PDA

View Full Version : SNES9X TYL ME Netplay Problems

KingOfHearts
March 17th, 2008, 03:21
My friend (psp fat, not to mention that he's fat too ;D) and I (psp slim) downgraded to 3.90 m33-2 and we both got snes9xtyl 4.2. Now we both got contra 3, ninja turtles, zombies 2 and knights of the round table. Now out of those 4, kinghts of the round table was the only game to come close to working right in netplay. What would happen is that after connecting and flushing the server, and going through all those STILL:20434k to STILL:231k and that stuff, it would get to a black screen, no sound. It's not frozen, because we can still press HOME to quit but it won't advance any further. Now knights of the round table got through all of that but ended on only MY psp (host psp) with the game showing on screen, his was black screen. He could control his char from his blank psp though... help?= /

sorry it's so long... i tried to shorten it but i didn't want to lose clarity

KingOfHearts
March 18th, 2008, 01:16
Someone told me noone responded to my plea for help last time because it was in the wrong forum and told me to come here...
Did they tell me to go to the wrong forum?
This one is for asking for help isn't it? Emulations was the forum I posted in before....

No_one_in_particular
March 18th, 2008, 02:22
No, you've posted it in the right place. It's just your problem looks very specific, so there isn't as many people who can help. Give it a few days, if you've not got a response try posting on some other forums (I don't mean other parts of DCemu btw) as the more places you ask, the more likely you'll get an answer.

KingOfHearts
March 19th, 2008, 02:57
It's not exactly very specific... just try SNES9X netplay... we've tried a few more games.... they just ended in black screens...Doesn't need to be those games in general, should I go to the makers?

KingOfHearts
April 7th, 2008, 04:57
Can't anyone with SNES9X get a friend and try out netplay?? T.T
I still haven't figured anything out.

arvkova
May 12th, 2008, 12:19
Can't anyone with SNES9X get a friend and try out netplay?? T.T
I still haven't figured anything out.

Hello KingOf Hearts,

I had the exact same problem as you are having. However, afer some experimentation I've been able to use netplay using a Phat and a Slim. What I did is use snes9xTYL 0.4.2 ME for firmware 1.50 (NOT for firmware 3.XX) on both the Phat and Slim. For the Slim I used Dark_Alex's Time Machine to run snes9xTYL in 1.50 mode and everything ran smoothly in netplay! :cool:

I probably wouldn't have figured this out if my girlfriend didn't insist on playing Super Mario in 2 player mode :p

eightlegs
June 2nd, 2008, 01:57
haha could u elaborate for me? I'm kind of new to the scene. Once I use the time machine to go to 1.50 can i get back up to the cfw i was using prior to running the time machine? Like, I mean, once the timemachine prog finishes, does it automatically take me back to my cfw i had? I had the same problem using netplay, so im excited to know there's a fix