PDA

View Full Version : Europe Release 5 Days Away and Counting

wraggster
August 26th, 2005, 01:45
Those of you in the UK (like me) and the rest of Europe are 5 days away from a console whos graphics will blow you away. You may be lucky and get a v1.5 (Homebrew compatible firmware) or you may indeed have to put up with a non homebrew PSP but dont let that put you off, the design of the PSP is jaw dropping, the first time you boot up Ridge Racer you will think your playing on a PS2 and in some ways the PSP is faster. The fact you can play and store Music, Photos, Movies and such things as all the PSP Magizines that have been released plus some excellent films on UMD and the possibility that the PS3 will be PSP compatible with a UMD slot that will be great for movies and be basically a place to play PSP on a big screen. (Now who told me that juicy info ;)).

5 Days till you get your hands on a console that will amaze :)

smo
August 26th, 2005, 09:13
I was under the impression that all European models will be version 2.0?

*o*
August 26th, 2005, 10:26
they most likely will be....

@wraggster what if some people (ie. me) dont buy ridge racer? will i still be equally happy?

Giga Phil
August 26th, 2005, 12:40
I was under the impression that all European models will be version 2.0?

They are, sony confirmed it about a month ago.

warped
August 26th, 2005, 13:35
5 Days till you get your hands on a console that will amaze :)

It is a brilliant device. remember when it was like 5 months away...! ...i was like sod that! (i imported one the next day) :D
Sony, why delay it for soooooo long?? :eek: ugghh

Anyone know if GTA will be a release title?

slayer2psp
August 26th, 2005, 15:57
gta im pretty sure is oct but you guys are getting a lot more games then the usa i already have two eur psp games f1 and ape academia neither have a date for the usa yet.sure the wait sucks but you guys do get a lot more games

SoQb0nc5r
August 26th, 2005, 16:58
i think most psp fanatics in uk have already got a psp from usa or japan (like me)

smo
August 26th, 2005, 18:34
What's "the game" to get at launch? Eg. "if you only could get one game, what would you get" (I'm already going to get Lumines because it seems interesting and I'm a sucker for "innovative" type of games) I don't really like racing games (Ridge Racer) that much (though Burnout series has been great) and Wipeout on other consoles didn't do much for me and those two games are rated the top games at Metacritic.

slayer2psp
August 26th, 2005, 18:44
Thats a tough one Lumines is cool but its just a puzzle game. Is Tony Hawk a launch game in the uk? If so thats what I would get if I could only get one game. There is so much too do in that game

SoQb0nc5r
August 26th, 2005, 19:05
i want gtalibstor :(

smo
August 26th, 2005, 21:22
I played Tony Hawk 2 on PC a lot and tried the later versions on consoles, but it seemed like they lost the fun factor there for some reason.

I'll probably pick up Burnout: Legends when it's released.

slayer2psp
August 27th, 2005, 01:51
burnout not intill sept 16th thats a long wait from sept1 i cant wait to try toca race driver

Cap'n 1time
August 27th, 2005, 03:06
burnout not intill sept 16th thats a long wait from sept1 i cant wait to try toca race driver

thats a long wait eh? let me ask you somthing... were you a halo 2 fan? ;) . You probably arnt.. but if your were... well if 16 days is too long youd probably of had an aneurism!

Tetsuo
August 27th, 2005, 10:08
Im way ahead of my fellow dutch people :D

Tomppa
August 27th, 2005, 14:37
Aaargh! I'm dying to boriness of waiting! Someone give somthing fun to do while waiting?

*o*
August 27th, 2005, 23:11
you *begine whisperin*

BulletMag
August 27th, 2005, 23:49
from what i heard some french stores have reported the europe versions of the psp are firmware 1.52 which at the moment still rules out homebrew (but seeing how things are going, it shouldnt be long til it works)
the disk included in the pack no doubt contains the 2.0 update, i may hold off with the update and watch the scene for a week or two before updating if indeed the 1.52 euro firmware reports are true..

Tomppa
August 28th, 2005, 17:31
BulletMag, thanks for the info, I just have to hope I get a 1.52 then :P

BigDaddyXD
August 29th, 2005, 06:36
For all those who already own a PSP, what would you say was the better choice?
My first game shall be "Ridge Racer" or "Wipeout". Any racinggame that rules SP and MP.
What would you guys who have already played both propose?

hbk2005v1
August 29th, 2005, 07:35
How Busy will the shops be on september 1st i orderd 1 from my local woolworths will i have to get up early or if i go later on will i still get 1 the recipt has no order number so im guessing its 1st come 1st served which is pretty stupid seeing i put down £20 to preorder it

BigDaddyXD
August 29th, 2005, 09:03
LOL! I wanted to preorder it... but they told me "The maximum number of preorders is
already reached". So i see myself standing at the frontdoor of my Media Markt with
like 300 little ****heads that are fully equipped with daddys euros and ready 2 rumble.
I'm quite above that age running into the shop to get my PSP... but i am afraid this
will be the only chance to get one...
How i wish we still lived in medieval times... those ****heads had no chance messing
with my 2handed Battleaxe ^_^ Hmm, but then there wouldn't be a PSP, right? ARRRGH

morphiusd
August 29th, 2005, 10:56
BigDaddyXD - My personal favourite has been Ridge Racer. I'm one of those UK PSP owners who couldn't wait and have had mine since released in Japan. Best thing I ever did and cost less than UK release price

BigDaddyXD
August 29th, 2005, 15:06
Hmm, i have read a whole bunch of reviews and i think i'll get myself Wipeout Pure...
It shall be a lot faster and the downloadable content is very interesting, too!
Perhaps one day i'll have both :) It's just so sad that NfSU 4 PSP suxx...