PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo DS Scene on Fire

wraggster
August 26th, 2005, 02:01
Anyone who visits here will be in no doubt that the DS scene with the worldwide support from talented coders is now as good if not better than the PSP and because of the Firmware issues the DS scene will no doubt continue to grow.

Whats your favorite Homebrew/Emulation release so far ?

ptr.exe
August 26th, 2005, 13:59
I love my DS, and would love to enjoy the available homebrew especially considering the commercial game drought in the UK, however it's too complicated.

I'm not blaming anyone, i'm impressed that it could be done at all, but what with pass-me's and needing GBA flash carts and specific wi-fi cards with specific DS drivers, it's just too complicated.

Compared to the cost of h/b on the Dreamcast - console = £10 + the price of a CD-R, the costs to get h/b on the DS is too high, i don't have a GBA flash cart, or a wi-fi card, to spend almost £100 just to play some emu's that i can play on my DC and a few homebrew games does not seem worth it, especially as ive just spent £100 on the console.

Cbass182
August 26th, 2005, 20:07
You DON'T need a wifi card to use homebrew on the nintendo ds...All you need is a gba flash cart...

easybuy2000.com x-rom 512mbit for USD $69.99

and a passme

dspassme.com (click on "Order" up top) for USD $24.99

that's about $95 dollars for everything...or you can get a gba movie player with the firmware already updated to run homebrew and passme from dspassme.com and it only cost's $50...

There are many ways to run homebrew...the most reliable and most compatible way is a gba flash cart and passme...

Plug in the passme to your DS, put a demo/homebrew game on your gba flash cart and put it in your DS and start playing!

If you dont' like the passme sticking out of your ds, just get the firmware update by a guy named Loopy, put that on your gba flashcart, plug in your passme and cart, touch the two points in your battery compartment to short them, run the program and in less than a minute your passme is now useless...you can run homebrew without it...and no more health warning screen...it's great!

it took me a whopping 10 minutes after i got my passme in the mail to flash my firmware and start playing homebrew...or if you don't want to flash your firmware, just plug in the passme and put a homebrew game on your gba flash cart and your up and running...it's not complicated at all...

I can see how you say it's expensive to get this stuff...but the thing is, most people already had a gba flash cart so the extra expense of passme for USD $25 is nothing...

ptr.exe
August 26th, 2005, 20:17
It's still expensive. As im in UK postage costs from sites is rape, and UK based sites prices seem much more anyway.

I think i'll stick with the Dreamcast homebrew scene for now.

shade
August 26th, 2005, 23:31
You could wait for M3 Perfect, then you'll get everything you need in one neat package, all you need then is an SD or a CF card which have a lot more capacity then the expensive flash Carts

ptr.exe
August 27th, 2005, 05:55
Yeah, ive had my eye on the SD one, it looks alot better and is cheaper especially as i have SD cards already. I may get that when it's released.

Cbass182
August 27th, 2005, 15:03
I WILL get that when it comes out along with a 2gig sd card :)

mmmmm...simpsons on my ds...drroooooolll.....

applfks
April 21st, 2007, 17:30
You dont need all that stuff.I went out to a walmart ant got a max media which take sd cards(very cheap)and d/l maximum overload.Plays backups,homebrew.
total spent 40 us$.:thumbup:

_bong
April 21st, 2007, 18:08
wow...

Sonicboy 101
April 21st, 2007, 18:10
Why bump a thread at least 2 years old?

DanTheManMS
April 21st, 2007, 18:24
You bumped a post from 2005. Obviously their discussion is going to be out of date.

VampDude
April 22nd, 2007, 07:26
Why bump a thread at least 2 years old?

Cause he's a n00b, and n00b's are obviously very stupid and/or retarded!:rofl:

Buddy4point0
April 23rd, 2007, 10:52
seriously this is so old man, lol 2 years

Tegamal
April 24th, 2007, 13:42
Holy Necro-Thread, Batman!

papayo
April 24th, 2007, 16:08
Cause he's a n00b, and n00b's are obviously very stupid and/or retarded!:rofl:

Hmmm, it's funny that you say that, so if I'd join this site yesterday I would be retarded? Newbs aren't retarded and please refrain from saying that. It's quite offensive.