th, 2008, 21:15
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1160910/wii_homebrew_channelcheck this out guys. :cool:

Triv1um
March 16th, 2008, 22:21
Super Mario Galaxy, Nights, Zelda, Super Smash Bros, Resident Evil.................

Eh, I am aware of the games that are out.

But too be honest, when i had my Wii. I totally LOVED Twilight Princess.

But the rest was total dirt in my eyes.

Eviltaco64
March 17th, 2008, 01:21
I believe we will see that in time. Just look at the wii, it already has, built in emulation for sevral consoles. we can expect to see at least perfect emulation for those consoles ,,in time.. :D And motion sensing will be making it's way into wii homebrew at some point down the road im certain of it :thumbup:

I'm sure it could be done, but from my experience using older and console emulators for Nintendo 64, Goldeneye and especially Perfect Dark (along with other games from Rareware) are a lot harder to emulate than more simple games like Mario 64.

I know that Surreal64 for the Xbox would run the game in UltraHLE with weird gameplay. PJ64 and 1964 needed more ram, and the Wii has about
88MB ram in comparison to Xbox's 64MB. So it could be done, and since the Wii is obviously a lot more popular than Xbox at the current time, there might be more devoted coders.

Either way, Wiibrew is definitely going to make a change with motion sensing used in controllers, and I think it's definitely going to be worth $250.

Eviltaco64
March 17th, 2008, 01:26

Mario Galaxy, Smash, and NiGHTS are worth the Wii, but that Zelda is already on Gamecube as the same exact game but mirrored. And Resident Evil?
I heard Umbrella Chronicles was trash. And RE4? Already on Gamecube, PS2, and PC.

shadowprophet
March 17th, 2008, 04:46
AFK-MAN bringing you almost confirmed rumors from the bleeding edge of the homebrew scene.

nippers from #wiidev

some guy ----><TheUni> Anyone know if the channel in bushing's video survives a reboot?
The man himself --->...<bushing> yes
some other guy -----><Cloudy> Thought it would - looks like it is written to flash. Which is kinda neat :)
me----><AFK-MAN> so then the channel would always be there always ready to play homebrew on boot ?
<TheUni> well that's a good answer from a good source :)
* maxftball has quit IRC (Read error: Operation timed out)
<bushing> it's a channel.
<AFK-MAN> awesome, genius man,
<TheUni> bushing: congrats then, that's huge.
<AFK-MAN> indeed
<Cloudy> Shame it needs Zelda, but you can't have it all ;)
<bushing> :) marcan wrote the code that installed it, go talk to him
* bushing hides behind marcan
<TheUni> heh
<AFK-MAN> that means the twilight hack, hell zelda it's self wont be needed but just one time.
<TheUni> Cloudy: but if i understand correctly, zelda only needs to be run once
<Cloudy> TheUni: Seems like it :)
<AFK-MAN> amazing
<b0lt> that's ridiculous
<AFK-MAN> its completely the most awesome thing ever is what it is :D
<TheUni> bushing: i suppose a key needs to be used to sign the chan, meaning a public release is tricky?
<bushing> it's using the trucha signing exploit
<bushing> it's using the trucha signing exploit
<bushing> the main reason we can't release it yet is that it's just built by modifying the mii channel -- we haven't figured out all of the pieces needed to make a channel using 100% homebrew code
<AFK-MAN> so this is a completely different method then the twilight hack?
* falco2 has joined #wiidev
<falco2> wooooooooo thanks for the front loader everyone
<marcan> bushing: I *only* copied the icon from Mii.
<bushing> and the nandloader
<marcan> the nandloader from Everybody Votes
<marcan> :P
<TheUni> bushing: i see
<Cloudy> lol.
<AFK-MAN> if all else fails and you cant change the image of the channel couldnt you just corrupt it's appearance beyond recognition ? i not an expert on any level, for the recod,
<Cybertron> I'm sure the wii channel graphic is similar to the game saves ones
<bushing> AFK-MAN: it's not the actual graphics that are a problem, it's that there's a fundamental piece of code in the channel (corresponding to an ELF loader) that is taken from one of the nintendo channels

*from the horses mouth people..

Cloudhunter
March 17th, 2008, 15:19
some other guy -----><Cloudy> Thought it would - looks like it is written to flash. Which is kinda neat :)

Some other guy? Pfft :p

Didn't know it was you though ;)

Cloudy

shadowprophet
March 17th, 2008, 15:51
Some other guy? Pfft :p

Didn't know it was you though ;)

Cloudy

ahh so it was you brother cloud, I thought it could be you, but I wasn't sure ;)

shadowprophet
March 18th, 2008, 16:05
s-MBRfnxieQ&hl
This is a mockup video of what the channel may look like, the final art work hasnt been decided. and thusly,,regardless of what the banner says, the channel is not released yet:cool:

paco9060
March 18th, 2008, 22:46
Can you use a rom injector with Genplus to get it working via the twilight hack? I would not mind doing it for the time being but depending on how long it takes for a front slot Genplus release I might just go buy the Slot A and B adapter from Dealextreme....

Shadowblind
March 18th, 2008, 22:50
Im waiting for Ninja Gaiden II, Gears 2, tales of Vesperia, Dark Sector, Too Human, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Left 4 Dead, and about 15 other 360 games....sigh.

Eh, I am aware of the games that are out.

But too be honest, when i had my Wii. I totally LOVED Twilight Princess.

But the rest was total dirt in my eyes.

Amen. At least until TOS 2 or de Blob come out. But the Wii is desperately behind on good games.

____anders____
March 19th, 2008, 09:30
playing on a dos emulator would be cool :D
hehe and seiken densetsu 3 (secret of mana 2) on a SNES emu too hehe :)